Bad review improvement

mshan_pro

Question

I just has started my journey at Fiver and received 2 order. Thank God. But unfortunately 2nd buyer gave me 4.3 rating and because of this my overall rating came on 4.7 from 5.

I have 3 questions:

Is this bad rating?

After how many orders I can get back my 5 star ratings.

If I delete my that gig with low ratings so can I make new with a new start from 0? 

Please help me.

4 answers to this question

Any review under 4.5 is objectively bad, since that's the cut off for level demotion. People will say "oh, a 4 star review is good, blablabla", and while that may be true in the general sense when talking about reviews with no further context, on Fiverr that is simply not the case. It's all about competition and relative value. If you're on a platform where 100 people actually sell (the ones that don't sell are irrelevant), and those 100 people all have 5 star averages... 4.9 would be bad. Because it's worse than the competition, which is all that matters.

Fiverr's reviews are extremely inflated. You would expect an honest, trustworthy review system to follow a standard distribution, and the average to be around 3 in a 1-5 scale. That's not the case at all on Fiverr, they are very skewed towards the top end. And this is reflected in the metrics for the levels. If 4 was considered "good", Fiverr would not demote people with an average review score of 4. Yet they do. So there's really no discussion, Fiverr itself, through their actions, is clearly saying that people who only get 4 star reviews are bad - or, at the very least, not good enough.

As for your other questions...

1 - That's a simple math problem

2 -  Deleting a gig will obviously not delete the reviews it has.

3 hours ago, visualstudios said:

Any review under 4.5 is objectively bad, since that's the cut off for level demotion. People will say "oh, a 4 star review is good, blablabla", and while that may be true in the general sense when talking about reviews with no further context, on Fiverr that is simply not the case. It's all about competition and relative value. If you're on a platform where 100 people actually sell (the ones that don't sell are irrelevant), and those 100 people all have 5 star averages... 4.9 would be bad. Because it's worse than the competition, which is all that matters.

Fiverr's reviews are extremely inflated. You would expect an honest, trustworthy review system to follow a standard distribution, and the average to be around 3 in a 1-5 scale. That's not the case at all on Fiverr, they are very skewed towards the top end. And this is reflected in the metrics for the levels. If 4 was considered "good", Fiverr would not demote people with an average review score of 4. Yet they do. So there's really no discussion, Fiverr itself, through their actions, is clearly saying that people who only get 4 star reviews are bad - or, at the very least, not good enough.

As for your other questions...

1 - That's a simple math problem

2 -  Deleting a gig will obviously not delete the reviews it has.

that is right

18 hours ago, mshan_pro said:

I just has started my journey at Fiver and received 

I have 3 questions:

Is this bad rating?

After how many orders I can get back my 5 star ratings.

If I delete my that gig with low ratings so can I make new with a new start from 0? 

Please help me.

1. Yes this is bad rating

2. when you'll get 99% order rating 5 

3. Profile rating not 0 but gig rating 0

Archived