My account is currently restricted and is currently under review by Trust and Safety team

alii_recruiter

Question

So i was working fine on fiver this morning, and I just refreshed the page and all my gigs were denied and on the message, it says "Your account is currently restricted. You cannot send messages at this time." I open my mail and it says "the account is under review". I then contacted the CS and they say I had multiple accounts and that's why they have done this. Now i wanted to ask how much time does the review team takes to solve an issue like this, I know they say up to 90 days but if anyone can tell me with experience, how much time does it normally take. Also in this condition, do i stand a chance cuz I didn't got any warning or anything.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

11 answers to this question

Probably not even replies by people who have the experience, and are still on Fiverr and the forum, would help you.

It'll depend on what exactly they are checking and how much there is to check (if they are already checking an account because they think the account holder has multiple accounts and thus violated one term, I'd say chances are high that they also check other things, like messages, for other potential violations), how flooded or not support is with requests, how high up on their priority list your case is, ... 

You know Fiverr's terms, certainly, since you accepted them when creating your account, and from that, you can infer that not having gotten a warning before, doesn't mean your account won't be suspended. They do or do not give out warnings first. While chances of suspension logically will increase if you already got warned, depending on what they find in their account review, they may very well suspend the account permanently without warning.

If you actually do not have multiple accounts (Did you ponder how they got the idea, any little brother or sister around who may have a Fiverr account without you knowing?), and everything else is in order too, your chances should be good.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 12

I had an order cancelled, about 3 minutes after they restricted. The buyer, i think accidently ordered or something cuz he didn't talked with me and instead of contacting with me he first placed it and then CS cancelled it. I think he/she contacted CS directly, for the cancellation. Cuz he didn't contacted me.

• Like 6

Guest lloydsolutions
17 hours ago, alii_recruiter said:

Also in this condition, do i stand a chance cuz I didn't got any warning or anything.

Restricted

The account is partially disabled.
The customer, either buyer or seller, can access the account, withdraw funds, complete ongoing orders, and review their order history. They cannot place or receive new orders, nor can they communicate with other customers through inbox messages.  seller's Gigs will not show on the marketplace, and buyers will not be able to place new orders. Once an account is temporarily disabled, the customer needs to wait for the trial period (which can take upwards of 90 days) to be completed—to know if the account will be restored or permanently disabled. 

Customer Support can neither influence the result of this review nor can they update the customer on the review's end date. 

The above is from the Help Centre.

You will have to wait for the outcome of the review.

On 2/10/2022 at 3:32 PM, mariashtelle1 said:

Did you have other account before this one? 

HI, I had one account a year ago and fiverr banned that account because I did student work on it.

Before a month I made new account and it was working totally fine and today fiverr team has restricted my account and said you have multiple accounts but I only have one account that I was using . Previous account was banned by fiverr itself . Will my this account restore? is there any chances because I have done so much hard work on it and It was my level 1 seller account ? 

Please guide senior, 

Thanks and regards

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, gmd_services said:

Previous account was banned by fiverr itself . Will my this account restore?

Of course not. Looks like you didn’t read fiverr TOS even after you account was banned. 
If you are banned you are banned forever and you are not allowed to open new accounts. All new account will be banned too sooner or later 

• Like 4