inactive since july 2019 back in january 2022

mohannad101

i opened my account around july 2019, i had the idea that fiverr is a low cost platform . so i got a few buyers contacting me on a custom order and the order that i took was $50 which is too low cause i spent so much time on it and living expenses in canada where i live is not cheap. so this kinda pricing is not for me.

I have a service to offer which is marketing plans. and my qualifications is that i have a business degree from university. I stopped using fiverr since my first customer on july 2019. and now im bak with the same account looking to make money in january 2022. 

I changed my pricing in january 2022 so that my first pacakage is $250 CAD , 2nd package is $500 CAD and third package is $1000 CAD + fiverr takes its fee and charges taxes or something . so the third package for example is like $1315 or something after including fiverrs share.

Nobody is contacting me and its been 2 weeks or so... fiverr is showing that my account is getting some views but no clicks. Anybody with ideas on how i can make money on fiverr? even though ive been inactive for almost 1.5 years. and i only had one customer with no favorable customer feedback.

Im not even sure if customers can see when i was last online or when my account was updated. Im trying to make money on here , let me know your thoughts hopefully.

1 hour ago, mohannad101 said:

Nobody is contacting me and its been 2 weeks or so... fiverr is showing that my account is getting some views but no clicks. Anybody with ideas on how i can make money on fiverr? even though ive been inactive for almost 1.5 years. and i only had one customer with no favorable customer feedback.

You are kind of answering your own question.  You tried Fiverr, didn't like it, came back, not having any success, so casting your net as to a magic bullet.  Well, there isn't one.  This is a platform for independent contractors and small business owners to work their butt off for clients.  If you want to know how to succeed on the platform, Fiverr has many recommended videos and articles, and a conscientious search of the forums will yield a treasure-trove of advice for experts.  

Pretty tough to get a $250 order without a lot of reviews. Impossible with only one one-star review.

My suggestion would be to break down what you can do into smaller bits of work that you can charge less for. You're really going to need to neutralize that negative review before anyone will trust you with a big order. I'm NOT advocating doing more work than is fair for a small amount of money - just think of smaller tasks you can do for people that take a short enough amount of time to charge less for. Hope that makes sense.

As mentioned above, that one-star would be a big deterrent for buyers. Buyers know that it's a risk to buy from a new seller, so they're not going to risk that much money. 

Also, you need to review your profile because there are grammatical mistakes. And consider adding a sample of a marketing package. Fix your profile, add more gigs, and hope for the best. 

9 hours ago, rachelbostwick said:

Pretty tough to get a $250 order without a lot of reviews. Impossible with only one one-star review.

My suggestion would be to break down what you can do into smaller bits of work that you can charge less for. You're really going to need to neutralize that negative review before anyone will trust you with a big order. I'm NOT advocating doing more work than is fair for a small amount of money - just think of smaller tasks you can do for people that take a short enough amount of time to charge less for. Hope that makes sense.

I already implemented your recommendation by removing the top priced package from packages and adding a basic package for a low price like when i started but this time i 'know' it wont take me much time to complete hopefully.

Thanks

Great! Good luck! Next I think you should work on your gig copy text. Right now it's not very compelling. You need good paragraphs and subheadings with bold titles to reel customers in. Take your time and write copy that shows them you know what you're talking about. And reduce the space between your lines - those extra spaces between the lines are looking like you just copy-and-pasted something and then walked away. Spend a lot of time on your copy now and really make it look nice. You have formatting tools to hype it up. Use all of them. Make it a tiny work of art. 

After that, make a couple more gigs. Cast your net wider. You can do things as simple as business naming, or writing slogans. Think wide AND deep.

After that, you might want to think about casting around on social media with a couple of deep discounts to see if you can get someone you're connected to outside of Fiverr to do an order or two with you to earn some positive reviews. Offer to do a marketing plan for a friend or acquaintance for a small fee (you can give them a custom offer through your inbox) and really knock it out of the park to get a good review. You really need to fight for a couple of good reviews before you're going to get any trust. I'm rooting for you. Good luck.

I don't think Fiverr is the kind of website you think it is. Yes, it's a place that SOME people make their full time living on, but that's after years of working on the platform and after a bunch of reviews. You HAVE to decrease your prices and don't expect to make thousands of dollars until the new few years.

18 hours ago, mohannad101 said:

I already implemented your recommendation by removing the top priced package from packages and adding a basic package for a low price like when i started but this time i 'know' it wont take me much time to complete hopefully.

Thanks

and right away my views increased and i have 5 clicks. from 0 to 5 clicks in like a day after 2 weeks with no clicks. but no orders yet. alright no updates from me anymore. I just wanted to show you the results of your recommendation 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 10:00 PM, copywriter_g said:

There are forums here where you can learn marketing tips as a buyer. Find them and ask questions, you may find it really helpful.

However, consider sharing your profile, especially on Quora and LinkedIn. Be strategic and intentional about it. 

Good luck!

Idk that we can share on quora instead we would have to do paid advertising it looks like to get customers from there! just like anyother social media platform hopefully.

Archived