Pausing Vs Increasing Price

nextstepz

Hello,

Well my first 2.5 months on Fiverr ive hit 140 gigs, so thought I would take a week off at Christmas.

Im ranked on the first page, I’m assuming I can pause my account, then 7 days without any orders of course will drop me little - just wondering in 2020 if pausing will end up killing my gig, or can it recover?
Id rather pause it than keep it live and massively raise the prices, both surely will result in no orders and itll end up dropping down a few places anyway right?

Anyone successfully paused and resumed their gigs in the last year?

Merry Christmas to all

I’ll say pause it. i can see that you have stellar reviews and ratings. Although recovery is based on the algorithm, your returning buyers will help you recover faster.

your returning buyers will help you recover faster.

I took 8 days off and went on a cruise. I used the out of office option while I was gone. I had a couple clients already lined up waiting on my return. When I got back, I hit them up, they placed their orders, and things carried on as usual.

Yes, when I was charging 5 times less than I should’ve, I had no choice but to pause the Gig.
It got backon track within 1 or 2 days. So, if you have a consistent flow of requests, pausing your gig shouldn’t (technically) harm your lead flow.

Don’t forget that for holidays, there’s an option “Out of office” on Fiverr, so people know that you are working and accepting orders, but just not atm. So, in your case, you can go with Out Of Office option.

But I consider my decision to stop the gig a mistake. Playing with prices will give you a free experiment. You are still pretty packed with work, right? Just raise prices till no one actually contacts you. It brings 2 benefits:

1. You decrease amount of requests, and can deliver what’s in the queue/.
  2. You discover the sweet spot, the balance between market demand and supply.

I’ve figured mine, and I’m happy with the best balance of workload and money people are willing to pay.

Good luck, and Merry Christmas

Yes, when I was charging 5 times less than I should’ve, I had no choice but to pause the Gig.

It got backon track within 1 or 2 days. So, if you have a consistent flow of requests, pausing your gig shouldn’t (technically) harm your lead flow.

Don’t forget that for holidays, there’s an option “Out of office” on Fiverr, so people know that you are working and accepting orders, but just not atm. So, in your case, you can go with Out Of Office option.

But I consider my decision to stop the gig a mistake. Playing with prices will give you a free experiment. You are still pretty packed with work, right? Just raise prices till no one actually contacts you. It brings 2 benefits:

1. You decrease amount of requests, and can deliver what’s in the queue/.
  2. You discover the sweet spot, the balance between market demand and supply.

I’ve figured mine, and I’m happy with the best balance of workload and money people are willing to pay.

Good luck, and Merry Christmas

Ah thats brilliant, and merry Christmas to you.

Is the OOO the “go offline for 1 week” thing? So as long as Im not logged in it shouldn’t effect anything. And yeah I kept upping my price and the orders kept coming haha. What I didnt want to do is go 10x on the price and then just put people off and not coming back so thought it was better to hide. But if this out of office is that offline for 1 week thing, thats absolutely perfect. Thank you

your returning buyers will help you recover faster.

I took 8 days off and went on a cruise. I used the out of office option while I was gone. I had a couple clients already lined up waiting on my return. When I got back, I hit them up, they placed their orders, and things carried on as usual.

Ah sweet as easy as that! awesome thanks alot mate.

Guest humanissocial

Don’t artificially inflate prices just to control when sales happen. That looks suspicious to people and you’ll just mess up your ranking royally.

I wouldn’t increase prices as a deterrent. For example, I have quite a few returning buyers, and if they saw my prices jump up - they might think I was being greedy, and never return. Besides, someone could still order from you at an inflated price - and then you won’t be around to service that order.

In my experience the Out of office mode is the way to go (Ooo): Just in case you haven’t seen the explanation: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010788118 . You can customise a message to explain why you’re away, and wish your clients Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas! Plus buyers can see when you’ve specified as a return date.

Pausing your gig is also an option, but not a great one for me. Firstly, unlike with Ooo, there’s no explanation for your clients - you’ll have just disappeared! Also, based on my experience, it’s okay to pause a gig for a few days or a week or two, but any longer (such as a few months) can be disastrous. About 18 months ago I paused one of my best selling gigs (as at the time I no longer wanted to sell that service due to other workload). I then reactivated the gig back in May this year - and I’ve not had a single order from that gig since (whereas until I paused it I would get 3 or 4 orders a week).

I’ve also seen someone suggest that you can increase your delivery time. Again, this doesn’t really work for me - as people can still order, and then expect communication and updates from you.

Ooo mode is the way forward.

I wouldn’t increase prices as a deterrent. For example, I have quite a few returning buyers, and if they saw my prices jump up - they might think I was being greedy, and never return. Besides, someone could still order from you at an inflated price - and then you won’t be around to service that order.

In my experience the Out of office mode is the way to go (Ooo): Just in case you haven’t seen the explanation: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010788118 . You can customise a message to explain why you’re away, and wish your clients Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas! Plus buyers can see when you’ve specified as a return date.

Pausing your gig is also an option, but not a great one for me. Firstly, unlike with Ooo, there’s no explanation for your clients - you’ll have just disappeared! Also, based on my experience, it’s okay to pause a gig for a few days or a week or two, but any longer (such as a few months) can be disastrous. About 18 months ago I paused one of my best selling gigs (as at the time I no longer wanted to sell that service due to other workload). I then reactivated the gig back in May this year - and I’ve not had a single order from that gig since (whereas until I paused it I would get 3 or 4 orders a week).

I’ve also seen someone suggest that you can increase your delivery time. Again, this doesn’t really work for me - as people can still order, and then expect communication and updates from you.

Ooo mode is the way forward.

You Sir, are a legend, that will be the 100% way I go mate. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. In terms of your paused gig, I know not allowed, but Im assuming you could get a mate or something to buy one of your expensive gigs, to sort of thrust it back into life? Maybe that doesnt work, just wanted to return the help!

You have yourself a fantastic end of year bro! And thanks again.

You Sir, are a legend, that will be the 100% way I go mate. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. In terms of your paused gig, I know not allowed, but Im assuming you could get a mate or something to buy one of your expensive gigs, to sort of thrust it back into life? Maybe that doesnt work, just wanted to return the help!

You have yourself a fantastic end of year bro! And thanks again.

Thank you for the feedback! Have a good one yourself.

Archived