20 were spam among 23 knocks from the buyers

shara_bd

Question

I have got total 23 knocks from the buyers till now since creating my Fiverr account. But among them 20 were spam by Fiverr, only 3 were real buyers. Among the three buyers, only 1 buyer ordered me.

Here the matter of worry to me is that my conversion rate is 00.03%. And it is getting lower day by day.

Each spam message that I found contained someone's contact number of either What's Up or Telegram.

Please inform me about the matters mentioned below.

1) Is there anything to do for me?
2) Are you facing this too?
3) Do only the new sellers face this?

Advance thanks to all suggestion giver!!!

13 answers to this question

On 2/6/2022 at 2:59 PM, shara_bd said:

I have got total 23 knocks from the buyers till now since creating my Fiverr account. But among them 20 were spam by Fiverr, only 3 were real buyers. Among the three buyers, only 1 buyer ordered me.

Suggest you use the word "contact" instead of "knock" in your communications as that will come across as more professional.

We are also facing some spam buyers till now. I'm also new seller but 8 order already completed. In these situations, unfortunately many spammer contact me but I'm recognized them after facing one spammer. Don't worry about it and keep trust in yourself that you could go ahead your journey in Fiverr. Thanks.. 

On 2/6/2022 at 3:59 PM, shara_bd said:

Here the matter of worry to me is that my conversion rate is 00.03%. And it is getting lower day by day.

All the spam is really annoying, isn't it. But I'd not worry about the conversion rate too much. I have a conversion rate like that since years, or even worse, I've seen it as low as 0.01% even, due to all the spam. I think if you report the spam as spam, Fiverr's system in the background is probably smart enough to understand, even if it shows you your conversion rate like that, and even if not, others get tons of spam too.

Old sellers do get the telegram scam stuff, and on top it, many of us get tons of new sellers asking for jobs and "guidance", or just saying "Hi", so I don't think you don't need to worry about being at a disadvantage due to the spam/conversion rate.

Report the spam and scam, and focus your efforts on the actual customers, worrying won't do any good, in any case, and there's nothing you can do, other than report. :

On 3/12/2022 at 4:03 AM, yeatsoutworn said:

I signed up as a potential purchaser,

What kind of emails, from Fiverr? I think you can customise notifications and such in the settings. You could also file a support ticket (you'll get to the ticket system through the Help/Support button, if you scroll to something like "Still need help? Click here" or such, and suggest/recommend them to add an Unsubscribe button, if there indeed is none. They can pass it on to the relevant staff.

ETA: I just checked my notification mails, and there's an Unsubscribe link in the footer in mine, also in advertising mails from Fiverr (This email was sent to you by Fiverr International Ltd.
You are receiving this email because you signed up for Fiverr. 
If you wish to unsubscribe from all future emails, please click here.)

Maybe you overlooked it, ir they just forgot it in the kind of mails you got, then they'll probably appreciate a ticket making them aware 

Archived