Double-edged sword - Seller buying on Fiverr affects the algorithm

Like many regular sellers, we know Fiverr rotates our gig in the search results. Replying late, canceled orders, and delivering late… are factors that decrease your “rank” so to speak.

In my first purchase, as a buyer, I ordered a logo, and the seller delivered this:

image.png.024d996c4048ee40a1d39945573c7bb4.png

Of course, Customer Service cancels it for me. 🙈

I then bought a service from another seller… who doesn’t know how to code properly (but have positive reviews and is in this forum). To cut the story short, there were 2 gigs canceled with this second seller.

… the other seller whom I am using his service now, has now extended the delivery time 6th time (and likely going to the 7). Nothing to do with his skills but language proficiency.

I compared my gig impressions on that cancellation date (s) and extension date (s)… I couldn’t help but speculate that these play a part in my drop of impressions. They are indeed cancellation… but has nothing to do with how I perform as a seller.

Does anyone share my concern?

I’m sure you’ll get a lot of newbies posting here saying things like “I am also concerned” or “thanks, brother for the info.”

Myself, personally, the stats mean NOTHING to me.

I’m not here for stats.

Too many Sellers get caught up in the numbers.

You know, you have to be on Page One of Google to get traffic.

Fiverr and Google are very different.

Since you have “seo” in your user name, I’m guessing you know that.

Anyway, I don’t share your concern but I come at this freelancing thing from a different angle.

Fiverr is not my only source of freelance income.

I have been freelancing since 2014, full-time since 2016.

I’ve never intended to have a single source of work so I have created a business that relies on multiple streams of income.

Therefore, Fiverr stats don’t really have an impact on me.

I hope that gives you a different perspective to consider.

I’m sure you’ll get a lot of newbies posting here saying things like “I am also concerned” or “thanks, brother for the info.”

Myself, personally, the stats mean NOTHING to me.

I’m not here for stats.

Too many Sellers get caught up in the numbers.

You know, you have to be on Page One of Google to get traffic.

Fiverr and Google are very different.

Since you have “seo” in your user name, I’m guessing you know that.

Anyway, I don’t share your concern but I come at this freelancing thing from a different angle.

Fiverr is not my only source of freelance income.

I have been freelancing since 2014, full-time since 2016.

I’ve never intended to have a single source of work so I have created a business that relies on multiple streams of income.

Therefore, Fiverr stats don’t really have an impact on me.

I hope that gives you a different perspective to consider.

I use “ceo” in my name. I do understand what you mean 😃

Ah, the bizarre hairy elf/gnome queen image rears it’s ugly head again!

I’ve yet to purchase from another seller on Fiverr, but if a cancellation as a buyer possibly impacts me as a seller, that makes me even less likely to partake.

bizarre hairy elf/gnome queen

They say a picture speaks a thousand words but you have perfectly described this image with five. Good work!

I’ve bought a lot in the past and haven’t ever noticed a correlation in cancelations and stats but I may just not have noticed it. It would be bizarre in the extreme if this was the case which is usually a good sign that it is the case with Fiverr…

Archived