What Are You Doing To Improve?

maegan_bertrand

Thank you most kindly! I consider that high praise coming from someone so experienced, professional, and successful in the field! I’ve only just started offering video services for a few months, but I’ve had a blast performing!

When I was an entertainer on ships,

That sounds like an entire thread unto itself!

I have some imported LED panels as well, and they’ve worked wonders so far. My green screen is currently running on a curtain rod being held taut by numerous wall-mounted bungee clips, so, unfortunately, I sacrificed portability the moment I started drilling into the walls!

That screens looks great. You’ve done a super job keeping it taut. That’s the main battle with screens and you’ve done well.

It totally is a compliment, I can really see your gigs doing extremely well.

I’ve been a member of Fiverr since 2012, but only started to sell in August 2019, so I am still learning everyday.

It would be cool to stay in touch!

I’ve redone the gig description, pricing, gig title, keywords, gig images, requirements, changed profile image and description and added two PDFs. Result: zero impressions, zero clicks, jump to the 8th page.

I just had a look at your profile, it’s incredible 😲! Your samples are also very, very nice!

I wonder about something, though. I discovered when overhauling my own gigs this month, is that gallery PDFs aren’t viewable in the app, and the gig’s description in the app can have squirrely formatting, with weird paragraph breaks and the bullet points appearing uneven!

I never even thought of this, but when I checked, I was appalled! So, I had to go into editing mode on my desktop and then check on my phone in app to see if what I changed fixed the blips; took me a while, but I finally got everything to look the same across both!

4466621F-F29E-4123-8758-6E23BFB1D392.thumb.jpg.9a63de40b549639c49ef308af7fcf74e.jpg
image750×1624 210 KB

So, no worries for the spacing, but the bolded sections and highlighted words don’t carry over, either. Maybe it’s the lack of viewable samples then :thinking:? Maybe a more experienced seller than me could offer more constructive advice!

I just had a look at your profile, it’s incredible 😲! Your samples are also very, very nice!

I wonder about something, though. I discovered when overhauling my own gigs this month, is that gallery PDFs aren’t viewable in the app, and the gig’s description in the app can have squirrely formatting, with weird paragraph breaks and the bullet points appearing uneven!

I never even thought of this, but when I checked, I was appalled! So, I had to go into editing mode on my desktop and then check on my phone in app to see if what I changed fixed the blips; took me a while, but I finally got everything to look the same across both!

So, no worries for the spacing, but the bolded sections and highlighted words don’t carry over, either. Maybe it’s the lack of viewable samples then :thinking:? Maybe a more experienced seller than me could offer more constructive advice!

Wow Maegan, totally unexpected, didn’t think anybody would even read my comment, let alone check my gig. Thank you so much for your analysis. I use my smartphone minimally and didn’t even check how it looks there in the app. … Yeah, the overhauling damaged my gig, hopefully only temporarily. But I was also absent from all Fiverr activities for 2 years, so that is probably the bigger reason.

I also checked your gigs and I like their design a lot, the fonts, everything. I read your post about how you want your gigs to speak with your own voice and they do. Authenticity is important even if maybe more people should value it. It’s good to do your own thing.

Pity about the PDFs not being viewable in the app, though. You and I both have very important info in the pdfs which cannot be easily put anywhere else. Another restriction of space where sellers could explain important stuff… Making images instead of PDFs might be a possible solution, but not when you have a lot of info to transmit.

Pity about the PDFs not being viewable in the app, though. You and I both have very important info in the pdfs which cannot be easily put anywhere else. Another restriction of space where sellers could explain important stuff… Making images instead of PDFs might be a possible solution, but not when you have a lot of info to transmit.

You’re very welcome @nadiappp! And thank you for the compliments 😊!

When I looked at the samples in your file, I noticed the illustration of the person riding the horse, and immediately recognized it as an image used in Tarot cards, the 6 of Wands! It was pretty cool to see that.

Making images instead of PDFs might be a possible solution, but not when you have a lot of info to transmit.

I have considered using video or audio recordings in my gigs as a way to include the information that I have in my PDFs. I know that having a video could potentially help me on mobile sales because of the way people use their phones to consume content (think TikTok and YouTube). But I’m not 100% sure if I could make it work for getting the information across, or if I could personally even pull it off 🥴.

Ah, just discovered something interesting again concerning the desktop version vs the app.

C0446FA9-46FB-44DF-BDC6-8B601CB6429A.thumb.jpg.2e07b4ab22ea16eb6a9b6288df912479.jpg
image750×1624 116 KB

I decided to search for your profile using Google, and came upon your paused gig, which does not show on your profile while on site using Fiverr’s search.

The funny thing is, your gig portfolio shows your deliveries, SO, I did another search on my browser, and I’m able to view the gallery’s PDFS:

82D3CAB6-3868-4FBB-B9B0-FA5E8395D2F8.thumb.jpg.69e5a04fbc2fe02b004a69c8c4338e73.jpg
image750×1624 171 KB

However, they still do not show in app :thinking:. The app version is limited, while using a mobile browser vs desktop is actually closer. This all bears further analysis and pondering, but thought I’d share what I’d discovered- hope it’s not too off topic for the thread!!!

Ah, just discovered something interesting again concerning the desktop version vs the app.

I decided to search for your profile using Google, and came upon your paused gig, which does not show on your profile while on site using Fiverr’s search.

The funny thing is, your gig portfolio shows your deliveries, SO, I did another search on my browser, and I’m able to view the gallery’s PDFS:

However, they still do not show in app :thinking:. The app version is limited, while using a mobile browser vs desktop is actually closer. This all bears further analysis and pondering, but thought I’d share what I’d discovered- hope it’s not too off topic for the thread!!!

All this not in the app is interesting - and saddening. I wish people would realize that business cannot be done on the phone. It is just too limited (and casual) a format to allow the sort of detail needed to do great work.

🙂

Thanks, Maegan, for investigating. I learned something new. Perhaps the quick finger-happy effortless buying from the app explains partially why ppl don’t read anything but some words from the gig title and the price. I don’t know the % of buyers that comes from the app vs the browser, but it seems the trend goes to that direction. Good for simple gigs. For a little more complex gig, I suppose raising the price is the only way to make buyers think and read before buying.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!

Since the last update that I did, impressions have gone down, but clicks are still holding steady. In a one week period, for every 10 impressions, I receive on average 1 click on each of my four gigs. Not the best, but I suspect that my not having a video and only two rated reviews might have some bearing on that. I have not converted any of those clicks into sales, however, I’m also aware that as restrictions loosen around the country (US), people are craving the in-person experience and are shopping and spending their money offline.

Anyhow, there are a few things I’m going to experiment with going into next month:

1. Filling in my galleries. I’m not sure about video, simply because I’m so awkward on camera 😅, but having at least two photos in the gig gallery seems to help engagement and generate more conversions.

2. Tweaking my pricing scale. In my creative business, I have found that there’s almost always a “golden ratio” in the pricing. It’s what my customer expects to pay, and more than the actual product, it’s directly tied to the “packaging” and the perceived quality of the service I provide. It’s the same with Fiverr, I just have to calculate what the formula is for the customer base I want to attract here.

3. Marketing my Fiverr gigs through one dedicated social media channel. This actually ties into several of the objectives I put in the 3x3 goals sheet that I made for a Fiverr Learn course. While it could be tempting to leverage my established creative social media accounts for marketing my gig services ( I recently became eligible for monetization on one of my accounts!), trying to cram everything together isn’t going to be efficient and it’ll make tracking and measurement much harder. So, having one social media account for Fiverr alone will be my best bet.

I’ll update again when I implement all this good stuff, and we’ll see what happens!!!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!

I’m slow to report my progress on what I’ve tried in this post because my personal life decided to drop a bomb on me (several in fact), but I’m trying to get back on track. Reading back through my updates, the results I’ve seen updating my gigs in different ways has been an up and down affair.

To be honest, I have questioned in the last month and half whether Fiverr is really a good fit for me, but I’ve learned alot about what it takes to be in an online marketplace like this, so as long as I still benefit from being here, I will continue to let my experiences teach me.

I will add one, maybe two, more updates to this thread to report my findings from the last round of tweaks and changes to my profile, but for now, I’m happy to say that my creative business is picking up again after a slump, so I don’t feel like I need to spend as much time fussing over things. That’s not say that I will stop trying to improve, far from it!, but I won’t be as regular on the forum either while I focus on my other income streams.

Here’s to your progress and I hope you all keep hustling and thriving!

Thanks for sharing Maegan!
Yeah, I just recently went through and expanded my gig offerings into multiple niche categories along with my original generic gig.

I’m a voice actor and have been a Fiverr seller for over 3 years now and have been using the same generic gig since the beginning.

I recently created several new gigs, advertising and pricing for specific genres and boom I got a new order the next day from one of the new gigs. 👍

Archived