How to fill W9 form if you are working abroad as a duel-citizen

kimbra12

Hello everyone,

Thanks for visiting my content. 

I'm planning on to offer my service here on Fiverr and had never done any paperwork (tax-related) before as a freelancer.

I have a duel-citizenship (Korean and the US) and living in Korea.

While I was creating my gig, Fiverr didn't direct me to the W9 form which I was confused, although I claimed myself as a US citizen.

Although to my knowledge, I'm assuming every US person needs to file the W9 form.

Question:

On the address section, do I need to fill out my current address in South Korea or my PO Box in the US? (I've set up PO box just in case to receive mails) 

Does a freelancer needs to report his/her income every quarter to the IRS?

If I make a mistake on W9 form, will I get any penalties?(I'm scared of IRS lol)

Please let me know as I am seeking guidance from wonderful people here:)

Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, kimbra12 said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks for visiting my content. 

I'm planning on to offer my service here on Fiverr and had never done any paperwork (tax-related) before as a freelancer.

I have a duel-citizenship (Korean and the US) and living in Korea.

While I was creating my gig, Fiverr didn't direct me to the W9 form which I was confused, although I claimed myself as a US citizen.

Although to my knowledge, I'm assuming every US person needs to file the W9 form.

Question:

On the address section, do I need to fill out my current address in South Korea or my PO Box in the US? (I've set up PO box just in case to receive mails) 

Does a freelancer needs to report his/her income every quarter to the IRS?

If I make a mistake on W9 form, will I get any penalties?(I'm scared of IRS lol)

Please let me know as I am seeking guidance from wonderful people here:)

Thank you. 

I would seriously consider requesting advice from a professional tax advisor on this one, and to take any other advice from the forums with a truckload of salt. 

Mistakes can be very expensive. 

Archived