I've got my account disabled and I think it was not fair

unfairdisable

Hello, I’d like to say that (at least in my opinion), this is not the typical post in which the account disabling really had a reason, but anyways, if whoevers reads this think it had a reason, I’d love to know why, and I can even agree with him.

Also, apologies if I have any typos, my english is not perfect. This being said, let’s start:

I started a Fiverr Account, I posted 2 Gigs that offered some help to unlock certain content in a videogame. There wasn’t anything weird on those Gigs, I sold a few, 6 between the 2 Gigs if I don’t remember bad. So I decided to create another Gig, which offered a similar service, and it was fair (at the end of the post I will tell the reason why I think the Gig got denied), after posting that Gig, it got instantly denied. I thought it could be a bug so I contacted support, I asked them about the Gig, and if there was something wrong about it, and after getting two generic answers I tried to post again the Gig, because, as I said before, I thought it was a bug. After posting it again, the Gig got again instantly denied, and I got a warning. So, again, I chatted again with support, and told them that there was probably a missunderstanding, they told me that their relevant team were reviewing my request.
An hour and a half after his answer I got every Gig removed (even the first ones, which as said before I sold 6-7 times, and had good reviews). After that I asked the support why they had made that decision, and they told me that it was because I violated “Third Party TOS” (Not their TOS), I asked them to give me more information about that, such as which TOS I violated, what Company reported me, etc, and I gave them a few links of Gigs which offered the same as I did. They didn’t give me any answers about what TOS I violated, or which Company reported me.
Everything (the Gig denied, the 1st warning and the account disabled) happened at december 11th, everything, today is december 16th, and all those Gigs previously mentioned are still up (those which I said that offered the same services as I did).

Now, as said before, the reason why I think I got the Gig denied it’s because maybe it contained some kind of forbidden word, that’s why I think my first (and only) warning, even when the Gig was inoffensive, but that taken apart, I totally think that there was no reason to disable my account; first because it didn’t really violated any TOS, and second, because there are Gigs that offers the same as me, and they’re still up.

All being said I’d love to appeal my “ban”, so I’d love to have some support member which could review my case.
In case they don’t appeal my ban I’d like to know if I could make a new account, and keep selling my services there.

And I would also like to know if the people who have read the entire post think that I deserved to get my account disabled. If needed I can give more details, but I think that I didn’t miss anything.
Also, in case that someone wonders, I’ve readed the TOS, and I repeat that I firmly believe that I didn’t violate any TOS.

Thanks for reading, and again, I apologize for my english not being perfect.

Real quick, lets say your gig was for Call of Duty. If your gig had images of the game or your video shows actual game-play, it might go against a 3rd party TOS.

Your first two gigs were probably flying under the radar but the 3rd got flagged for being too similar. Then they went back and saw the rest of your gigs and made the decision to remove them.

Isn’t selling “cheats” or “fast tracked upgrading” of experience etc on games an expressly forbidden job on Fiverr seeing it breaks someone else’s TOS.

I think this is why your Gigs and therefore Account have been pinged.

Can you take them down and find a more appropriate service you can offer?

🙂

Hello, I’d like to say that (at least in my opinion), this is not the typical post in which the account disabling really had a reason, but anyways, if whoevers reads this think it had a reason, I’d love to know why, and I can even agree with him.

Also, apologies if I have any typos, my english is not perfect. This being said, let’s start:

I started a Fiverr Account, I posted 2 Gigs that offered some help to unlock certain content in a videogame. There wasn’t anything weird on those Gigs, I sold a few, 6 between the 2 Gigs if I don’t remember bad. So I decided to create another Gig, which offered a similar service, and it was fair (at the end of the post I will tell the reason why I think the Gig got denied), after posting that Gig, it got instantly denied. I thought it could be a bug so I contacted support, I asked them about the Gig, and if there was something wrong about it, and after getting two generic answers I tried to post again the Gig, because, as I said before, I thought it was a bug. After posting it again, the Gig got again instantly denied, and I got a warning. So, again, I chatted again with support, and told them that there was probably a missunderstanding, they told me that their relevant team were reviewing my request.

An hour and a half after his answer I got every Gig removed (even the first ones, which as said before I sold 6-7 times, and had good reviews). After that I asked the support why they had made that decision, and they told me that it was because I violated “Third Party TOS” (Not their TOS), I asked them to give me more information about that, such as which TOS I violated, what Company reported me, etc, and I gave them a few links of Gigs which offered the same as I did. They didn’t give me any answers about what TOS I violated, or which Company reported me.

Everything (the Gig denied, the 1st warning and the account disabled) happened at december 11th, everything, today is december 16th, and all those Gigs previously mentioned are still up (those which I said that offered the same services as I did).

Now, as said before, the reason why I think I got the Gig denied it’s because maybe it contained some kind of forbidden word, that’s why I think my first (and only) warning, even when the Gig was inoffensive, but that taken apart, I totally think that there was no reason to disable my account; first because it didn’t really violated any TOS, and second, because there are Gigs that offers the same as me, and they’re still up.

All being said I’d love to appeal my “ban”, so I’d love to have some support member which could review my case.

In case they don’t appeal my ban I’d like to know if I could make a new account, and keep selling my services there.

And I would also like to know if the people who have read the entire post think that I deserved to get my account disabled. If needed I can give more details, but I think that I didn’t miss anything.

Also, in case that someone wonders, I’ve readed the TOS, and I repeat that I firmly believe that I didn’t violate any TOS.

I offered some help to unlock certain content in a videogame

You don’t make clear what that help was. But let’s go back a step. Remember, people do not own the game they have bought. They have bought a licence to allow them to use the game in accordance with the developers / publishers terms of service / licence.

What I suspect happened is that your service was selling cheat codes or walkthrough guides (or something similar) which likely infringed the third party’s terms. While the internet is full of such codes and guides, it doesn’t mean they’ve been lawfully published.

Just because you and other sellers had got away with this for so long doesn’t mean it’s allowed under Fiverr’s own terms of service. You just eventually got found out. Appealing will do you no good other than to demonstrate even more to Fiverr that you don’t understand their terms of service.

Real quick, lets say your gig was for Call of Duty. If your gig had images of the game or your video shows actual game-play, it might go against a 3rd party TOS.

Your first two gigs were probably flying under the radar but the 3rd got flagged for being too similar. Then they went back and saw the rest of your gigs and made the decision to remove them.

It would make sense, but it’s funny because they Gig that got denied so fast didn’t had an Image of the game, it was an image I made myself, and it only had some COD content, which couldn’t recognise the system due the pictures I used were super generic. That’s the reason I think I got the Gig denied due to a forbidden word (I wont type it here, but it’s related to every COD or similar game).

I offered some help to unlock certain content in a videogame

You don’t make clear what that help was. But let’s go back a step. Remember, people do not own the game they have bought. They have bought a licence to allow them to use the game in accordance with the developers / publishers terms of service / licence.

What I suspect happened is that your service was selling cheat codes or walkthrough guides (or something similar) which likely infringed the third party’s terms. While the internet is full of such codes and guides, it doesn’t mean they’ve been lawfully published.

Just because you and other sellers had got away with this for so long doesn’t mean it’s allowed under Fiverr’s own terms of service. You just eventually got found out. Appealing will do you no good other than to demonstrate even more to Fiverr that you don’t understand their terms of service.

I answered above what service I offered. And sure, but the point is that Fiverr, in the email that they’ve sent me after disabling my account, said that it was against Third Party TOS, not their TOS, and when I asked which TOS, or what rules, they didn’t want to give me such information.

Being honest, I think that the guy/team who disabled my account had a bad day, or something, because if that’s not the reason it doesn’t make any sense.

And especially, because I linked them a few Gigs that offer the same as I did, and every Gig is still up, it just makes even more sense. I know that they can’t control every Gig out there, but I literally gave them a few examples of what I was doing, and after 5 days, all the Gigs are up. They disabled my account in less than 2 hours, between the 1st Gig denied and the account getting disabled.

I answered above what service I offered. And sure, but the point is that Fiverr, in the email that they’ve sent me after disabling my account, said that it was against Third Party TOS, not their TOS, and when I asked which TOS, or what rules, they didn’t want to give me such information.

Being honest, I think that the guy/team who disabled my account had a bad day, or something, because if that’s not the reason it doesn’t make any sense.

And especially, because I linked them a few Gigs that offer the same as I did, and every Gig is still up, it just makes even more sense. I know that they can’t control every Gig out there, but I literally gave them a few examples of what I was doing, and after 5 days, all the Gigs are up. They disabled my account in less than 2 hours, between the 1st Gig denied and the account getting disabled.

I’m guessing here… but it could be against the TOS of the software publisher of Call of Duty to sell such a service. In other words if anyone is going to make money from selling such a service, it will be the multimillion dollar publisher and not some Fiverr seller who is profiting from the company’s intellectual copyright and trademarks.

I’m guessing here… but it could be against the TOS of the software publisher of Call of Duty to sell such a service. In other words if anyone is going to make money from selling such a service, it will be the multimillion dollar publisher and not some Fiverr seller who is profiting from the company’s intellectual copyright and trademarks.

It could be this, but I keep thinking that I just had bad luck with the guy I chatted through support, I think he had a bad day or something since all the Gigs I linked to him are still active.

Guest lloydsolutions

• Violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards may get your account disabled permanently.
  • Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on Fiverr.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Any new account is likely to be disabled also.

• Violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards may get your account disabled permanently.

Yeah, I’ve readed the TOS, I wont buy/sell anything unless I got my account back.

Violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards may get your account disabled permanently.

And that’s the point, I haven’t violated the Fiverr Toss nor the Community Standars.

Guest lloydsolutions

Yeah, I’ve readed the TOS, I wont buy/sell anything unless I got my account back.

Violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards may get your account disabled permanently.

And that’s the point, I haven’t violated the Fiverr Toss nor the Community Standars.

As far as Fiverr is concerned they have made their decision regarding that.

We are just buyers and sellers on the forum so nobody here can restore your account.

Do we know if anyone has ever succeeded in overturning a ban? I know Fiverr often ban sellers for good reason - but maybe sometimes mistakes are made. I’m not commenting on this specific case - but in more general terms.

Guest lloydsolutions

Do we know if anyone has ever succeeded in overturning a ban? I know Fiverr often ban sellers for good reason - but maybe sometimes mistakes are made. I’m not commenting on this specific case - but in more general terms.

Do we know if anyone has ever succeeded in overturning a ban?

Not that I am aware of.

I haven’t violated the Fiverr Toss

I’m genuinely trying to be helpful and not antagonistic.

I really do believe there will be something in the publisher’s license / user agreement / TOS (call it what you will, but I’m talking bout the legal small print) that prevents others from profiting from their trademarks and intellectual property. And if that is the case, then you will have automatically breached Fiverr’s TOS. It’s the most logical reason based on your story.

As far as Fiverr is concerned they have made their decision regarding that.

We are just buyers and sellers on the forum so nobody here can restore your account.

Yeah, I know, I will just try to appeal the ban, and hope to my account back, I kinda just wanted to see what the community thinks about my case.

I haven’t violated the Fiverr Toss

I’m genuinely trying to be helpful and not antagonistic.

I really do believe there will be something in the publisher’s license / user agreement / TOS (call it what you will, but I’m talking bout the legal small print) that prevents others from profiting from their trademarks and intellectual property. And if that is the case, then you will have automatically breached Fiverr’s TOS. It’s the most logical reason based on your story.

But then why are all the Gigs that offered the same service as I did still active, when I sent them to support. As I’ve said a few times, I got disabled in less than 2 hours, it’s been 5 days, and all those Gigs are still active, even when the support knows the existence of those Gigs.

If all those Gigs had been deleted, I would understand that I wasn’t able to sell my services here, in Fiverr, but that’s not the case, so that’s why I keep thinking they just banned me for no reason.

But then why are all the Gigs that offered the same service as I did still active, when I sent them to support. As I’ve said a few times, I got disabled in less than 2 hours, it’s been 5 days, and all those Gigs are still active, even when the support knows the existence of those Gigs.

If all those Gigs had been deleted, I would understand that I wasn’t able to sell my services here, in Fiverr, but that’s not the case, so that’s why I keep thinking they just banned me for no reason.

But then why are all the Gigs that offered the same service as I did still active

Probably because the relevant department didn’t have the time to check them yet, and you were already on their radar, which is why your account was disabled so fast.

And keep in mind, just because you see someone selling something on Fiverr, it doesn’t mean that that service is actually allowed.

As for whose terms of service you’ve violated, probably CoD’s. Does CoD allow people to sell what you were selling?

Again, I am just trying to be helpful… and not make you feel bad.

We often see stories like yours on the forum. Sellers either knowingly or unwittingly (although some say that’s no excuse) advertise a gig that isn’t allowed under Fiverr’s TOS. Their gig gets taken down, and they then complain that loads of other sellers are offering similar gigs.

They then ask why Fiverr hasn’t removed these other gigs. The honest truth is… we don’t know! But we do usually see Fiverr take down ‘illegal’ gigs when they’re reported. It can take a few days.

We often see stories like yours on the forum. Sellers either knowingly or unwittingly (although some say that’s no excuse) advertise a gig that isn’t allowed under Fiverr’s TOS. Their gig gets taken down, and they then complain that loads of other sellers are offering similar gigs.

They then ask why Fiverr hasn’t removed these other gigs. The honest truth is… we don’t know! But we do usually see Fiverr take down ‘illegal’ gigs when they’re reported. It can take a few days.

Sure! Don’t worry about that, I’m not feeling bad about this thread, sorry if how I write makes you think that, as I said my english is not perfect xD. In fact I came here to see what you guys think about my ban, because I, of course, could be wrong.

Archived