Does Fiverr ban people for their old messages with clients

no_name12345678

I discovered today that Fiverr ban people for communicating outside of it.
I did this a couple of times, because I didn‘t know… I never took outside payment. I didn’t even try to hide it in the messanges to clients, like I wrote keywords like zoom ■■■■■ email… Will Fiverr notice what I did or was I just lucky that they haven’t noticed and they won’t find out in the future? thanks for your help

Your account is new. No gigs, no clients yet. It’s a Terms of Service violation to have more than one account (and it doesn’t matter if you’ve created an account just to ask a question on the forum it’s still forbidden).

As for your question, if they get a reason to investigate your account, they might discover that you broke the rules in the past (and then again, by having more than one account). Whether they’d give you a warning or ban you is up to them.

You’ve come on the public forum to openly admit that you broke Fiverr’s TOS? You’re brave - I would have kept quiet about that!

That’s clearly not his main account (no gigs, etc.). Pretty smart, actually. Unless he’s using the same IP and Fiverr tracks that kind of thing for forum accounts (highly doubtful, as that would return a lot of false positives), he’s in the clear.

That’s clearly not his main account (no gigs, etc.). Pretty smart, actually. Unless he’s using the same IP and Fiverr tracks that kind of thing for forum accounts (highly doubtful, as that would return a lot of false positives), he’s in the clear.

I was being a little tongue in cheek with my reply.

I didn’t want to spoil it by rambling on about “if Fiverr detect you’ve got two accounts then be prepared for both accounts to be be deleted, etc”.

Archived