why my gigs denied by fiverr some unknown reason

I’m doing funny spokesperson videos on Fiverr. But Fiverr removes my gigs when it’s reaching up, without giving any reasonable grounds. My fourth gig was also removed by Fiverr a few days ago. This is the fourth time this has happened to me. The same answer is given every time a customer service query is made. That is, " it seems your gig is not appropriate for the fiverr a Marketplace ". So, there is no point in asking them about it anymore. But there are many similar gigs like my gig in Fiverr. I need to only know the clear reason for the removal. If they make it clear, I’m able to avoid rejecting my gig that way. But cs not giving me a clear answer. Does anyone know the reason for this…? or anyone has this experience?

What was the exact response Fiverr CS gave you? A really good spokesperson I would vouch for would be @enunciator, maybe he has some insights on this!

Thank you kindly @theratypist, but I think I’m still very much a noobie in the video spokesperson field!

I think I’ve seen your profile before, and you seem to have had more orders than I have. I cannot discern specifically as to why your gigs with lots of reviews were deemed inappropriate by Fiverr.

That is a very broad and vague term that could range from giving testimonials, using copyright/restricted content/IP, having vulgar/discriminatory/se*ual content, or being of exceedingly poor quality that Fiverr deems it incompatible with being listed on the site.

I did notice one thing on your “I will create funny birthday wishing videos” gig. You use the meme recorder version of Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On” but I highly doubt you own the rights to the original song or are the creator of the parody recorder version, so you are technically using a song which you have no rights to use for advertising your own business.

What was the exact response Fiverr CS gave you? A really good spokesperson I would vouch for would be @enunciator, maybe he has some insights on this!

Fiverr CS only saying every time " It seems your Gig is not appropriate for the Fiverr marketplace. We suggest that you do some research on the Fiverr platform to see what type of Gigs are offered and in demand by our buyers."

Fiverr CS only saying every time " It seems your Gig is not appropriate for the Fiverr marketplace. We suggest that you do some research on the Fiverr platform to see what type of Gigs are offered and in demand by our buyers."

You could ask CS what it is it about your gig that is disallowed but other gigs that do funny gigs sort of similar (eg. in the spokesperson category) are allowed. They might just repeat what they said before but it might be worth asking.

At one time they removed sign holding gigs (because someone asked them to display offensive things on a sign and they delivered it) and prank type videos. It might be a similar thing where (based on the title) you were offering to say any message (but I think there’s people who do funny spokesperson videos where they offer to say even offensive things). Maybe there’s something different about what you do/were offering to do in yours vs the comedy spokesperson ones. Or maybe they’ll start removing those other ones too.

Thank you kindly @theratypist, but I think I’m still very much a noobie in the video spokesperson field!

I think I’ve seen your profile before, and you seem to have had more orders than I have. I cannot discern specifically as to why your gigs with lots of reviews were deemed inappropriate by Fiverr.

That is a very broad and vague term that could range from giving testimonials, using copyright/restricted content/IP, having vulgar/discriminatory/se*ual content, or being of exceedingly poor quality that Fiverr deems it incompatible with being listed on the site.

I did notice one thing on your “I will create funny birthday wishing videos” gig. You use the meme recorder version of Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On” but I highly doubt you own the rights to the original song or are the creator of the parody recorder version, so you are technically using a song which you have no rights to use for advertising your own business.

Thank you so much @enunciator for your response indeed. As far as I can remember, the gig I used for the birthday greeting, chose that meme record as free copyright. However, I will find out more about what you meant. If I use such non-copyrighted music or song in the video we give to our buyer, will it cause my gig to be denied? What should we do if a client sends us non-copyrighted music or song and ordered us to include it in his video?

Further, I would like to know something from you. In most of my previous gigs, my upper body is naked. Could that be a reason to cancel my gig?

Thank you so much @enunciator for your response indeed. As far as I can remember, the gig I used for the birthday greeting, chose that meme record as free copyright. However, I will find out more about what you meant. If I use such non-copyrighted music or song in the video we give to our buyer, will it cause my gig to be denied? What should we do if a client sends us non-copyrighted music or song and ordered us to include it in his video?

Further, I would like to know something from you. In most of my previous gigs, my upper body is naked. Could that be a reason to cancel my gig?

If I use such non-copyrighted music or song in the video we give to our buyer, will it cause my gig to be denied? What should we do if a client sends us non-copyrighted music or song and ordered us to include it in his video?

Non-copyrighted music? You mean public domain or royalty free music? American public domain music are all quite old (published in 1925 or earlier) and royalty free music may require an initial purchase to use or specific fees for business/commercial use.

In most of my previous gigs, my upper body is naked. Could that be a reason to cancel my gig?

Possibly, though I cannot say for certain. There are numerous gigs with shirtless males, especially in the Fitness Lessons and Modeling and Acting categories.

You could ask CS what it is it about your gig that is disallowed but other gigs that do funny gigs sort of similar (eg. in the spokesperson category) are allowed. They might just repeat what they said before but it might be worth asking.

At one time they removed sign holding gigs (because someone asked them to display offensive things on a sign and they delivered it) and prank type videos. It might be a similar thing where (based on the title) you were offering to say any message (but I think there’s people who do funny spokesperson videos where they offer to say even offensive things). Maybe there’s something different about what you do/were offering to do in yours vs the comedy spokesperson ones. Or maybe they’ll start removing those other ones too.

Or maybe they’ll start removing those other ones too.

I hope they don’t just do a blanket ban of funny video gigs. I carefully follow Fiverr Community Standards and ToS and have clearly stated limits and restrictions on the types of things I am willing to say or do, but I know that there are numerous other sellers without such scruples.

That’s true. but if I use that “I will say anything you want…”, I have specifically mentioned in my gig description “Please remember: NO Rude, Adult, Violent, Insult, Naked, or anything bad on these videos, this is just for fun” like that. Also, if such an order comes, I will inform him about it.

That’s true. but if I use that “I will say anything you want…”, I have specifically mentioned in my gig description “Please remember: NO Rude, Adult, Violent, Insult, Naked, or anything bad on these videos, this is just for fun” like that. Also, if such an order comes, I will inform him about it.

Though I’d still check with CS before creating a new similar gig to make sure that the new gig would be okay with their rules and the hidden rules they don’t disclose (something like that the gig has to be in their business guidelines/direction or something). Just to be safe from warnings if you keep creating the same type of gig that keeps getting denied.

Archived