My experince as fiverr seller at almost 1 month

atinhub

Hi! So, today I want to share who wants to start selling gig on fiverr. I got my first buyer on my second week of fiverr, to do whiteboard animation. Then, do 4 revisions. Because my video not that good. After that, I delivered my work. Then he gave more jobs. I just do it first time then approved. After that, more buyers come requested to do 2d animation video. I almost give up since this one almost 5 revisions, still not approved. And my first same buyer request my video. This make me a little stress, because the duration I make is so short which 2 days. Advise here, please review your gig first, duration, price, is it time consuming and stuff.

If you are having to re do your work over and over, that is a problem. Are you really an expert in creating white board animations? Also, if your Gig offers unlimited revisions, you invited that beast into your home - be prepared for many more buyers to overwork you if you do have unlimited revisions.

If you are good at white board animation, the problem may lie in your ability to communicate effectively with the buyer before you even begin working. If you have fluent in your profile when it comes to speaking English, you may want to change that to conversational.

If you are having a hard time meeting your delivery dates, you need to extend them to maybe 3 to 5 days or longer if 2 days isn’t cutting it.

GG

Guest tenebres_telrei

Yeah well… first of all, your gig has multiple typos so it’s best to fix them first. But that’s a side note.

Revision system, while has been implemented for ‘greater good’, often can work against you. If you pick unlimited revisions and advertise it, just as @genuineguidance has said, you do invite a beast into your home. It’s easy to abuse sellers with it and let them gain an extra pair of gray hair.

If you want a more smooth experience, do your research and learn on others’ mistakes before taking a step out into a wild world of freelancing.

Hi! So, today I want to share who wants to start selling gig on fiverr. I got my first buyer on my second week of fiverr, to do whiteboard animation. Then, do 4 revisions. Because my video not that good. After that, I delivered my work. Then he gave more jobs. I just do it first time then approved. After that, more buyers come requested to do 2d animation video. I almost give up since this one almost 5 revisions, still not approved. And my first same buyer request my video. This make me a little stress, because the duration I make is so short which 2 days. Advise here, please review your gig first, duration, price, is it time consuming and stuff.

Thank you everyone. Lesson learned

If you are having to re do your work over and over, that is a problem. Are you really an expert in creating white board animations? Also, if your Gig offers unlimited revisions, you invited that beast into your home - be prepared for many more buyers to overwork you if you do have unlimited revisions.

If you are good at white board animation, the problem may lie in your ability to communicate effectively with the buyer before you even begin working. If you have fluent in your profile when it comes to speaking English, you may want to change that to conversational.

If you are having a hard time meeting your delivery dates, you need to extend them to maybe 3 to 5 days or longer if 2 days isn’t cutting it.

GG

May I ask? Can I extend my work, after my client purchased my gig?

May I ask? Can I extend my work, after my client purchased my gig?

Can I extend my work, after my client purchased my gig?

Yes, but you should not make a habit of doing this. If you find you constantly or say 80% of the time need an extra day or two, this is a hint that you may need to make your delivery time 1 or 2 days longer than what you have it at now.

If you have an open order that is NOT late already, and realize you may need an extra day or however long, go to the RESOLUTION center link on the order page and click that - it will walk you through the steps to ask the buyer for extra time. Keep in mind though, the buyer needs to agree and accept that you want to deliver later than what your Gig states - buyers have every right to deny a time extension, which leads me back to the above - if you find you need more time than what you offer on your Gig, best to change that now.

GG

Archived