Extended 4 times

I have someone building a mobile app. We first started April 23rd in which the due date was May 10th. He asked for an extension to May 16th because of Ramadhan. Then he was late so I extended to May 18th. He was late again and I extended to May 24th. He has yet to complete and tells me to just let him do it so I won’t have to start over again. Then he states how he’s doing me a favor by not charging a lot ($350) and that the work is strenuous but he will do it. He claims to be almost done yet I see little progress. This is my first app…what do I do?

Very unprofessional.

It is your choice whether you need to continue with the seller or take a leap and switch to someone who is not blackmailing you.

As you stated, there is little progress so either speak to them sternly or proceed with another developer.

Religious preferences are personal, sellers are always welcome to take lesser orders or clarify beforehand.

Very unprofessional.

It is your choice whether you need to continue with the seller or take a leap and switch to someone who is not blackmailing you.

As you stated, there is little progress so either speak to them sternly or proceed with another developer.

Religious preferences are personal, sellers are always welcome to take lesser orders or clarify beforehand.

Thank you for responding and providing your insight. I explained to him as a buyer it was not my obligation to extend based on his personal practices as I am a paying customer at the end of the day. I feel like even if he did give me a final product yesterday, if there were discovered issues afterward, he wouldn’t address them as he would have already received the funds so the trust isn’t there. I appreciate and thank you very much!

Thank you for responding and providing your insight. I explained to him as a buyer it was not my obligation to extend based on his personal practices as I am a paying customer at the end of the day. I feel like even if he did give me a final product yesterday, if there were discovered issues afterward, he wouldn’t address them as he would have already received the funds so the trust isn’t there. I appreciate and thank you very much!

That is true. You will have to take the three days and review the project ASAP upon delivery so that any issues can be resolved while the order is in progress.

That all doesn’t sound professional at all.

It will be your choice how to act on it and if you want to proceed with an order.

You don’t have to agree to time extensions anymore if you believe you are not comfortable trusting this seller anymore and if your seller is late 48 hours after the deadline you will have an automatic option to cancel your order.

I have someone building a mobile app. We first started April 23rd in which the due date was May 10th. He asked for an extension to May 16th because of Ramadhan. Then he was late so I extended to May 18th. He was late again and I extended to May 24th. He has yet to complete and tells me to just let him do it so I won’t have to start over again. Then he states how he’s doing me a favor by not charging a lot ($350) and that the work is strenuous but he will do it. He claims to be almost done yet I see little progress. This is my first app…what do I do?

This is my first app…what do I do?

You cancel. Seems this guy has an excuse for everything.

He KNEW when his religious holiday would be - he should not have taken an order that would interfere with this.

I bet it will be June and he will need 2 more weeks, then it will be mid June and 2 more weeks…

GG

Archived