Contacting Buyers Can Get You Blocked

johnalet

Hi everyone, I had an experience I never imagined yesterday. A buyer posted in the BR for a particular service that I offer. He asked that we submit offers which I did but then I tried to contact him directly, but this is where I got it wrong.

While sending in my proposal, my phone's autocorrect feature changed 'human services to Hangouts services' without proofreading all that I had typed, I sent in the proposal.

This doesn't meet him well and buyer had to spam my message. Some hours later I got a warning from Fiverr, briefing me about their ToS and how I can lose my account if such should happen again. Below are just two terms sellers need to abide with to avoid being blocked on Fiverr for violating BR terms.

1. It is a violation of Fiverr's ToS to message Buyers directly. Always and only use the BR to bid for job.

2. Do not share any personal details or mention any other communication platform outside Fiverr while communicating with clients (example Hangouts that was a mistakenly typed). You can get your account warned, suspended or blocked if Buyers spam your message.

These are what should be avoided, you can add to these if you've had similar experience.

Keep bidding for jobs through BR, ensure you use up your offers daily, optimize your gig, put in a compelling proposal and certainly, buyers will contact you. 

Thank you

You can contact support and explain the issue to lift up your warning! As when you get a warning, it will be in your history and you can receive maximum 2 warnings in fiverr life. And when you get 3rd warning! it means you will be banned mostly.

Also when you get warning for same violation 2 times, you will be suspended temporarily as well!

7 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

You can contact support and explain the issue to lift up your warning! As when you get a warning, it will be in your history and you can receive maximum 2 warnings in fiverr life. And when you get 3rd warning! it means you will be banned mostly.

Also when you get warning for same violation 2 times, you will be suspended temporarily as well!

Wow! Thank you for this hint sir. I never envisaged I can get my warning lifted. I will do as you suggested and hope the warning is lifted. Thank you, Thank you

On 8/20/2021 at 7:21 PM, seven_sign said:

As when you get a warning, it will be in your history and you can receive maximum 2 warnings in fiverr life.

Hi @seven_sign, I really appreciate your contribution. I reached out to customer support and was told warnings are cleared up ones history after 90 days without subsequent violation of terms. This is just to update you of the recent development of Fiverr's operating methods.

Thank you

Archived