Miserable Buyer request!

mahtab_185

To be fair, It only takes one order to get your business moving on Fiverr. You complete an order, you get a review and now Fiverr has an incentive to send you some traffic and rank you above all the pople with zero reviews. Sure it's going to be a lot of work and you're not going to make any profit but if you don't currently have any orders at all, it might be enough to get you kickstarted on the platform.

16 hours ago, andywarburton said:

To be fair, It only takes one order to get your business moving on Fiverr. You complete an order, you get a review and now Fiverr has an incentive to send you some traffic and rank you above all the pople with zero reviews. Sure it's going to be a lot of work and you're not going to make any profit but if you don't currently have any orders at all, it might be enough to get you kickstarted on the platform.

Yes. So do a simple task for $5. Don't write 10k words for $20, that's absurd. The client can cancel. The client can leave a bad review anyway. Someone looking for 10k words for $20 is not serious and nobody should take that deal, as that person cannot be trusted to even pay or leave a good review.

If the client is offering a price that is ridiculously low, they are a garbage client. They will be a nightmare. You should not accept to work with them even if they increased the offer to a million dollars, because they have already proven themselves to be scummy by leading with a garbage offer.

There's another person looking for 50-60k words for less than $100, and I'm pretty sure people have responded to them (several, too!)

The reason why this is not okay is because people don't realise how much writing actually takes out of a writer. I can - technically - write 6000 words in 2-4 hours (if I'm hyperfocused and have absolutely nothing else going on...) but if I did that every single day, I'd burn out within weeks. Others might be different (I won't say I'm not lazy or strange!) but even then, just the time it takes you makes all this 'not okay'! 

These people who work you for peanuts are often the trickiest clients because they think they are 'helping you' (because you haven't had many orders yet or even just because you are from x country.) This sort of entitlement is what makes me sick the most. 

On 10/9/2021 at 12:15 AM, andywarburton said:

Sure it's going to be a lot of work and you're not going to make any profit but if you don't currently have any orders at all, it might be enough to get you kickstarted on the platform.

I fear this kind of buyer is going to affect badly the Fiverr journey of many prospective new sellers by just giving a bad review or canceling it. This type of offer is clearly a manipulating one, market place should not be like this.

On 10/9/2021 at 4:37 PM, visualstudios said:

If the client is offering a price that is ridiculously low, they are a garbage client. They will be a nightmare. You should not accept to work with them even if they increased the offer to a million dollars, because they have already proven themselves to be scummy by leading with a garbage offer.

Thanks for speaking my heart out. When I saw this buyer request, almost the same thought crossed my mind.

On 10/9/2021 at 4:45 PM, katakatica said:

The reason why this is not okay is because people don't realise how much writing actually takes out of a writer. I can - technically - write 6000 words in 2-4 hours (if I'm hyperfocused and have absolutely nothing else going on...) but if I did that every single day, I'd burn out within weeks. Others might be different (I won't say I'm not lazy or strange!) but even then, just the time it takes you makes all this 'not okay'! 

I can relate to this part. Writing something from scratch is a difficult task (& enjoyable also). I'm not an expert like you (writing 6000 words in 2-4 hours is amazing!). So, I need to put a lot of effort to complete every single task. If I'm not satisfied with my task, I keep changing it. Besides, I need to perform daily works (as I do write out of my hobby, it's not my full-time job). So yes, this type of offer is 'Not Okay' with the number of efforts we have to put into this. 

On 10/9/2021 at 4:12 PM, anisocialmarket said:

never settle for less! 

Definitely! We sellers should understand the gravity of the service we provide.

Archived