All of a sudden my gig got de-ranked

mockup_bysaadi

Hi there I am Saadi, at Fiverr I was ranking on page one, and my business over Fiverr was going fine but all of a sudden my all gigs got de-ranked and now I can find my gig till 21st page and when I contacted Fiverr support over this matter they replied that my gig is active but on my part I not getting impressions even.
I know about Fiverr Gig rotation but what is the best practice to rank that gig back somehow higher than now.

Hi there I am Saadi, at Fiverr I was ranking on page one, and my business over Fiverr was going fine but all of a sudden my all gigs got de-ranked and now I can find my gig till 21st page and when I contacted Fiverr support over this matter they replied that my gig is active but on my part I not getting impressions even.

I know about Fiverr Gig rotation but what is the best practice to rank that gig back somehow higher than now.

all of a sudden my all gigs got de-ranked and now I can find my gig till 21st page

Gigs are constantly rotated and fiverr doesn’t guarantee to keep you on the first page all the time.

Yeah I know about the gig rotation but what is the best practice to rank it back

what is the best practice to rank it back

There is no “best practice” there is no tricks or anything like that.

Fiverr algorithm is rotating gigs based on their performance and matching best sellers that are most relevant to buyers and what they are searching for.

It’s up to you to figure out how to stay relevant to buyers searches and how to keep great performance and customer satisfaction

what is the best practice to rank it back

There is no “best practice” there is no tricks or anything like that.

Fiverr algorithm is rotating gigs based on their performance and matching best sellers that are most relevant to buyers and what they are searching for.

It’s up to you to figure out how to stay relevant to buyers searches and how to keep great performance and customer satisfaction

If you can’t get impressions then you can’t get sales then you can’t improve upon your ranking. It’s a backwards system that makes no sense. Fiverr needs to be more transparent with their algorithm so sellers know exactly why they are not ranking. E.g you need to have a conversion rate of 5% of messages received, under X amount in total cancellations etc.

They leave sellers in the dark and it’s just a horrible way of running a business whereby you depend on sellers to make your income.

what is the best practice to rank that gig back somehow higher than now.

Gig rank depends on gig performance. If you able to complete orders with best buyer experience ( buyer’s private feedback and 5 star review). Higher amount of order value also increase more gig rank. In this proces your gig will gain higher rank.

It is best practice.

If you can’t get impressions then you can’t get sales then you can’t improve upon your ranking. It’s a backwards system that makes no sense. Fiverr needs to be more transparent with their algorithm so sellers know exactly why they are not ranking. E.g you need to have a conversion rate of 5% of messages received, under X amount in total cancellations etc.

They leave sellers in the dark and it’s just a horrible way of running a business whereby you depend on sellers to make your income.

sellers know exactly why they are not ranking. E.g you need to have a conversion rate of 5% of messages received, under X amount in total cancellations etc.

No Fiverr doesn’t have to discourse how exactly their algorithm is working.

The same as Coca Cola will never disclose what is their recipe or Google that will also never tell you exact formula of their algorithm.

If you can’t get impressions then you can’t get sales then you can’t improve upon your ranking. It’s a backwards system that makes no sense

No, it’s one of the perks that fiverr is also promoting you from time to time and doing marketing instead of you but it doesn’t mean that you have to completely rely on it and do nothing from your side.

YOU are running your own business and it’s up to YOU to start reaching out to your target audience. 😉

sellers know exactly why they are not ranking. E.g you need to have a conversion rate of 5% of messages received, under X amount in total cancellations etc.

No Fiverr doesn’t have to discourse how exactly their algorithm is working.

The same as Coca Cola will never disclose what is their recipe or Google that will also never tell you exact formula of their algorithm.

If you can’t get impressions then you can’t get sales then you can’t improve upon your ranking. It’s a backwards system that makes no sense

No, it’s one of the perks that fiverr is also promoting you from time to time and doing marketing instead of you but it doesn’t mean that you have to completely rely on it and do nothing from your side.

YOU are running your own business and it’s up to YOU to start reaching out to your target audience. 😉

Well at the same time your responses also are no help to the people that are making Fiverr their income. How is it a good business model whereby sellers with good stats in terms of money made, good reviews, fast replies to messages etc are suddenly removed from the search rankings with no explanation?

It’s ridiculous and your responses defending Fiverr are also in this instance. Yes, I agree it is your responsibility to promote your GIG and in moments when not ranking it’s a good idea. But again, how are you to know even if you promote your GIG via other means and generate sales how many you need to before it makes any effect to your ranking?

If your GIG has had recent bad reviews or cancellations then that’s completely understandable why you’re now on the last page. But when you’ve been performing extremely well and suddenly you’re no where to be seen is ridiculous and makes no sense. Not to mention when contacting support and getting typical copy and paste responses with no explanation or help at all.

A backwards system in my opinion to the people (sellers) who contribute to Fiverrs income.

Well at the same time your responses also are no help to the people that are making Fiverr their income. How is it a good business model whereby sellers with good stats in terms of money made, good reviews, fast replies to messages etc are suddenly removed from the search rankings with no explanation?

It’s ridiculous and your responses defending Fiverr are also in this instance. Yes, I agree it is your responsibility to promote your GIG and in moments when not ranking it’s a good idea. But again, how are you to know even if you promote your GIG via other means and generate sales how many you need to before it makes any effect to your ranking?

If your GIG has had recent bad reviews or cancellations then that’s completely understandable why you’re now on the last page. But when you’ve been performing extremely well and suddenly you’re no where to be seen is ridiculous and makes no sense. Not to mention when contacting support and getting typical copy and paste responses with no explanation or help at all.

A backwards system in my opinion to the people (sellers) who contribute to Fiverrs income.

are suddenly removed from the search rankings with no explanation?

👇

matching best sellers that are most relevant to buyers and what they are searching for.

Plus there is also a hidden feedback from your clients that is taken into account. You might think that everything is great a rosy but even satisfied clients that left 5star review can write something different in the hidden feedback form.

It’s ridiculous and your responses defending Fiverr are also in this instance

And you should stop looking for excuses.

NO other freelance platform is promoting your gigs or profile. And fiverr does at least some marketing for you.

A backwards system in my opinion to the people

You are free to join other platforms with better systems. Or you can send your feedback to fiverr and they will decide if they want to improve it or not.

You can also have a look at this topic that might give you more insights

Hey everyone! As promised I will try to create a post, in an effort to shed some light over the issues that most of us seem to be facing ever since we got hit with the wonderful twofer of Covid-19 AND the analytics system breaking down. I will share what little insights I have over how SERP may or may not work, but I will avoid diving into too much detail as I have in no way figured things out. (Nor is that my intent) OK so to kick things off, let me just state the obvious: Everything I shar…

Exactly! I totally agree with you mate 🍻

👇

matching best sellers that are most relevant to buyers and what they are searching for.

Plus there is also a hidden feedback from your clients that is taken into account. You might think that everything is great a rosy but even satisfied clients that left 5star review can write something different in the hidden feedback form.

NO other freelance platform is promoting your gigs or profile. And fiverr does at least some marketing for you.

You are free to join other platforms with better systems. Or you can send your feedback to fiverr and they will decide if they want to improve it or not.

Hey everyone! As promised I will try to create a post, in an effort to shed some light over the issues that most of us seem to be facing ever since we got hit with the wonderful twofer of Covid-19 AND the analytics system breaking down. I will share what little insights I have over how SERP may or may not work, but I will avoid diving into too much detail as I have in no way figured things out. (Nor is that my intent) OK so to kick things off, let me just state the obvious: Everything I shar…

I appreciate some of your points, especially with the hidden reviews however I don’t understand why you are being snidey with some of your remarks e.g - leave the platform if I don’t like it.

Are you employed by Fiverr? You seem to defend Fiverr categorically no matter what… I was just pointing out my opinion and what others who feel the same about this topic or issue. Some people rely on this as an income so you should be able to understand their concern and uncertainty from this issue without any clear reason.

I’m not making up any excuses and just looking to find some common ground with other sellers because (in my opinion 😉) it makes no sense when all the analytics we are provided with to analyze our metrics or current record E.g response rate, completed orders, delivery time, level status seemingly mean nothing.

👇

I also appreciate the thread you linked and have checked it out. Alot of good points and factors I had already considered but again hard when you can’t understand what metric may be the possible downfall for your GIG not ranking.

E.g is it my conversion rate I need to improve on? It can’t be my cancellations because I have none. Should I update my GIG in terms of keywords, SEO or visual content? Do I need to improve on my ability to close sales quicker or deliver jobs at a quicker rate?

Probably best to consider all options but just difficult to understand when everything was going great and all of a sudden you’re not just a few pages back but can’t even be found. Ridiculously harsh on sellers again in my opinion.

I appreciate some of your points, especially with the hidden reviews however I don’t understand why you are being snidey with some of your remarks e.g - leave the platform if I don’t like it.

Are you employed by Fiverr? You seem to defend Fiverr categorically no matter what… I was just pointing out my opinion and what others who feel the same about this topic or issue. Some people rely on this as an income so you should be able to understand their concern and uncertainty from this issue without any clear reason.

I’m not making up any excuses and just looking to find some common ground with other sellers because (in my opinion 😉) it makes no sense when all the analytics we are provided with to analyze our metrics or current record E.g response rate, completed orders, delivery time, level status seemingly mean nothing.

Some people rely on this as an income

One should NEVER rely on one platform for their income. Anything can happen - the site could collapse and go down forever, they could send you to no-man’s land in the listings or your account could be banned. Heck, it doesn’t take a whole lot for some to have their analytics go wonky which can demote them a level or worse.

The only way you have complete control is if you have your own site. If one cannot do that, then it is best to diversify and not rely on one site as your sole income source.

This topic has been discussed forever and no one who feels the way you or the OP feels will ever be satisfied until they are on the first page again (I know, you will say, I just want to be seen on the first 7 pages or something like that) but we all know most who complain about Gig rotation are not really happy unless they are in what they think is their rightful position on the first page.

Why would Fiverr give any of us the secret of their ranking system? So users could try to game it? Nope, won’t happen.

And, no, I do not work for Fiverr. I work on their site, but, this is certainly not my only source of income. I do better on my own site.

GG

Some people rely on this as an income

One should NEVER rely on one platform for their income. Anything can happen - the site could collapse and go down forever, they could send you to no-man’s land in the listings or your account could be banned. Heck, it doesn’t take a whole lot for some to have their analytics go wonky which can demote them a level or worse.

The only way you have complete control is if you have your own site. If one cannot do that, then it is best to diversify and not rely on one site as your sole income source.

This topic has been discussed forever and no one who feels the way you or the OP feels will ever be satisfied until they are on the first page again (I know, you will say, I just want to be seen on the first 7 pages or something like that) but we all know most who complain about Gig rotation are not really happy unless they are in what they think is their rightful position on the first page.

Why would Fiverr give any of us the secret of their ranking system? So users could try to game it? Nope, won’t happen.

And, no, I do not work for Fiverr. I work on their site, but, this is certainly not my only source of income. I do better on my own site.

GG

I agree with you about diversifying your income streams 100% and never to rely purely on one stream - especially on a platform like Fiverr.

So you agree with me then regardless how you worded it being condescending? Never did I once say or mention anything about ranking on the first page. Just after some clarity like others on this topic and the reason it keeps being brought up is because there is a lack of clarity.

Fiverr provide us with metrics that we are supposed to use as a basis for our current track record. That would be the analytics combined for completed orders, response rate, delivered on time and our overall seller level. What is the point of these metrics when they seemingly mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, especially in terms of ranking with this issue?

I agree with you about diversifying your income streams 100% and never to rely purely on one stream - especially on a platform like Fiverr.

So you agree with me then regardless how you worded it being condescending? Never did I once say or mention anything about ranking on the first page. Just after some clarity like others on this topic and the reason it keeps being brought up is because there is a lack of clarity.

Fiverr provide us with metrics that we are supposed to use as a basis for our current track record. That would be the analytics combined for completed orders, response rate, delivered on time and our overall seller level. What is the point of these metrics when they seemingly mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, especially in terms of ranking with this issue?

Many people don’t use the “search” function and ask the same question, so it’s not a lack of clarity here. I understood this from reading the forum and never need to ask.

image.thumb.png.ccb788c19355b224939c4c6d0cad1c1e.png
image1920×1080 192 KB

Considering yours and mine join date, we probably don’t deserve to be on the first page of the results yet? Plus the lady who replied has over 1k reviews with 4.9*… if there is anything unfair about the system, it’s new sellers like us appearing before her on search results (in our category, the same level of seller exists).

I appreciate that opportunity and so I understand how unfair rotation is (I got a fairly quiet 3 weeks now).

Archived