Sellers, use the client review section wisely

kulkicreatives

The Fiverr review section is quite one sided. While the buyers leave reviews about their actual experience with us, we mostly shy away from expressing ourselves. We give every buyer a 5 start review but not all buyers are good buyers. Some are just not worth working for.

I recently had a corporate client who cancelled the order just because his Chrome was giving him false virus warning when he tried to download the final delivered files. I worked with him for 2 weeks and he just took off with this excuse. I know he got the files and will be using my work but I can't do anything about it.

Fiverr would be a better place for sellers if we start giving true reviews to clients so that before we decide to work with a client, we know how he behaves with sellers and what their integrity looks like.

10 hours ago, kulkicreatives said:

Fiverr would be a better place for sellers if we start giving true reviews to clients so that before we decide to work with a client, we know how he behaves with sellers and what their integrity looks like.

So the obvious question is why don't you give honest reviews on your buyers?  Seems you are creating your own problem. 

2 hours ago, stephenronline said:

As a buyer, I always leave 5 star reviews whether I'm happy with the result or not because I usually deal with services that are less than $30 USD.

Then you are cheating yourself, the buyer, Fiverr, and the rest of us for not giving an honest review.  

If everyone is a 5-star, then no one is.  Be honest or don't give a review at all. Geez..... what is so hard about this?

Truthful reviews definitely help, although it's a bit difficult on seller side, when it's a first order, and/or there wasn't really any interaction, apart from buyer ordered directly, seller delivered. However, if sellers put a little thought into their review texts, they can help other sellers who bother to look up the reviews (which I try to remind myself to do, but actually often forget, just going by my own impression, but reviews can be very helpful, that is if they are honest, and somewhat detailed).

3 hours ago, stephenronline said:

I would certainly be much more critical if I had paid for an expensive service. I'm talking about services that can be had for the price of a Happy Meal.

I think that makes a lot of sense. We've often brought up the point that it might be good if Fiverr added the order amount to the reviews. I've got a couple reviews where the buyers themselves mentioned it, which is an excellent idea to add meaning to a review, to help other buyers with their decision. 

ETA: Should be a toggle thing, though, like with the portfolio sample, if privacy is wanted.

On 2/18/2022 at 8:26 PM, kulkicreatives said:

I recently had a corporate client who cancelled the order just because his Chrome was giving him false virus warning when he tried to download the final delivered files.

This is a very unfortunate situation as it's not your fault that the buyer misunderstand the file, thinking it's a virus. So to avoid this false alarms you can make a zip file of it and then deliver it

On 2/19/2022 at 9:38 AM, cs_evans said:

Then you are cheating yourself, the buyer, Fiverr, and the rest of us for not giving an honest review.  

If everyone is a 5-star, then no one is.  Be honest or don't give a review at all. Geez..... what is so hard about this?

On 2/19/2022 at 6:27 AM, newsmike said:

So the obvious question is why don't you give honest reviews on your buyers?  Seems you are creating your own problem. 

I am talking about a common patten on Fiverr where all sellers just put 5 star no matter how their actual experience is with the buyer. I am not talking about one particular person, myself or someone else.

Also, I think a discussion can be held in a less hostile manner. It's a classic 'blame the victim' mentality on display here with these two gentlemen.

24 minutes ago, kulkicreatives said:

I think a discussion can be held in a less hostile manner. It's a classic 'blame the victim' mentality on display here with these two gentlemen.

I think you need to learn what the word "victim" means, also, I hope that saying so wasn't too hostile. I'd hate to be the one to send you to the couch for the afternoon. 

6 hours ago, mominahmed said:

We have to be honest while giving feedbacks to the client as well but I think no one here notices the client feedbacks while getting order from them. 😄

Most junior sellers will not bother checking because of the low inflow but when you gain traction, there are many buyers and you have some room to decline some clients. In such a case, honest reviews from previous sellers would be great help.

19 hours ago, newsmike said:

I think you need to learn what the word "victim" means, also, I hope that saying so wasn't too hostile. I'd hate to be the one to send you to the couch for the afternoon. 

"send you to the couch for the afternoon" hahaha you overestimate your influence on the internet good sir. 

4 hours ago, kulkicreatives said:

"send you to the couch for the afternoon" hahaha you overestimate your influence on the internet good sir. 

I was not commenting on the "internet", but rather on a specific comment from a specific, sensitive user. Please re-read for proper context. 

Archived