Shady customer

katjheik

Question

Hi!

I am new here on Fiverr. I am a freelance translator and got a new gig. The customer asks transcribing Finnish audio to Finnish text for a Finnish Data entry project (I am a native speaker so that should be easy) It is a long term gig. Many details were missing and the customer kept saying ¨once you start you will know everything ¨.

This is the information I got.

I get paid every 20 days. 23 dollars for one hour audio. I can work my time and the idea would be 20 minutes a day. 

I asked the customer to sent me a link to the website of the company. He didn't. Also he didn't have a profile picture, and didn't tell me any information about himself. I think he is from India. 

Is the rule in here first to get paid and then do the job? 

Something just seems off. Do you have any advice?

4 answers to this question

Hello.

2 hours ago, katjheik said:

No, actually, it is not. The rule is to get paid after you complete an order. Please take a look at the article https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010530058-Getting-Paid?segment=seller

Whenever in doubt, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support. They will be more than happy to help you with any concern you might have. You can send them an email to support@fiverr.com.

Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, katjheik said:

The rule is that the buyer places the order first (and pays for it), and you start working only after the order was placed.

Once you deliver the work and the buyer marks the order as complete, you have to wait for 14 days to be able to withdraw the funds.

1 hour ago, Lena said:

The rule is to get paid after you complete an order.

@Lena I think your wording might be a bit confusing especially for new sellers. Yes we get paid after order completion. However it’s worth specifying that client need to place an order first and that all work need to be done with having order in place on the order page. Client pays upfront and funds are released to seller after the order marked completed 

Archived