What Would You Do?

alb8475

Hi all. I thought I saw another thread about this subject, but I cannot find it now. What would you do if a buyer contacted you after 4 months and wanted you to “tweak” the delivery you sent them? I told him that I delivered over four months ago, and while I offer free revisions, I didn’t think I could revise after this length of time had passed…

For me, it depends on many factors such as what/how my interactions with the buyer have been, what is being asked, my feelings/reasons at the time…

I have had clients coming back after a long time wanting/needing changes. Most of the time, I would do them not because I was obligated to but just because I could, but of course, that does not mean I should do so all the times or for everyone. There are ways to politely remind buyers of that fact, just like you did 🙂

That really is a tough one. I’ve seen other sellers who offer free, unlimited revisions get into the same trouble. I think that free revisions are fine, but with a limit. So I’d change the wording of the gig to include something like “1 free revision after delivery”. That doesn’t take care of the time limit though. I’m guessing the timing is what annoys you and not the revision itself. I’d just do it since it is what you said you’d offer.

(It also depends on the product. If it’s a something visual, it’s easier than, say, an article where you’d have to reread it to adjust it.)

Guest itsyourthing

Take cheezees advice and tweak it. Add wording like "1 free revision within 30 days of delivery.“

Obviously you could make it more than one revision, but if you make it too many, you might end up getting flooded with revisions in a short space of time - ya know, people trying to make sure they get their 'money’s worth”. Good luck!

Archived