How to deal with buyers with broken English and bad communication skills

gorgeka111

Hi all,

so recently, I received a few messages from buyers who ended up having broken English. Although I would understand what they are trying to say, but the worst part is that I cannot understand fully what they want. Some of them would send me the requirements and expect me to fully understand them and even explain to them what they want from me to do correctly, or I am not worth their time. Here are some examples...

I received a message from a buyer who wanted me to do their assignment. The assignment was a simple algorithm to which I agreed. The buyer failed to explain to me how exactly I should do their assignment, so I ended up only doing the algorithm which they wanted, sent the code to them and then, asked me that I should have had connected the code to their assignment. To connect the code to their assignment, I had to access their university portal page which only they had the access. I hence cancelled the order.

Another message I received from today, was a buyer who would send me messages with only a few words expecting me to understand exactly what they wanted. The buyer sent me their requirements of the project which was so difficult to understand. The buyer expected me to fully understand it so they will think that I am a good candidate to work for them. This is terrible, as this buyer was so unresponsive and I didn't continue.

I ended up blocking both of these buyers so they won't ever try to contact me.

On the other hand, I have had some great buyers. An awesome experience working with them. Having great communications skills and you would know exactly what they want right off the bat. That's the main reason why I am a 4.9/5 stars seller. Still working my way up to reach Level 1.

Have you guys ever dealt with buyers like this? If so, what have you tried to understand what they want? What did you ask them? 

Help will be much appreciated!

I say, thank you, but I cannot assist you because of the communication barrier.  And if when I look at their profile and they say they speak fluent English, I call them out on that, too.  There is zero point in trying to do a job for which you cannot be sure of the requirements.  It is a recipe for disaster. 

On 2/10/2022 at 3:04 AM, gorgeka111 said:

I received a message from a buyer who wanted me to do their assignment. The assignment was a simple algorithm to which I agreed. The buyer failed to explain to me how exactly I should do their assignment, so I ended up only doing the algorithm which they wanted, sent the code to them and then, asked me that I should have had connected the code to their assignment. To connect the code to their assignment, I had to access their university portal page which only they had the access.

It's against the TOS to do academic work, by the way.

Archived