I improved my Voiceover Gig with better graphics and a better Corporate demo. The result is I've disappeared from the listings!

ukbritishvoice

I am wondering if anyone has a helpful comment because I am really puzzled and disappointed.

I have 19 5-star reviews for this Voiceover Gig:
https://www.fiverr.com/ukbritishvoice/deliver-a-british-male-explainer-voiceover-within-24-hours?ref_ctx_id=421bafdad43405ba0153b7faeec8a6e0

What you see (and hear) there is a new, much improved version of an older version of this Voice Gig.

I put a lot of time into creating this new version of my Corporate, video narration voice reel, with a MUCH better voice reel & better graphics, and it was accepted by Fiverr. 

The result has been a catastrophic drop in my ranking in the categories I used to appear in eg Voiceover/Male/Video Narration/ English-British accent. 

I used to appear high up because of the 19 5-star revews so far, and the great feedback from Buyers. Now I simply can no longer find myself ANYWHERE in the listings. I just looked through all 2000 males in the above combined categories - I was not there! 

It's incredibly disappointing and I simply don't understand why this is happening.

I have talked to staff members through the Help section, and I basically received generic advice about the need to do a good job (but I have 19 5-star reviews) and that Fiverr doesn't owe me a ranking (that misses the point, I had a high ranking, greatly improved my Gig and have disappeared). 

Is it just a matter of waiting and I will reappear? Has anyone else been in this position and how did things improve? . 

Thank you so much for any helpful comments...

UKBritishVoice

8 hours ago, ukbritishvoice said:

Is it just a matter of waiting and I will reappear? Has anyone else been in this position and how did things improve? . 

Most likely it is. 
sometimes if you add big changes to your gig it is taken from search results while it is waiting for approval and it takes some time to recover.

Did you check if your gig is active through “self check” tool in the help section? 

Thanks mariashtelle1. 

I hope you are right. 

By self-check tool do you mean here?:
https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new/gig?level1=not_searchable

In which case, yes, my Corporate voiceover Gig is 'Active'. But my point is that 'Active' is very different from 'Findable'. If I am not 'Findable in the listings, then it's not possible to continue to make sales....

UKBritishVoice

• 3 months later...

Hey there @ukbritishvoice! I'm curious how this has developed?

I am keeping a keyword tracker and rank performance spreadsheet and have noticed every now and again I completely disappear for keywords that I had ranked highly for that morning or the previous day. Thankfully, when I check later in the day the ranking has returned. It's possible it's just the algorithm doing its thing or the gig is in some sort of review hold. 

Archived