lubnashafqat

Question

I have been working on fiverr for a year now. I went to get my account opened to a nearby bank and they asked for a valid source of income. When I showed the fiverr revenue page, the official said that this would not work and that I would need to show a contract. This is entirely new to me as we work for several clients and can't ask for an employment letter. Is there anyone from Pakistan who can guide me how to prove my source of income when working on fiverr?

• Like 10
  • Up 2

9 answers to this question

You will need to check your country’s legislation however for banks you need to have a business or be registered as a freelancer and pay taxes to show legitimate income. 
just fiverr page will not work as that is not a legitimate paper. You register yourself as a sole trader or a limited company, then you submit your taxes and your income, and from there you can generate a paper of your earnings. 

• Like 10
  • Up 2

10 hours ago, leannelrivers said:

You can try the export to CSV on your earnings page too. This will give you a revenue report. I don't know if that will be enough but you can try. Do you not have a bank account already where you send your earnings too? Bank statements should be enough. 

Hi, thank you for the kind response. I'm not a full-time freelancer and my other account is a salary one so can't use that one for international remittances. I'll try the hack suggested by you though. Thanks. 🙂 

Edited by lubnashafqat
  • Like 10
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

You will need to check your country’s legislation however for banks you need to have a business or be registered as a freelancer and pay taxes to show legitimate income. 
just fiverr page will not work as that is not a legitimate paper. You register yourself as a sole trader or a limited company, then you submit your taxes and your income, and from there you can generate a paper of your earnings. 

Hello! The same has been conveyed to me by the bank officials but there are tons of freelancers like me who have it as a side-hustle. They have been successful in showing the proof somehow and I am looking for that legitimate way. Hopefully, I'd find it out soon. Thank you for your input. 🙂

• Like 8
  • Up 2

Hey there! I totally understand your predicament. It sounds like the bank official is looking for a more traditional form of proof of income, like a contract or employment letter. However, as a freelancer working on Fiverr, that may not be something you have. One solution you could consider is using ThePayStubs to generate pay stubs for your Fiverr earnings. These pay stubs can serve as proof of income and show the bank that you are earning money through Fiverr. Hope this helps!

Edited by kelsiecowan
  • Like 10

Follow these steps to open bank account in Pakistan if you are only a fiverr freelancer

1= Make A business card of your with letterhead

2= make a stamp of your of your username

3= print both and then do stamps on both pages

4= now you have self business 

5= submit it to your bank

enjoy 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, graphics_pro92 said:

Follow these steps to open bank account in Pakistan if you are only a fiverr freelancer

1= Make A business card of your with letterhead

2= make a stamp of your of your username

3= print both and then do stamps on both pages

4= now you have self business 

5= submit it to your bank

enjoy 

Hi there! Thank you for your guidance but I am doing it as a side hustle and thus facing the issue. 

Edited by lubnashafqat
  • Like 11