The new feedback and grading system?

googlepage

@wingle they are strict…very strict… As for this system. I found out about this from buyers who told me about it.

This system is going to get abused by all sides if it is implemented. Just because sellers cannot see the data directly does not mean they cannot manipulate it, they will. Buyers will (mis)use this as well. it does not take much imagination to see how this can be misused. There is an obvious problem with it , but I am not going to state it here as people will start abusing it.

There is also a problem with this box. Buyers are going straight down to the bottom and just rating the sellers with stars. When you look at that box what is the first thing you see. Its the “please rate your experience” which is bolded and the stars and the ratings beneath that. That is immediately where your eyes go to when you land on that box and buyers are missing/ignoring the box at the top so if buyers are not leaving you feedback you know why.

Here’s the problem with the STAR system–too many choices.

Do we live in a world of the bell curve. Where 50% of all your even POSITIVE reviews should be 3 stars and below…and 50% above 3 stars?

Do we live in a world were 5 stars is the only acceptable level and anything less than 5 is a fail.

AND even if you tell people they will do as they like! And if you don’t tell people there won’t even be a standard to point to.

No star system thumbs up and down is enough.

Well, I guess I just woke up to this discussion!

In my view,

Sellers should be able to rate buyers as well.

Most buyers are lovely people to my knowledge and experience, and I would like to rate them too, because they deserve to know that they are nice people to work for/ with.

And, there are a few not so nice buyers around as well, so people should know about those too.

At first glance, rating different aspects of a seller/ buyer may seem useful. However, it may be to complicated for some users to express their sentiments on these aspects. The same goes for the stars. Sometimes nuances are hard to express or to put your finger on.

Some buyers might find rating too complicated!

E.g. One of my regular buyers never leaves feedback, yet she clearly is satisfied with my work, because she buys on a very regular basis.

And of course, all users should have been notified about this!

This new seller rating you see is an experiment we are currently running. As it is still in the test phase, we can’t yet say how it is doing. However, please know that we won’t make any product implementations until we’ve tested how they perform and their impact on both sellers and buyers.

We are working on many new features to improve usability and functionality of Fiverr for both buyers and sellers - so you will see more experiments underway.

Your feedback and concerns play a big role in the new features and functions we implement to Fiverr’s marketplace. Please continue to share your thoughts and experiences with us as you see these new efforts.

• 1 year later...

Archived