Buyer requests unrelated to gigs

ankushlaxman

Sometimes…

I guess that’s because sometimes the buyer selects unrelated category.

@nadia_younus Thanks for replying. It seems to be happening all the time, ever since I became active on Fiverr. I have gigs related to word processing, desktop publishing and making presentations, but I get buyer requests related to stuff like sales, mortgage and other stuff not even related to my gigs. It is very rare that I do see buyer requests that could be aligned with my gigs in some way.

sometimes its happened but you can discuss with your buyer that your work is not related what he wants?

@tazdidshahriar I am talking about the list of buyer requests even before I send out any offers. There’s a list of offers I have seen - about 20 in number per day and it is very rare that any of the offers could have anything to do with my gig. I have managed to send out only 11 offers in the last couple of months and only 1 resulted in a sale. I haven’t even got replies to the other 10 offers.

I came across a post that it may depend on the gig category. I never found any category for word processing, desktop publishing and presentations though. So I selected Business → Other. That was the closest category I could find.

Edit: Here is the post I was talking about buyer requests depending on gig category:

Generally, the list of buyer requests that you can see depends upon the category of your gig. For example, if you have a t-shirt design gig, and you have that gig in the t-shirt design category, you will only see buyer requests that are seeking t-shirt design services. If you don’t see any buyer requests, that it may well be the case that no one has posted any new buyer requests for your gig category. A word of advice, though: Don’t depend upon buyer requests to be your only source of sales le…

@tazdidshahriar I am talking about the list of buyer requests even before I send out any offers. There’s a list of offers I have seen - about 20 in number per day and it is very rare that any of the offers could have anything to do with my gig. I have managed to send out only 11 offers in the last couple of months and only 1 resulted in a sale. I haven’t even got replies to the other 10 offers.

I came across a post that it may depend on the gig category. I never found any category for word processing, desktop publishing and presentations though. So I selected Business → Other. That was the closest category I could find.

Edit: Here is the post I was talking about buyer requests depending on gig category:

Generally, the list of buyer requests that you can see depends upon the category of your gig. For example, if you have a t-shirt design gig, and you have that gig in the t-shirt design category, you will only see buyer requests that are seeking t-shirt design services. If you don’t see any buyer requests, that it may well be the case that no one has posted any new buyer requests for your gig category. A word of advice, though: Don’t depend upon buyer requests to be your only source of sales le…

yes sometimes its happened .in that case you have to be patient and its a matter of luck that every client contact you because they have lots of option …

yes sometimes its happened .in that case you have to be patient and its a matter of luck that every client contact you because they have lots of option …

You are a new seller who joined the forum just one day ago.

Your reply is not relevant to what is being discussed.

Posting all over the forum will not get you sales.

So, I’m not the only one… 🙂 I’m getting completely unrelated requests all the time! There’s nothing you can do, I guess (someone please correct me if I’m wrong)?

There must be something that can be done. It is too bad I cannot change the primary category of a gig. Only the sub-category can be changed. For example. Business → Presentations (just discovered it). I cannot change the “Business” category though. There is nothing like Word Processing → Formatting (or something similar).

There must be something that can be done. It is too bad I cannot change the primary category of a gig. Only the sub-category can be changed. For example. Business → Presentations (just discovered it). I cannot change the “Business” category though. There is nothing like Word Processing → Formatting (or something similar).

Once you publish a gig, you cannot change the main category, right? I agree that there is definitely a need for more categories & subcategories!

Archived