Can I Buyer Change Review and Rating

weformat

Hey Experts,

This is the first time I have come across a situation where a buyer had given me 1-star rating BUT later they reached out to me saying that "i was in Airplane and could not read your all message due to down internet so rated you negative without seeing my notes properly." Then they re-read my message and asked me to do the needful as suggested by me to them in final delivery and in return they will remove the negative feedback and improve the rating?

Has anyone of you faced this issue before?

Thanks

Deepak

weformat 

Ratings are final. There are some rare situations when Fiverr customer support might delete that, but it's due to a buyer manipulating the Fiverr system for example. 

Let me share a personal story, I had a buyer who ended up sharing a 3.3 star review, then 1 hour later decided to have it changed. He went to customer support, they deleted the review, but I received an account warning. And I never said anything to him about changing the review, I didn't even mention the review, I just asked if he needs anything modified. 

So, I would recommend to take this as a learning experience and move on. As you might end up with situations way worse than a bad review.

On 12/31/2021 at 3:47 AM, creative_howl said:

Ask the buyer to contact Customer Support. They'll definitely take a look at this.

Yeah, buyer has asked me that he will change the review if I work regardless of his "quickness to leave the review without reading all my messages"

On 12/31/2021 at 3:55 AM, bethwilliam said:

Ratings are final if a buyer contact Fiverr support with the hope of changing a review that would definitely affect your account

What type of effect it can have on my account

On 12/31/2021 at 10:23 AM, weformat said:

Hey Experts,

This is the first time I have come across a situation where a buyer had given me 1-star rating BUT later they reached out to me saying that "i was in Airplane and could not read your all message due to down internet so rated you negative without seeing my notes properly." Then they re-read my message and asked me to do the needful as suggested by me to them in final delivery and in return they will remove the negative feedback and improve the rating?

Has anyone of you faced this issue before?

Thanks

Deepak

weformat 

Sorry to hear the incidence. One review/rating is done no one can change it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 11:53 AM, techtrendz0007 said:

Sorry to hear the incidence. One review/rating is done no one can change it.

Sorry but the buyer itself got the review changed. 

On 12/31/2021 at 3:43 AM, shadin8860 said:

No brother you can't. rating is fixed.

I got it changed but my buyer approached the support even when I did not ask him to do that

On 12/31/2021 at 10:47 AM, creative_howl said:

Ask the buyer to contact Customer Support. They'll definitely take a look at this.

I had a buyer do that without even asking me first and I got a warning.

If buyers request any change to the reviews, the seller will most likely receive an account warning. So, just move on.

15 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I had a buyer do that without even asking me first and I got a warning.

If buyers request any change to the reviews, the seller will most likely receive an account warning. So, just move on.

Well in my experience the response you get from CS depends on the agent you get connected to. If you get connected to one that doesn't have simple common sense, you're screwed. 

However, let say a buyer made a mistake with a review thinking that they didn't receive a particular file that they were expecting and to later realize that the file is there all along, it makes perfect sense to amend the review. Which is not so different to the case of the OP.

4 minutes ago, creative_howl said:

However, let say a buyer made a mistake with a review thinking that they didn't receive a particular file that they were expecting and to later realize that the file is there all along, it makes perfect sense to amend the review. Which is not so different to the case of the OP.

Not really. If he sends the buyer to customer support so they change that review.. it means he manipulated the buyer and he receives a warning for sure. 

As I said, I didn't even talk with the buyer in question and he went to customer support because he felt bad. And I received a warning out of nowhere. It's better to just move on from these things. But if he wants to risk a warning, it's his account 🙂

5 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Not really. If he sends the buyer to customer support so they change that review.. it means he manipulated the buyer and he receives a warning for sure. 

As I said, I didn't even talk with the buyer in question and he went to customer support because he felt bad. And I received a warning out of nowhere. It's better to just move on from these things. But if he wants to risk a warning, it's his account 🙂

I have a similar experience with CS where they refused to reset my order cancellation rate due to a cancellation I had to do in the middle of the night because the buyer placed an order on the wrong gig. On my first correspondence they refused to reset it saying "the system" won't allow them to do so. Only to receive a response from a 2nd person who did it with no problems.

So it may depend on who you get connected to.

2 minutes ago, creative_howl said:

So it may depend on who you get connected to.

Well the cancellation rate is one thing. 

Asking to change a review is against the rules. And that leads to an automatic warning. So I wouldn't risk it. But as I said, it's their account. I got burned with that kind of stuff even if I didn't even say anything to the buyer that I want him to change the review. He went behind my back and I got a warning so... I can only assume him sending the buyer to change the review will bring an automatic warning. Again, we are talking about different situations here. What he is asking is against the rules to begin with. Your stuff was way simpler.

4 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Well the cancellation rate is one thing. 

Asking to change a review is against the rules. And that leads to an automatic warning. So I wouldn't risk it. But as I said, it's their account. I got burned with that kind of stuff even if I didn't even say anything to the buyer that I want him to change the review. He went behind my back and I got a warning so... I can only assume him sending the buyer to change the review will bring an automatic warning. Again, we are talking about different situations here. What he is asking is against the rules to begin with. Your stuff was way simpler.

Understood. But you can't expect a warning just because someone made a mistake. People make mistakes all the time (so does CS).
I have seen many stories of buyers contacting CS to amend accidental bad reviews (not sure of the legitimacy of those stories since I've not seen any proof).

In the case of the OP the buyer is clearly admitting that his negative review was a mistake because he didn't receive the messages left by the seller due to poor internet connection (on the buyer's side). 

Let's assume that the buyer initially left a 5 star review to later discover the seller had copy pasted something off the internet and made the final delivery. If the buyer requests to amend their review, would that be considered as manipulation of ratings? 

In any case, the seller should at least be able to contact support and get it removed since the review does not accurately represent the actual order experience.

19 minutes ago, creative_howl said:

I have seen many stories of buyers contacting CS to amend accidental bad reviews (not sure of the legitimacy of those stories since I've not seen any proof).

Well I can tell you I received a warning. It takes 3 months for the warning to go away, if you have 1 or 2 more warnings you usually get banned. 

20 minutes ago, creative_howl said:

Let's assume that the buyer initially left a 5 star review to later discover the seller had copy pasted something off the internet and made the final delivery. If the buyer requests to amend their review, would that be considered as manipulation of ratings? 

Generally when that happens you go and cancel the order, and customer support agrees. This also happened to me in November. I had customer support randomly reaching me that an order was canceled because the buyer realized 6 MONTHS AFTER DELIVERY (and after he published my work) that my content is garbage. Customer support had no choice but to cancel the order, because that's what the buyer wanted. They refunded him, but also protected me, so I got paid. But the cancellation remained, so it is what it is. I did nothing wrong, the content was according to his request, but he never came back to me. And he was online multiple times during the 6 month period, I saw he had reviews from logo sellers, designers, etc. So yes, buyers will most likely cancel if there are any issues like copy pasting and stuff. Again, it happened to me. Even if I feel it was unfair for him to do so (and Fiverr did too, because they offered me the money back for the order), they had to cancel because the buyer wanted.

23 minutes ago, creative_howl said:

In any case, the seller should at least be able to contact support and get it removed since the review does not accurately represent the actual order experience.

1.thumb.jpg.dc36683dfae83f28e0cb97bd413b117a.jpg

So they won't remove/change, it's against the TOS. As I said 3 times now, the seller can do what they want. It's better to just learn from it and move on. 

1 hour ago, creative_howl said:

have seen many stories of buyers contacting CS to amend accidental bad reviews

And that’s the difference. If buyer himself without talking to seller reaches out to CS to amend a review they might do it. (But you can see that @donnovan86 got a warning in that case anyway). But if OP will tell his buyer to reach out to CS then it will be a very clear violation of manipulating buyer to change a review. Is it a perfect system? It is not. But that’s how it works for now. 

9 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

If buyer himself without talking to seller reaches out to CS to amend a review they might do it.

Exactly. They might change it. But the seller might receive a warning anyway. And then there's also the fact that it seems new rules are coming for cancellations. A seller plus email specified that from now on, customer support won't cancel the order unless the buyer agrees to it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 3:38 PM, donnovan86 said:

Exactly. They might change it. But the seller might receive a warning anyway. And then there's also the fact that it seems new rules are coming for cancellations. A seller plus email specified that from now on, customer support won't cancel the order unless the buyer agrees to it.

Yes, I have seen this as well and hope this is going to work because many times customer support cancels the order even without discussing with the seller. BUT, I have learnt that in 99.9% cases, if the buyer ask for refund you have to 

Rating is final and can not be changed, and don't ever assist the buyer in this matter. Even if buyer asks you how they can change the rating, don't assist them in any way. You can just say that what done is done and you don't know if changing rating is possible. If you direct them to customer support or anything, you may receive a warning. Be careful in this matter.

Archived