Charge back on a 2month old order

I dont even know what to say to this one honestly
basically I wake up to a charge back for a 2 month old completed order, the guy was satisfied with his delivery wanted to make another one I didnt have time so i canceled the second one
Fast forward now, I get money taken out of my account due to order cancelation and stats getting ruined
I asked the guy whats the deal with this whole situation he said that he never got his money for the second order back to his account and asked his bank for a refund.
I asked him if he was okay with his first order he said yeah no problem what so ever
I contact fiverr support they are still not answering?
What is this? How can fiverr even allow this to happen without giving the seller or buyer any information regarding the order.

• Like 14

Sounds to me as though your buyer did not get his money back from order #2 that you did not want to take or do - and instead of contacting Fiverr customer support, just went to his bank and disputed the charges. For whatever reason, the bank seems to have flagged both Fiverr purchases and cancelled both.

Unless your buyer can get his bank to put the charge that was valid through, I doubt you will get your money.

GG

• Like 5

Refunds are by default done in form of Fiverr balance unless the buyer actively asks support to refund to the payment source. Maybe your buyer didn’t realize that he got refunded to his Fiverr balance and thus asked his bank to dispute the charge for the order that you actually delivered?

It’s in the Payments T&C: https://www.fiverr.com/content/payments-terms-and-conditions

If an order is canceled (for any reason), the funds paid will be returned to the Buyer’s Fiverr Balance.

I’d try to keep working with support to clear this situation up in any case. Did your order completion rate drop after the recent cancellation?

• Like 5

Refunds are by default done in form of Fiverr balance unless the buyer actively asks support to refund to the payment source. Maybe your buyer didn’t realize that he got refunded to his Fiverr balance and thus asked his bank to dispute the charge for the order that you actually delivered?

It’s in the Payments T&C: https://www.fiverr.com/content/payments-terms-and-conditions

If an order is canceled (for any reason), the funds paid will be returned to the Buyer’s Fiverr Balance.

I’d try to keep working with support to clear this situation up in any case. Did your order completion rate drop after the recent cancellation?

Yes it did, this is the second cancelation in 2 days, fiverr support also canceled a overnight project of mine with a client who basically didnt want to pay for the work

• Like 5

Yes it did, this is the second cancelation in 2 days, fiverr support also canceled a overnight project of mine with a client who basically didnt want to pay for the work

Ah, that’s not good. I’d try to at least reason with support that your order completion rate shouldn’t be affected by the case you described in your opening post, the satisfied customer who just thinks he didn’t get his refund for the mutually cancelled second order that you couldn’t do.

The cancellation of the second order with that same customer is on you, as you shouldn’t take orders you don’t have the time to do, respectively pause your gigs/turn on out-office mode, but the cancellation of the already delivered first order that your customer was satisfied with and due to your customer asking his bank to dispute the charge, which is against Fiverr’s ToS, obviously shouldn’t count against you.

That overnight project might be a different affair, in case your customer told them you didnt deliver everything, or whatever, but “didn’t want to pay” isn’t a good enough reason to not pay, I wouldn’t just accept that so easily. If you can prove that you delivered what your gig or custom offer promised, you could try and ask them about that too.

It might be worth trying, both for the money, and at least for your stats, as two cancellations in two days of the kind that lower your stats might affect you.

You can also ask support if they can keep it from affecting your level if it would at the next evaluation. It will depend on what exactly happened, we usually hear only one side here, and how that fits their guidelines for how to deal with different situations.

Good luck with the outcome, in any case.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...