Buyer is a fraud. Please help me

Hello everyone, I came across this buyer who placed an order without discussing. I read the requirements and it was doable. So I proceeded to work on it. Once I finished my work, I sent him a screenshot. He said they are good. I further asked him whether I could deliver the same along with the source file. He said yes. When I delivered along with the source file, he said, he is disappointed with the designs. I do not understand how does the opinion changes after getting the source file. He threatened me to cancel the order or to rework on it. I opted to rework on it. Again I sent him screenshot (but not the source file). He said he is not satisfied at all. I spent hours working on it. Now he is sending a dispute to cancel the order. He has got what he wanted. Now if I agree to cancel the order, it will affect my ratings. What should I do now? Please help.

6514A074-127F-4499-840F-355914DE25D7.thumb.jpeg.4904950ff01bec7e213f3f89dc065634.jpeg
image828×1792 133 KB

0671087C-AD2C-4F48-95F3-4FCF1273555D.thumb.jpeg.263b1590b1c20de0073da0bd3c284438.jpeg
image828×1792 286 KB

I’d advise you offer to make changes to the work. Communication is key. Most times, the fault is not with the seller, as some buyers won’t communicate their requirements effectively. Anyways, if you choose not to agree with the dispute, they may decide to contact CS and have the order canceled. Buyers have so much power on this platform; it’s concerning.
Your best bet will be to find out if they use your work after they’ve cancelled the order. Take a screenshot and forward that to CS for further assistance.

Don’t make extra work for free. If your gig has an unlimited revisions feature, set revisions to a maximum of 2, add the gig extra “extra revision” to charge every revision out of the original scope for x amount of money. It is a way that protects you from doing work for free. Never ever offer unlimited revisions.

Regarding this special case, contact CS. He is clearly blackmailing you to deliver work that is out of the scope, and that’s a blatant ToS violation.

I’d advise you offer to make changes to the work. Communication is key. Most times, the fault is not with the seller, as some buyers won’t communicate their requirements effectively. Anyways, if you choose not to agree with the dispute, they may decide to contact CS and have the order canceled. Buyers have so much power on this platform; it’s concerning.

Your best bet will be to find out if they use your work after they’ve cancelled the order. Take a screenshot and forward that to CS for further assistance.

Your best bet will be to find out if they use your work after they’ve cancelled the order.

I’m with @keynotewriting here.

If he really doesn’t think you did a good job, he shouldn’t be using your work. You can contact CS if he does. Scammers always put on a show of “I’m not satisfied” once you delivered and everything was perfect until then, just to get you cancel the order, hence receiving a refund, or try to make you do extra work for free. It’s easy to identify if he is one of those.

Don’t cancel, refuse.

What is the order amount and what is the level of your profile?

If the amount is high be persistent. If the amount is low ask CS to cancel order without affecting your account. It will save you from negative review.

Don’t cancel, refuse.

I am denying his dispute

Don’t cancel, refuse.

If the amount is high be persistent. If the amount is low ask CS to cancel order without affecting your account. It will save you from negative review.

The order amount is $30. I am nore concerned about my profile than amount. Because after 1and half month of struggling my gig is appearing on the first page of the search result.

Don’t cancel, refuse.

CS to cancel order without affecting your account. It will save you from negative review.

I have raised a ticket with CS. awaiting their response

I’d advise you offer to make changes to the work. Communication is key. Most times, the fault is not with the seller, as some buyers won’t communicate their requirements effectively.

I completely agree with you. I did managed to give him 2 versions at first to which he said they are good and agreed when I asked him if I could deliver the source file. He got what he wanted at first delivery. And he came back with the tag “I’m not satisfied” just to cancel the order and run with his money and my work.

Your best bet will be to find out if they use your work after they’ve cancelled the order.

I’m with @keynotewriting here.

If he really doesn’t think you did a good job, he shouldn’t be using your work. You can contact CS if he does. Scammers always put on a show of “I’m not satisfied” once you delivered and everything was perfect until then, just to get you cancel the order, hence receiving a refund, or try to make you do extra work for free. It’s easy to identify if he is one of those.

You can contact CS if he does. Scammers always put on a show of “I’m not satisfied” once you delivered and everything was perfect until then, just to get you cancel the order, hence receiving a refund, or try to make you do extra work for free. It’s easy to identify if he is one of those.

I did raised a ticket with CS. awaiting their response. He got what he wanted and he just want to run away with my work and his money

do you already deliver the order?

I asked him before delivering just to know whether he is satisfied with my work or not. He said he liked it. I further asked him if I could deliver the source file. He agreed to it. Basically, he got the designs with sourcefile. He came back with “I’m not satisfied” tag and I being a fool agreed to rework on it. He again said “I’m not satisfied”. And now he is asking me to cancel the order.

You can contact CS if he does. Scammers always put on a show of “I’m not satisfied” once you delivered and everything was perfect until then, just to get you cancel the order, hence receiving a refund, or try to make you do extra work for free. It’s easy to identify if he is one of those.

I did raised a ticket with CS. awaiting their response. He got what he wanted and he just want to run away with my work and his money

He got what he wanted and he just want to run away with my work and his money

Sadly in this case, they always win: they get the money and your work. Only thing that changes if you contact CS first is that the cancellation leaves no consequences for your account because is fraudulent.

I asked him before delivering just to know whether he is satisfied with my work or not. He said he liked it. I further asked him if I could deliver the source file. He agreed to it. Basically, he got the designs with sourcefile. He came back with “I’m not satisfied” tag and I being a fool agreed to rework on it. He again said “I’m not satisfied”. And now he is asking me to cancel the order.

you can contact with fiverr help and support. when you cancel this order yourself its will be harmful for your project but when fiverr authorities will cancel this order its will be not harmful for you and next any buyer i will not see that you cancel order.

But if you till now work with this buyer maybe he will give you bad feedback that why you should cancel this order but not by yourself to cancel this order you can take help form fiverr.

you can contact with fiverr help and support. when you cancel this order yourself its will be harmful for your project but when fiverr authorities will cancel this order its will be not harmful for you and next any buyer i will not see that you cancel order.

But if you till now work with this buyer maybe he will give you bad feedback that why you should cancel this order but not by yourself to cancel this order you can take help form fiverr.

CS cancelled the order. Still my order completion rate went down.

He got what he wanted and he just want to run away with my work and his money

Sadly in this case, they always win: they get the money and your work. Only thing that changes if you contact CS first is that the cancellation leaves no consequences for your account because is fraudulent.

Sadly in this case, they always win:

Yes. You are right! They won this time too?

Archived