Is it not advisable to send delivery files inside a compressed zip

daniprasetya

Question

Hello everyone, a really new seller here. So recently I've been accused for sending malware in a zip file, when there's only 3 .png files and 1 .pdf file inside. It went through my antivirus scan before I did compression, so I have no idea how it could be potential threat. The buyer only said that he/she could not extract the file. I did double check on my zip file and I don't see any problems. Honestly, I've always sent my delivery inside a zip file because it's just neat and all you need to do is extracting the file. But if this will cause some issues in the future, then I will change the way I'm delivering the final files.

9 answers to this question

Not all mac computers and phones for example support opening zip files 

and I don’t think it’s really necessary to put 3 png files in a zip file. They are quite small already 🤔 

As a buyer it kinda annoys me if sellers sends a zip file. With just png files I can easily check it from my phone and opening a zip file I will have to home, get to my computer and only then open a zip file. So inconvenient especially for just png and pdf files 

24 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

All macs support zipped files by default (archive utility is built in).

Any reason why you're sending a couple of pngs and pdfs inside a zipped folder though? Makes little sense. 

honestly, it's just personal preference since it looks neat as one single file.

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Not all mac computers and phones for example support opening zip files 

and I don’t think it’s really necessary to put 3 png files in a zip file. They are quite small already 🤔 

As a buyer it kinda annoys me if sellers sends a zip file. With just png files I can easily check it from my phone and opening a zip file I will have to home, get to my computer and only then open a zip file. So inconvenient especially for just png and pdf files 

Ah.. yes, you have a point there. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

No, it's not recommended. Because the delivery files that you send to clients will become a portfolio for your gig. 

Like you can see on your gig page where it says in your review section "reviews with delivery images", it will increase your trust level with your buyers.

One more thing, png, pdf will be easy for your buyers to open easily instead of zip files.

28 minutes ago, abuhurairah338 said:

No, it's not recommended. Because the delivery files that you send to clients will become a portfolio for your gig. 

Like you can see on your gig page where it says in your review section "reviews with delivery images", it will increase your trust level with your buyers.

One more thing, png, pdf will be easy for your buyers to open easily instead of zip files.

Very helpful. Thank you for sharing.

3 hours ago, abuhurairah338 said:

I see. Now I remember, so far I only have one portfolio with preview picture. Thanks for sharing.

You need send a png/pdf or other format just if you wanna that the work be visible in your GIG gallery, if you don't wanna just send it in a zip file.

In all deliverys I sent in ZIP format because if I send the original file when the customer download the file there's an erro that convert the original file to .RAR (in other words the download breakes the file) or the problem is based on Windows for Mac.

So the ZIP format can also be used to protect the files integrity and to avoid errors, if some buyer face some problem with ZIP format just send a link in Google Drive.

And there's no right way to that,  if you send all files individually some people will complain, if you send it in one zip file some others people will also complain. 🤨

Archived