Help me! A buyer got very angry on me!

techychunky

Guys there’s a problem… A buyer got very very dissatisfied even once he requested to cancel the Order but I conveyed him. The problem is that something I can’t control with remote software on his computer and told him to do him himself and rest I will do as that is not accessible with remote softwares. But he is saying I can see videos on YouTube also to do my work then why I need hired. He got very angry right now!

What do to…

Contact CS, they can maybe cancel the order without it hitting your completion rate. Sometimes it’s better to cancel than deal with the stress.

Sometimes it’s better to cancel than deal with the stress.

I’m with @leannelrivers

Some buyers are pedantic and ignorant to an extent that is dangerous to our work. Once I had a customer who got angry because I couldn’t sent him the final videos from Fiverr and had to use Google Drive. He said he didn’t knew how to download videos from Drive and made me stay up until 12am delivering his work through Fiverr. I was even delivering on time (3 days before the deadline), but he wanted it now.

I was greedy because he doubled the price of my Premium package in a custom order and didn’t want to cancel it, plus it all went incredibly good until that nightmarish delivery. The result? The friggin buyer left a 3.7 star rating and a “decent job” 🤡

Now, two mistakes you should avoid based on my experience: if you have everything delivered/ready to deliver and your customer gets pushy or doesn’t know how to use the product you provided, kindly explain to them why you can’t make anything about it and that you offer only this and that. Second, don’t be greedy like me and cancel the order before it brings you a negative rating from an buyer that is impossible to satisfy simply because they asked for a work in a field they don’t know nothing about/don’t care about investigating. That is out of our control and we can’t do nothing about but to cancel the order.

P.S: Cancel the order ONLY through Customer Support. Otherwise it affects your cancellation rate.

Thank you @moonstaredits and @leannelrivers for the help… But the problem is that I had completed the 99% work. And this case I can’t let my work be stolen by him.

Then you have to insist that further work be paid for and what part of the work you’re unable to do. Remind them of the original agreement. You can be polite while getting them told.

Then you have to insist that further work be paid for and what part of the work you’re unable to do. Remind them of the original agreement. You can be polite while getting them told.

Thanks you, I was polite since beginning

Thank you @moonstaredits and @leannelrivers for the help… But the problem is that I had completed the 99% work. And this case I can’t let my work be stolen by him.

Make them pay for the extra work. If they refuse, contact CS because asking sellers to do work out of the scope for free is against ToS. Also you can’t risk a negative review. Sadly sellers have the odds stacked against them here, but your reputation is more important than the money. The only bad thing is that the buyer gets your work for free any way: if they cancel the order or if you cancel it through CS. But CS doesn’t leaves a negative cancellation rate. Think thoroughly about you want to do and what is better for your account.

Make them pay for the extra work. If they refuse, contact CS because asking sellers to do work out of the scope for free is against ToS. Also you can’t risk a negative review. Sadly sellers have the odds stacked against them here, but your reputation is more important than the money. The only bad thing is that the buyer gets your work for free any way: if they cancel the order or if you cancel it through CS. But CS doesn’t leaves a negative cancellation rate. Think thoroughly about you want to do and what is better for your account.

But CS doesn’t leaves a negative cancellation rate. Think thoroughly about you want to do and what is better for your account.

Thank you @moonstaredits I will see

Maybe in situations where the buyer can still steal the work and cancel (when they have expectations outside the scope of the order), Fiverr should still have the buyers pay and just not be able to leave feedback rather than cancelling.

Maybe in situations where the buyer can still steal the work and cancel (when they have expectations outside the scope of the order), Fiverr should still have the buyers pay and just not be able to leave feedback rather than cancelling.

I agree. They shouldn’t be able to keep the work for free. Specially if all the specifications that seller offered in the description are met. I’ve seen sellers complaining that buyer stole their work by cancelling and asking a refund because they “didn’t like the work”, yet they caught them using it. Plus in ToS is specified that buyers can’t return the work because they don’t like it, yet still they get full refunds. I sense a big disrespect to our work with this system. It is ok to protect buyers, but the full refund thing does not include the scammer buyers nor punishes that behavior.

I agree. They shouldn’t be able to keep the work for free. Specially if all the specifications that seller offered in the description are met. I’ve seen sellers complaining that buyer stole their work by cancelling and asking a refund because they “didn’t like the work”, yet they caught them using it. Plus in ToS is specified that buyers can’t return the work because they don’t like it, yet still they get full refunds. I sense a big disrespect to our work with this system. It is ok to protect buyers, but the full refund thing does not include the scammer buyers nor punishes that behavior.

Thanks you guys for the support.

I just need the money of my work done. And the buyer is replying to messages despite being online.

Guys, the buyer has requested to cancel the order. How this can fair? And when the order was completed.

And also he requested to cancel the order on the basis of the error can’t be fixed by me. But the buyer is not responding tahts why the error can’t be solved.

image.png.f7b4462c7a53513da8ed109bd8b899a8.png
image693×198 12 KB

Keep working hard…#GodBless

Keep working hard

Not sure how this is even remotely supposed to help solve the poster’s problem.

@techychunky If the buyer is no longer responding, you will likely have to contact CS. However, the likelihood is that they will recommend that you work it out with your buyer. As far as what happens from there, CS may be able to help but unless the job is cancelled (including losing any monies you earned), then you’ll likely end up with a negative review at best 😦

Guys, the buyer has requested to cancel the order. How this can fair? And when the order was completed.

And also he requested to cancel the order on the basis of the error can’t be fixed by me. But the buyer is not responding tahts why the error can’t be solved.

Guys, the buyer has requested to cancel the order.

That’s why everyone advised you to stop doing their work and contact CS, simply because of this:

Once a buyer becomes angry, good luck on trying to salvage anything positive out of an order, or even merely having the order accepted.

Now if he gets to cancel, you will surely have your cancellation rate affected. Refuse to accept the dispute and open a ticket to CS to cancel the order instead. You’re still on time. You may lose the money and your work, but not your reputation yet. You can also open a ticket to CS if you see he is using your work after receiving a refund (though I don’t know how they will help you in that case).

Archived