Sellers: Your Most Heartwarming Experience?

khalifacyrusuk

Sellers! Here's one to cheer us all up. 

What was your most heartwarming experience as a seller - a time where a client or fellow seller really made you smile.

I'll kick us off: 

A customer came to me on a restricted budget as his house had just burned down. He wanted a video to promote his new track, which was inspired by this horrific event. As any self-respecting seller would do, I made him a little video free of charge and his reaction was priceless! He was incredibly grateful and shared some really kind words. Side note: his song did really well and he came back for further paid projects as a result of his success!

Now tell me about yours!

I really like this thread idea, there's never enough cheer to go around so I'll put my two cents in 😇

I write poetry which means that a lot of my orders contain very personal details of the buyers, and to be honest more often than not it gives me a smile just reading it! Many people request love poems and it always warms my heart to read why they love the person they want it to be about. Hearing someone talk about someone they're in love with is so precious. Or for example people who want to get out of the friendzone and want to make clear how special someone is to them; I can often just feel the nervousness through the screen! Isn't it the cutest thing to hear afterwards how the poem was a success and they're going on a date? 🥰

However, some people also request a poem for a funeral for example. Although at first this doesn't seem like a smiling experience, you get a glimpse of how this person was. A lot of times it includes funny anecdotes for example and people often mention they want to honor their life and although it's sad, celebrate them. I've had plenty of moments where I was reading the details they gave and I was smiling through my tears.

Another example of something sad yet heartwarming that happened recently is a father requested a poem for his 6 year old son to read in one of his videos (he is all about YouTube and recently was starting to make his own videos). The subject was however not cheerful per se, because it was about raising awareness for breast cancer since his grandma had this. The reason why it's still heartwarming to me is the fact this little boy who is forced to experience something so difficult in life, tries to take this experience and do something with it. 

I guess the kind of field I'm in is an overall heartwarming experience (not really including poems to include with products). People are often so grateful for what I wrote and in turn, this makes me happy as well that I could help put their thoughts into words. Doing my 'work' here on Fiverr really and genuinely brings cheer to my soul and also how people respond to it restores my faith in humankind really!

8 hours ago, sabinespoems said:

I really like this thread idea, there's never enough cheer to go around so I'll put my two cents in 😇

I write poetry which means that a lot of my orders contain very personal details of the buyers, and to be honest more often than not it gives me a smile just reading it! Many people request love poems and it always warms my heart to read why they love the person they want it to be about. Hearing someone talk about someone they're in love with is so precious. Or for example people who want to get out of the friendzone and want to make clear how special someone is to them; I can often just feel the nervousness through the screen! Isn't it the cutest thing to hear afterwards how the poem was a success and they're going on a date? 🥰

However, some people also request a poem for a funeral for example. Although at first this doesn't seem like a smiling experience, you get a glimpse of how this person was. A lot of times it includes funny anecdotes for example and people often mention they want to honor their life and although it's sad, celebrate them. I've had plenty of moments where I was reading the details they gave and I was smiling through my tears.

Another example of something sad yet heartwarming that happened recently is a father requested a poem for his 6 year old son to read in one of his videos (he is all about YouTube and recently was starting to make his own videos). The subject was however not cheerful per se, because it was about raising awareness for breast cancer since his grandma had this. The reason why it's still heartwarming to me is the fact this little boy who is forced to experience something so difficult in life, tries to take this experience and do something with it. 

I guess the kind of field I'm in is an overall heartwarming experience (not really including poems to include with products). People are often so grateful for what I wrote and in turn, this makes me happy as well that I could help put their thoughts into words. Doing my 'work' here on Fiverr really and genuinely brings cheer to my soul and also how people respond to it restores my faith in humankind really!

This is so amazing - thanks for sharing this. Super powerful.

There is this one story I shared here at the forum several years ago which I think was the best experience (it made me cry) but that one is a bit long so I'll post another story. 

A while ago this buyer contacted me, and he asked me draw a picture of his daughter. Sure, no problem. He sent me a photo of his little girl, and she was an
adorable girl, but I saw that she was missing part of her arm. 
The father told me that the everyone calls that arm "her special wing." 
He told me that pink was her favorite color, so I drew her in a pink dress, added some pink sandals, and I think I also drew pink ribbons and flowers in her hair etc.
Basically she was all pink from head to toe.

And the girl loved it. The father/buyer thanked me and said that seeing his little girl looking so happy made him cry. 
That was pretty darn sweet. 

I create animated music videos. I once had a client who told me that their front singer recently died and the song I was currently working on was actually the last one they did together. The video had the concept of all their animated characters going on a big tour for one last time. In the end his (the deceased frong singer) character walks alone on a red carpet into the backstage of the concert hall - just into white light and then the door closes behind him. His band members all waving a goodbye. I really did a lot of good and interesting videos, but I keep that in mind as a very unique and special project.

Archived