Sellers lying on pricing

mike2go

which report option would you recommend?

Why would you report someone just because they asked for a higher price? It’s a right of the seller to ask whatever they wants, and it’s your right to find someone else if you don’t find a good rate from a seller. sellers can’t package everything they can do into only 3 packages. what they do is common packages for common requirements. Was your requirement common enough to fall into a package that the seller offered? If so you may think of reporting.

me contacting 20 sellers to find one thats honest is a waste of my time

If you think this platform is that terrible, and sellers are that terrible, and it wastes your time., why would you waste more of your time posting on the forum and stuff? you could move on to another platform where you have good prices.

This is what I find, people come here expecting to get their work done for the cheapest possible. (I mean most of the buyers) that’s how Fiverr became famous. Like, get your work done for $5. but now things are different here. so when buyers don’t get the price they’re expecting they get mad. but what they don’t realize is that they’re already getting a massive discount compared to other freelance platforms.

Why would you report someone just because they asked for a higher price?

Because it is against Fiverr’s TOS to do bait-and-switch marketing, as stated in @imagination7413’s post. As someone who has bought a lot on Fiverr, this is something that I have found that sellers do a lot, and it’s incredibly annoying. I agree with the OP on that.

That being said, the problem can be mitigated by not contacting sellers who offer services at prices that are too good to be true. They often turn out to be exactly that.

• Like 13

Choose someone new, well if someone ask 10x price then firstly check weather he/she gives more plans then the actual pricing packages sometimes we observe that they need a landing page and speed optimization too but the gig was for only landing page so they send or offer custom offer with extra money, well I really care about your feedback’s to if you get offended then I suggest you to ask him why he pricing 10x if they couldn’t give valid reason for that you should go to support.
thanks

• Like 7

Why would you report someone just because they asked for a higher price?

Because it is against Fiverr’s TOS to do bait-and-switch marketing, as stated in @imagination7413’s post. As someone who has bought a lot on Fiverr, this is something that I have found that sellers do a lot, and it’s incredibly annoying. I agree with the OP on that.

That being said, the problem can be mitigated by not contacting sellers who offer services at prices that are too good to be true. They often turn out to be exactly that.

the problem can be mitigated by not contacting sellers who offer services at prices that are too good to be true. They often turn out to be exactly that.

I agree with this. but don’t forget the feature of creating custom offers is there for sellers to create offers tailored for the requirement of the buyer, If everything can be done as the price showed in the gig packages Fiverr would’ve not added such a feature.

That’s why I said:

Sellers can’t package everything they can do into only 3 packages. what they do is common packages for common requirements. Was your requirement common enough to fall into a package that the seller offered? If so you may think of reporting.

If the requirement belongs to the package, yes seller should not ask for more. If the requirement is too simple or too complex, the price can be low or high than displayed in the gig package. that wouldn’t be a ToS violation and that’s what I talked about. Just because the seller asked more doesn’t mean it’s a ToS violation. There are other facts to be added in according for it to be a ToS violation.

• Like 7

the problem can be mitigated by not contacting sellers who offer services at prices that are too good to be true. They often turn out to be exactly that.

I agree with this. but don’t forget the feature of creating custom offers is there for sellers to create offers tailored for the requirement of the buyer, If everything can be done as the price showed in the gig packages Fiverr would’ve not added such a feature.

That’s why I said:

Sellers can’t package everything they can do into only 3 packages. what they do is common packages for common requirements. Was your requirement common enough to fall into a package that the seller offered? If so you may think of reporting.

If the requirement belongs to the package, yes seller should not ask for more. If the requirement is too simple or too complex, the price can be low or high than displayed in the gig package. that wouldn’t be a ToS violation and that’s what I talked about. Just because the seller asked more doesn’t mean it’s a ToS violation. There are other facts to be added in according for it to be a ToS violation.

If the requirement belongs to the package, yes seller should not ask for more

That was the case here. I saw the profile of the seller in question before the link was removed.

Sellers need to protect themselves by not stating something in their packages that they are not ready to fulfill at the stated price.

Also, sellers should have clear packages and descriptions. Don’t just write “I will write anything for you until you are satisfied”, for example. As a buyer, I could go and order that gig directly and tell you to write 100 epics of 1000 pages each.

Your gigs are clear. You say in your gigs that the price will depend on the task. That is completely fair, and that is not the problem I am talking about.

This case had a seller who had a very vague package and description, as in my example above. Not as extreme, but the buyer could have ordered directly and reasonably expected the seller to write a full terms of service for their website, no matter how long. That is the problem with not being precise enough when creating gig descriptions or packages.

• Like 17

• 1 year later...

I'm extremely dissapointed with Fiverr and will be closing my account. The pricing is very, very deceptive and their pricing means nothing.

When I contacted an illustrator, giving specific details for a children's book I chose the Premium service ($85) because that's what my book needed based on number of characters in the book. The illustrators premium service said 5 characters. I offered to supply a pretty decent version of what I was looking for with each page and not a lot would have changed in the pictures. As soon as I sent my question, I received a pre-planned response saying that color pictures with characters on the pages would be $50 per page and so a 10-page book would be $500. I sent an immediate response letting the illustrator know that nothing in the description indicated this and for them to delete my request for additional information. I'm currently dealing with another illustrator who seems to be doing the same thing. She said to send my illustrations with the words (basically my entire book) and what I'm looking for as well as the page size, and she'll give me a price. If I'm going to upload this myself for a printed book using her files, the size shouldn't matter since I would be the one chosing the size of the book when it's printed.

I will go to Fiverr customer service with this complaint before I close my account, but I will be telling all of my author friends to steer clear from ever using Fiverr.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...