As a Buyer, why can I not see the submitted Gig Requirements once an order begins?

roxxylove

Question

Hi there,

I just recently bought a gig from a Fiverr Seller for their video editing services and what I received for review is not exactly what I asked for. 

Upon trying to double check what I put in the Buyer Requirements, I realized that I can no longer see or access what's in that section to verify that I indeed asked for something else.

To be more specific, I gave (or I thought I gave) a link to a specific blog post to be turned into a video. What I got was a video from a different random blog page. 

How can I check to make sure I sent the right link in requirements?

I posted a screenshot of what I see. 

image.png.bcd1ed6869bdb805445f0aa244cb3688.png

5 answers to this question

I’m not sure how to view the requirements as a buyer (it’s been a while since I purchased), but from now on, once you submit the requirements, you could confirm with the seller to make sure you submitted the right thing!

Edit: I agree with @uk1000. I noticed, just now, that it said that the seller said that you provided the requirements already so the seller probably just skipped the requirements.

If the seller sent you a custom offer and you accepted that offer and it turned into an order, that's a possible reason for it it.

With a custom offer the seller has the option in the offer to say "no" to "request for requirements" so they might have done that, or if they enabled that but when you ordered (and it could have been while you were entering the requirements) the seller clicked "I have everything I need" (or something similar) on the order page (while the order status was "incomplete"), the order could start without the requirements section having been filled in (eg. that's for if the seller has already been told all the requirements eg. through the inbox).

edit: See this section. The button could be called "skip requirements": It's probably possible for the seller to skip the requirements (so the buyer doesn't need to enter them if the seller already knows everyting required on any order where it's asked for (not just custom offers I think).

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010108157-What-does-my-order-status-mean

Incomplete

When an order is marked as Incomplete, the buyer is required to submit the requested information for the seller to start the order. However, if the seller has enough information to start working, they can "skip requirements" and move the order along to "In Progress."

• As a buyer, you will see a large orange ribbon indicating a reply to the instructions is required to start the order.
  • As a seller, you will see an option to send a reminder to the buyer, to notify them to reply to the instructions, or, you can click on the option "skip requirements."

For your order though you could look at what (if anything) you said in the inbox messages before the order was made re:requirements or other request you made (eg. if it was a buyer request).

4 hours ago, uk1000 said:

With a custom offer the seller has the option in the offer to say "no" to "request for requirements" so they might have done that, or if they enabled that but when you ordered (and it could have been while you were entering the requirements) the seller clicked "I have everything I need" (or something similar) on the order page (while the order status was "incomplete"), the order could start without the requirements section having been filled in (eg. that's for if the seller has already been told all the requirements eg. through the inbox).

edit: See this section. The button could be called "skip requirements": It's probably possible for the seller to skip the requirements (so the buyer doesn't need to enter them if the seller already knows everyting required on any order where it's asked for (not just custom offers I think).

It's possible that they selected "I have everything I need" as I was filling out the requirements. That would be unfortunate as I did fill them out and didn't get exactly what I was wanting. I don't want to deal with a back and forth nightmare though so I ended up just asking for a minor change and approving the work since I can still technically use it. I know what it's like waiting on Fiverr CSR assistance so I'd rather just avoid all that and work with someone else next time.

I might make a suggestion to allow buyers to see the requirements they submitted though as I don't see a reason to ever hide it...

43 minutes ago, roxxylove said:

might make a suggestion to allow buyers to see the requirements they submitted though as I don't see a reason to ever hide it...

I do think that buyers can see the requirements 🤔 

I was buying a couple of time on fiverr and I always could see my requirements. (The system is changing of course, but I don’t think they removed that).

as @uk1000 guessed it is probably your seller that pressed a button to skip the requirements and that’s why you can’t see anything in that section 

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I do think that buyers can see the requirements 🤔 

I was buying a couple of time on fiverr and I always could see my requirements. (The system is changing of course, but I don’t think they removed that).

as @uk1000 guessed it is probably your seller that pressed a button to skip the requirements and that’s why you can’t see anything in that section 

Ahh okay, glad to know it's not a normal thing. Thank you all!

Archived