Why fiverr charge 7€ on a 5 USD tip?

baggetto

First order completed on fiverr was for a friend of mine, who decided to give me a 5 USD tip, but fiverr charged him 7€  (equivalent of 8 USD).

The problem is that of those 8 USD i gained 4 USD, like if my friend had paid 5 USD instead of 8.

So i want to understand what happened, why fiverr apparently took half of this donation, i know fiverr takes 20%  of the tips but 8 minus 20% is not 4.

Thanks!

As of March 2021, the service fees are 5.5% of the purchase amount. For purchases under $50, an additional $2 small order fee will be applied.

Ya so $2 was applied since it was under $50.. I recently paid a tip of $10.. but I ended up paying $12.55 in total.. that's 5.5% on $10 which is $0.55 + $2 since tip value is under $50.. so $2.55 service fee.. but when they paid the seller, it's still $10 minus 20%.. it's not $12.55 minus 20%...

Just now, baggetto said:

But why there is this fee if fiverr already takes a 20%?

Right? I too was upset.. customer service informed me that's because "it creates another transaction" and they need the service fee to cover "administrative fees".. talking to a supervisor too didn't help.. so guess that's how it is.. service fee from the buyer and minus 20% from the seller.. 😐

Archived