Should I refund the client?

sumiregoto

Should I refund the client?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Client wants me to initiate a refund for them because are unsatisfied and have unrealistic expectations

• Refund client to avoid a bad review and take a hit on my stats
    • Stand my ground as I know the work I delivered was high quality

Question

I am working with a client who gave a specific brief that I worked really hard to make sure I hit the mark. I am confident that my work is of high quality however the client is saying they are underwhelmed and being very rude about it. I think he is trying to intimidate me but I know that I produced stellar work for him. 

They also want me to initiate the refund from my end... not sure why? 

How do you handle clients that are unreasonable and don't ask for a revision just straight up wants a refund?

Any help will be greatly appreciated ♥️

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, sumiregoto said:

I think he is trying to intimidate me but I know that I produced stellar work for him. 

Refuse to cancel. I agree with @jonbaas, you worked hard for the 💰, you should keep it.

They also want me to initiate the refund from my end... not sure why?

Because perhaps this is a tactic they use often and if they are continually asking to cancel orders it will be a red flag for CS.

How do you handle clients that are unreasonable and don't ask for a revision just straight up wants a refund?

I tell them I will gladly revise what I did if they will kindly let me know what needs to be done. Be over polite/professional as if things go wrong CS will look at your interaction to make a decision about what happens. CS will tell the buyer they can not force you to cancel IF you provided what you offer in your gig description. The buyer may have even been told this already and that is why they want YOU to cancel.

Good luck! 🍀 

If you have never had a buyer attempt to cancel an order then you can expect a tennis match of a sort. They request a cancellation and you refuse it and on and on it goes until one of you gives up.

I have had two cases of where Fiverr has let the person cancel, yet because I fulfilled my end of the order they have reimbursed me the price of the gig. So, Fiverr does have your back. 😉

Even if you get a bad review, you can defend yourself by speaking to the buyer's behavior in a professional manner of course. Then other buyers will read that and know you are not one to be taken advantage of. Plus, it seems when you cancel that buyer tells their friends you will do so and then their friends will order from you and give you the same treatment! 😱

On 11/3/2021 at 11:27 AM, vickiespencer said:

Even if you get a bad review, you can defend yourself by speaking to the buyer's behavior in a professional manner of course. Then other buyers will read that and know you are not one to be taken advantage of. Plus, it seems when you cancel that buyer tells their friends you will do so and then their friends will order from you and give you the same treatment! 😱

I did it! I was over polite and address all of his concerns and offered revisions and to work with them until they were completely satisfied. The order has now been marked as complete. Thanks for your advise and you are 100% right, if I don't back myself then it could happen again from a friend of theirs.

On 11/3/2021 at 10:31 AM, jonbaas said:

Why would you refund a client after you worked hard to create the project you were hired to complete? You earned it, you should keep it. 

Offer to adjust the work, if you think that fits within the terms of the order, but don't let him bully you into a refund.

I just always want my clients to be happy but there's always going to be people who are impossible to please. It was definitely a great lesson for me and I am learning to take it as less of a personal attack.

Thanks for the support everyone ❤️

Archived