Can a buyer give a revision despite the delivery time being over?

I have been selling on Fiverr since 2016. And there have been many sellers, I can't even count. That took advantage of that delivery/Cancellation thing. 

Here's how it goes. 

Fiverr want's to keep the quality assurance real good. That's why, We(Sellers) Try to meet the standards that are extremely high. Once you deliver the order. The timer thing is off the table. But there is another timer running in your client's mind. I have observed by personal experience. That even if you tell the client about the revisions in the beginning. Still you have to do the unlimited cycle, Otherwise your order will get cancelled. Lost of time, Energy and Ofcourse Money. 

Solution:
It's not a hardcore solution. But I hope this will help many others like it did me, It get's frustrating when a buyer asks to revise a video again n again. Even if you put a lot of effort in it. Sometimes buyers are just trying to try out new things by revisions. But what I did is that I started telling myself at the start of the order. That I am a guy who offers Unlimited Revisions. And by telling yourself, Sometimes your brain stop giving you that frustration and annoyingness of misbehaving/Arguing with the client. What I do now. Is that I don't even read the revision when it comes. I simply reply the client that sure thing dear. 🙂 

And then I read them line by line when I sit down to do revisions for the day. 

• Like 8

Hi!

If this is your method and works for you, well, you be you, but one of the first thing I learnt as a freelancer (long ago before joining Fiverr) is that my time has value.

Unlimited revisions don't mean unlimited budget, but surely it will be unlimited work and time invested.

My advice is to avoid this practice that encourages bad behaviors on buyers and also makes things harder for yourself.

Also, to answer the title of your post whose content has nothing to do with it, no, a buyer can't request a revision if the order is closed.

Edited by shalock
  • Like 9
  • Up 1