Trash Seller on Fivver . Coders come and Judge

human4827

So I was looking for someone to write some Arduino and Nextion code .

Decided to search on Fivvr .

Sent out the following message to potential sellers/freelancers.

Hi there

I want to carry out two tests .

I am testing Peltier model vs heating element to establish efficiency of pelter heating

I will test each of them separately

Components I’ve already bought are

-Mega2560 with built in ESP8266
-MEGA SENSOR SHIELD V2.0 EXPANSION BOARD
-Micro TF Card Memory Shield Module SPI Micro Storage Card Adapter
-Nextion Enhanced NX8048K070
-AC Light Dimmer Controller Module for PWM Control 3.3V/5V Logic AC 50/60hz 220V/110V
-Two DS18B20 Temperature Probe & Sensor
-PZEM-004T 0-100A AC

Notes:
-Nextion power will be supplied externally.

What I want from you is to
-draw wiring schematic diagram if you can.
-write the Arduino code for sure
-write code and user interface for the Nextion Enhanced Display NX8048K070

Should have a start button
a time counter (either count up or count down) for the duration of the test
show live readings from both temperature sensors and current sensors

Mode of operation + Code

Press start button on Nextion display to start the test
During the test the heating element will work for 1 minute at 100% and turn off for 1 minute
If the temperature of the sensor reaches 79 degrees Celsius or above the heating element will turn off
if the temperature of the sensor drops to 60 degrees Celsius or below the heating element will turn on

The SD should record the experiment from start to finish
Data recorded should be Temp 1 Temp 2 (for the cool side of the pelter) and Current at a rate of 1 sec aka delay(1000)

Budget and due date is not set in stone. Let’s discuss .

So as I send out messages I check out filters to choose a seller.

I chose a Level 2 Seller.

Must be great … Rating is 4.8 …

He read the requirements and was pushing me to accept a quote which made me feel pressured and uneasy because you would expect to be asked questions.

So I go ahead and assure myself . 4.8 … must be good … don’t worry.

Mind you I knew nothing about Arduino and Nextion and I don’t write code.

Seller starts by handing me code 2 days ahead of the deadline he set .

He’s programmed the Nextion TFT to the wrong screen size.
He included libraries that he didn’t send .
He didn’t know that he had to fix a line in the Nextion library to define the series he wanted to use and mark off the bugging to disable it.

I had to troubleshoot his mistakes

He accused me of intentionally sabotaging his work .
When I sent him links of working examples to fix the problems he made , he accused me of bad manners .
He accused me of not wiring the Arduino correctly .

But as I searched I discovered his mistakes .

It wasn’t until his 8th submission that I told him that the main problem was the NextConfig.h code.

Even After we got the Nextion connected to the right serial after me , Zero experience , found out what his mistake was his code did not do a single thing as required .

Numbers did not display in the screen , data was not logged to SD , non of the buttons functioned , the code ran irregardless of set time and did not run correctly nor do anything correctly.

I really tried hard to help him but I had enough.

I asked him to cancel .

He rejected my cancel request and initiated his own .

his reason

I wasn’t provided enough information to start working

The worst experience ever with a client
**************_ _ _ _ _

Was he not provided with enough information ?

Some of his other wonderful messages .

Jun 6, 02:41 AM

“I was worried when you did not ask any questions.” that’s clearly not professional to say sir, you have to be clear as most of my clients do, you should of mentioned all this in your specifications in the first place, and i used what we used most and the described modules in the specifications so this you fault not mine, so you can at least speak nicely and admit this before starting to judge my work. i have never received a reply from a client like this !

i am really sorry for you my friend, you have really a bad manners in communication, i have been working with all nationalities around the world, and with more than 200 hundreds clients and this is the first time i see someone talking like this.

having more than 6 years of experience in programming and a degree in engineering in computer science and software programming and electronics, and you are telling me to learn how to use global and local variables lool, first of all you can go learn yourself before talking about something you don’t know, secondly those variables that you are talking about are the output of global functions they should be declared locally and not globally, for the TFT program is working fine there is no issue with it i have checked it more than once for you, i have asked for a screenshot of the setup and wirings that you have made to make sure you have everything as it should be but you didn’t provide me with anything, i also offered to help you remotely but you didn’t respond, so you are not trying to make this right, or you are doing this in purpose.

so i will wait for something real to help you with rather than just words. I have been nice to you all the way but you keep hurting me with your responses.

Do you think its fair that he has a 4.8 rating ?

Should he be allowed on Fiverr ?

MOD NOTE Username removed Trash Seller on Fivver . Coders come and Judge

Guest lloydsolutions

You need to remove the username of the seller from your post as naming and shaming buyers and sellers is not allowed on the forum

So I was looking for someone to write some Arduino and Nextion code .

Decided to search on Fivvr .

Sent out the following message to potential sellers/freelancers.

Hi there

I want to carry out two tests .

I am testing Peltier model vs heating element to establish efficiency of pelter heating

I will test each of them separately

Components I’ve already bought are

-Mega2560 with built in ESP8266

-MEGA SENSOR SHIELD V2.0 EXPANSION BOARD

-Micro TF Card Memory Shield Module SPI Micro Storage Card Adapter

-Nextion Enhanced NX8048K070

-AC Light Dimmer Controller Module for PWM Control 3.3V/5V Logic AC 50/60hz 220V/110V

-Two DS18B20 Temperature Probe & Sensor

-PZEM-004T 0-100A AC

Notes:

-Nextion power will be supplied externally.

What I want from you is to

-draw wiring schematic diagram if you can.

-write the Arduino code for sure

-write code and user interface for the Nextion Enhanced Display NX8048K070

Should have a start button

a time counter (either count up or count down) for the duration of the test

show live readings from both temperature sensors and current sensors

Mode of operation + Code

Press start button on Nextion display to start the test

During the test the heating element will work for 1 minute at 100% and turn off for 1 minute

If the temperature of the sensor reaches 79 degrees Celsius or above the heating element will turn off

if the temperature of the sensor drops to 60 degrees Celsius or below the heating element will turn on

The SD should record the experiment from start to finish

Data recorded should be Temp 1 Temp 2 (for the cool side of the pelter) and Current at a rate of 1 sec aka delay(1000)

Budget and due date is not set in stone. Let’s discuss .

So as I send out messages I check out filters to choose a seller.

I chose a Level 2 Seller.

Must be great … Rating is 4.8 …

He read the requirements and was pushing me to accept a quote which made me feel pressured and uneasy because you would expect to be asked questions.

So I go ahead and assure myself . 4.8 … must be good … don’t worry.

Mind you I knew nothing about Arduino and Nextion and I don’t write code.

Seller starts by handing me code 2 days ahead of the deadline he set .

He’s programmed the Nextion TFT to the wrong screen size.

He included libraries that he didn’t send .

He didn’t know that he had to fix a line in the Nextion library to define the series he wanted to use and mark off the bugging to disable it.

I had to troubleshoot his mistakes

He accused me of intentionally sabotaging his work .

When I sent him links of working examples to fix the problems he made , he accused me of bad manners .

He accused me of not wiring the Arduino correctly .

But as I searched I discovered his mistakes .

It wasn’t until his 8th submission that I told him that the main problem was the NextConfig.h code.

Even After we got the Nextion connected to the right serial after me , Zero experience , found out what his mistake was his code did not do a single thing as required .

Numbers did not display in the screen , data was not logged to SD , non of the buttons functioned , the code ran irregardless of set time and did not run correctly nor do anything correctly.

I really tried hard to help him but I had enough.

I asked him to cancel .

He rejected my cancel request and initiated his own .

his reason

I wasn’t provided enough information to start working

The worst experience ever with a client

**************_ _ _ _ _

Was he not provided with enough information ?

Some of his other wonderful messages .

Jun 6, 02:41 AM

“I was worried when you did not ask any questions.” that’s clearly not professional to say sir, you have to be clear as most of my clients do, you should of mentioned all this in your specifications in the first place, and i used what we used most and the described modules in the specifications so this you fault not mine, so you can at least speak nicely and admit this before starting to judge my work. i have never received a reply from a client like this !

i am really sorry for you my friend, you have really a bad manners in communication, i have been working with all nationalities around the world, and with more than 200 hundreds clients and this is the first time i see someone talking like this.

having more than 6 years of experience in programming and a degree in engineering in computer science and software programming and electronics, and you are telling me to learn how to use global and local variables lool, first of all you can go learn yourself before talking about something you don’t know, secondly those variables that you are talking about are the output of global functions they should be declared locally and not globally, for the TFT program is working fine there is no issue with it i have checked it more than once for you, i have asked for a screenshot of the setup and wirings that you have made to make sure you have everything as it should be but you didn’t provide me with anything, i also offered to help you remotely but you didn’t respond, so you are not trying to make this right, or you are doing this in purpose.

so i will wait for something real to help you with rather than just words. I have been nice to you all the way but you keep hurting me with your responses.

Should he be allowed on Fiverr ?

MOD NOTE Username removed Trash Seller on Fivver . Coders come and Judge

@lloydsolutions is just a forum user informing you about the forum rules, there’s no need to be rude to them.

On Fiverr, an overall rating of 4.8 isn’t that great. Have you checked if the seller has negative reviews (and if yes, what do they say, and how did the seller respond)? You can filter for negative reviews on their gig or profile page.

@lloydsolutions is just a forum user informing you about the forum rules, there’s no need to be rude to them.

On Fiverr, an overall rating of 4.8 isn’t that great. Have you checked if the seller has negative reviews (and if yes, what do they say, and how did the seller respond)? You can filter for negative reviews on their gig or profile page.

Fivrr doesn’t allow for negative feedback .

It only allows feedback if you’ve accepted delivery , which means if you’re satisfied .

But good to know 4.8 is low.

It only allows feedback if you’ve accepted delivery , which means if you’re satisfied .

But good to know 4.8 is low.

Yes, they do. Some sellers do have some bad ratings (1 star, 2 stars).

In order to be allowed to leave feedback, you have to accept the delivery, yes, but then you can leave a negative rating (and some buyers do that).

For a seller with dozens, hundreds, or thousands of reviews, a 4.7 star average rating is considered borderline. A 4.8 isn’t exactly low, but is something to note and possibly check into. A 4.9 is quite common for good sellers who happen to get the rare disgruntled or bad apple buyers. And 5 stars can indicate a good seller, or simply a seller who hasn’t run into any problematic buyers yet.

Archived