If you receive a negative review from a buyer, what happens if you don't review back?

zeromalarki

For some reason I can't seem to log into my normal seller's account here on Fiverr.  I am wondering, what happens if you receive a review from a buyer and don't review them back?  Does the negative review show?  I had some difficulties with a buyer but I would rather not get into a tit for tat review argument scenario and just let bygones be bygones, but in doing so, I don't want the review he gave me to show up on my profile.  I don't know if it is good, bad or middling, but I would rather not take chances.

Even if you don't review your buyer back, their review will still eventually show up on your profile.

From the Help Center:

Once an order is marked as complete, a buyer will have 10 days to leave their review.

Once both seller and buyer have completed their reviews, or the 10 days have passed, all posted reviews are made public. 

10 minutes ago, zeromalarki said:

I don't know if it is good, bad or middling, but I would rather not take chances.

EVERY customer review will appear on your profile. If you don't reply to the review right away, it will automatically appear in 10 days. So you can't avoid it. 

The worse thing is, if that review is very long, it has a chance of being featured within the 5 reviews people see on your profile for 2-3 months. 

You can't do anything on that; if the buyer leaves you a review, it'll appear in your profile. So try to give the buyer the best service then they will share their good experience and recommend you. So don't try to mess with the buyer; treat them well. If you spread good things, you'll get good things back. Good luck!

5 hours ago, zeromalarki said:

tit for tat review argument

As a "professional" you should avoid arguing with clients when replying to a review. If you done your job, use the review to highlight everything you did to complete the order in a satisfactory manner. If you suck at your job, that's another scenario all together...

3 hours ago, j6nyc6 said:

As a "professional" you should avoid arguing with clients when replying to a review. If you done your job, use the review to highlight everything you did to complete the order in a satisfactory manner. If you suck at your job, that's another scenario all together...

I agree. Otherwise it just shows you are hard to work with, you argue with clients, and no buyer wants to work with such a person. I wouldn't.

Guest kamrun_nahar67
16 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

EVERY customer review will appear on your profile. If you don't reply to the review right away, it will automatically appear in 10 days. So you can't avoid it. 

The worse thing is, if that review is very long, it has a chance of being featured within the 5 reviews people see on your profile for 2-3 months. 

thanks

40 minutes ago, mrashrafomi said:

but every must should to give good review for buyer , because buyer came back to you for your behave and review 

So you encourage people to manipulate the review system? Why not be honest? I had people that manipulated the order system, tried to cancel.. why would I offer them a positive review when they behaved improperly and they were not professional at all? These reviews are all about being honest. Not trying to lie only to manipulate the customer into ordering again.

Archived