Thank you Fiverr, for changing my life

tro2789

Thanks! In the beginning, I would only get a handful of orders each month. So, there would be a week or two where maybe I got fewer orders. But in general, I saw an increase over time in the frequency of orders. In the beginning, the Buyer Requests section really helped me gain some traction and get orders. These days, I rely primarily on organic orders that come in through my gigs. To get here, I did a LOT of research. I read lots of tutorials, watched a bunch of YouTube content related to Fiverr, took the free Fiverr Learn course about being a freelancer, and just worked my tail off to do good work on the platform. I really think it paid off.

Thank you for sharing that! 🙂 I also believe that hard work pays off, maybe not immediately today, not tomorrow, not in a week, but someday it will!

Have you experienced cancellations or bad reviews for no reason? I mean, have you encountered rude buyers or ever had bad experiences here on Fiverr?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for sharing that! 🙂 I also believe that hard work pays off, maybe not immediately today, not tomorrow, not in a week, but someday it will!

Have you experienced cancellations or bad reviews for no reason? I mean, have you encountered rude buyers or ever had bad experiences here on Fiverr?

Absolutely! If you’re putting in the work, honing your craft and making your gigs the absolute best they can be… it’s only a matter of time.

As for your question about cancellations or bad reviews: cancellations, bad reviews, rude buyers, and other unfortunate scenarios are just part of doing business and are unavoidable in the long run. While I would love to avoid these situations, you cannot control all of those variables. In the end, the best advice I have is to sell your services with grace, and if a buyer is giving you trouble, do your best to make the buyer happy. Sometimes you have to go above and beyond.

If there’s a deeper issue with the buyer’s behavior, sometimes you have to contact customer service here on Fiverr (for example, if the buyer is threatening you with a bad review to bully you into doing more work) but I find those situations to be very few and far between. Also, CS is absolutely SLAMMED with requests so it may take them a long while to get back to you. I feel for them, I really do.

Finally, once an order is complete or cancelled, you do have the option to block problem buyers from contacting you again. You just have to go to their profile, block them, and put the appropriate reason for doing so. I think it’s along the lines of “previous negative work experience” or something like that.

I find, as hard as I try to make every order a pleasant experience for buyers, I usually end up with about one cancellation a month. Sometimes buyers don’t fully read the gig description, or there are issues where the scope of work involved doesn’t match what they ordered. Being clear when communicating with buyers can help alleviate this, but it’s not foolproof.

Anyway, I’m rambling on. Happy to answer any additional questions you have. Thanks again.

Absolutely! If you’re putting in the work, honing your craft and making your gigs the absolute best they can be… it’s only a matter of time.

As for your question about cancellations or bad reviews: cancellations, bad reviews, rude buyers, and other unfortunate scenarios are just part of doing business and are unavoidable in the long run. While I would love to avoid these situations, you cannot control all of those variables. In the end, the best advice I have is to sell your services with grace, and if a buyer is giving you trouble, do your best to make the buyer happy. Sometimes you have to go above and beyond.

If there’s a deeper issue with the buyer’s behavior, sometimes you have to contact customer service here on Fiverr (for example, if the buyer is threatening you with a bad review to bully you into doing more work) but I find those situations to be very few and far between. Also, CS is absolutely SLAMMED with requests so it may take them a long while to get back to you. I feel for them, I really do.

Finally, once an order is complete or cancelled, you do have the option to block problem buyers from contacting you again. You just have to go to their profile, block them, and put the appropriate reason for doing so. I think it’s along the lines of “previous negative work experience” or something like that.

I find, as hard as I try to make every order a pleasant experience for buyers, I usually end up with about one cancellation a month. Sometimes buyers don’t fully read the gig description, or there are issues where the scope of work involved doesn’t match what they ordered. Being clear when communicating with buyers can help alleviate this, but it’s not foolproof.

Anyway, I’m rambling on. Happy to answer any additional questions you have. Thanks again.

Thank you so much for taking your time to answer my random questions! 🙂

• 3 months later...

Archived