POLL - Poor Quality Gig Audio & Video!

steve_maxell

poll2  

116 members have voted

1. 1. poll2

• Fiverr stop compressing audio/video gig samples.
    • Fiverr compression is not something that bothers me or notice.

Surely it depends on the complexity of the motion, the video codec, the duration etc. Fiverr could also increase the allowed file size above 50 MB.

If you take YouTube’s minimum recommended bitrates for frame rate ranges, and I assume they are talking about H264, the YouTube recommended bitrate for 1080p (SDR) at 48-60 fps is 12 Mbps. So for that bitrate (12 Mbps) you could create a 33.33 second H264 video at 1080p at 60 fps and that would be about 50 MB.

imedia has a drop down for H264 and MP4 . I tried both.

Look how drastically it was pushed down in the file property windows.

• Like 9

Surely it depends on the complexity of the motion, the video codec, the duration etc. Fiverr could also increase the allowed file size above 50 MB.

If you take YouTube’s minimum recommended bitrates for frame rate ranges, and I assume they are talking about H264, the YouTube recommended bitrate for 1080p (SDR) at 48-60 fps is 12 Mbps. So for that bitrate (12 Mbps) you could create a 33.33 second H264 video at 1080p at 60 fps and that would be about 50 MB.

They are compressing what ever you upload , so I’m guessing there is no magic conversion. If I had time I would try more various upload ratios, then check the properties.

• Like 8

Here is my opinion. Let Fiverr compress, either the server will be running too slow, the website load speed is gonna be slow. Instead, let’s compress it, but a little. If I had Fiverr in my hands, what I would do is…

• Keep audio the same.

• Resize to 1080p

• Compress the quality with 18.5 to 15 RF

• Framerate: 45 FPS - 60 FPS

Do you agree?

What’s interesting is in a few days time Gemini Man is out (shot and shown in some cinemas in 120 fps 3D, 4K). And I don’t think Fiverr supports any more than 30 fps 720p in their previews. Even YouTube supports 4K, 8K and up to 60 fps.

• Like 8

What’s interesting is in a few days time Gemini Man is out (shot and shown in some cinemas in 120 fps 3D, 4K). And I don’t think Fiverr supports any more than 30 fps 720p in their previews. Even YouTube supports 4K, 8K and up to 60 fps.

Framerate: 45 FPS - 60 FPS

Here’s my gig from a year ago. low frame rate but audio was still at 44k

126582306_1yearago.png.4d13c51d2844a422580447c02bf130c8.png

• Like 8

Wow, interesting thread. Perhaps a standard disclaimer from Fiverr to notify clients that downloaded, delivered audio is full quality, and posted samples are a “down grade” for efficiency? Not sure what the solution is…in fact, never even considerd it. But, now that you mention it…it would be nice to have those full quality files… Best regards,

dave

• Like 9

I’ve been in touch with the CS team, as I said earlier.

Here’s their latest reply. I supplied them with samples from me and other VOs and technical samples from this thread:

"Thank you very much, we will take care of it. I’ve already reported it to the relevant team.

Regards,"

Let’s hope the technical dept. looks into this!

• Like 10

I’ve been in touch with the CS team, as I said earlier.

Here’s their latest reply. I supplied them with samples from me and other VOs and technical samples from this thread:

"Thank you very much, we will take care of it. I’ve already reported it to the relevant team.

Regards,"

Let’s hope the technical dept. looks into this!

Thank you very much, we will take care of it. I’ve already reported it to the relevant team.

Would love to know if the fix it, or give an exception.

• Like 7

For what it’s worth - my interaction with Fiverr CS has been nothing but great. I hope they can “twist the dials” to make this right. The additional disk space should be negligible. I mean, how much data do you REALLY have on fiverr…

• Like 7

I’ve been reporting about this problem to CS on a bi-weekly process since June. Over the past few months I’ve watched my sales drop dramatically and I’ve gone to being always listed as the first 10 VO’s on the first page, all the way down to page 5-10. So far they have offered nothing and continue to tell me they are “looking into it”. I hope the fix is in sight, this issue has been infuriating.

• Like 7

I’ve been reporting about this problem to CS on a bi-weekly process since June. Over the past few months I’ve watched my sales drop dramatically and I’ve gone to being always listed as the first 10 VO’s on the first page, all the way down to page 5-10. So far they have offered nothing and continue to tell me they are “looking into it”. I hope the fix is in sight, this issue has been infuriating.

Same thing has happened to me, but not based on the audio quality. Just no reason at all.

• Like 7

The only thing wrong with this poll is that unless you point it out that it is happening most won’t notice it. Now that I know about it I can see it is a problem.
If I’m unaware of it I won’t know about it.
So it may be a good idea to mention it in your gigs or your questions section.

A question such as this in your questions section might help your buyers:

Can I hear how it will actually sound uncompressed?
Yes, since fiverr compresses our voiceover samples, hear the actual sound of my voice on Youtube: (URL of your youtube sample)

• Like 7

The only thing wrong with this poll is that unless you point it out that it is happening most won’t notice it. Now that I know about it I can see it is a problem.

Yes, since fiverr compresses our voiceover samples, hear the actual sound of my voice on Youtube: (URL of your youtube sample)

By your logic it is acceptable that Fiverr diminishes the work of it’s talent, as long as “ most won’t notice it ”?

It shouldn’t be necessary to point buyers to outside platforms in order to show them the quality we offer on Fiverr .

This might not be an issue for sellers offering other stuff, like graphics, or in your case, spellcasting ( well, except if you have a gig video, that is ), but your buyers wouldn’t care much about the audio or video quality anyway. On the other hand, when a buyer is looking for great quality voice-overs, and finds none , because they are all compressed down to sounding like an old tape recording, that is a problem .

• Like 8

By your logic it is acceptable that Fiverr diminishes the work of it’s talent, as long as “ most won’t notice it ”?

It shouldn’t be necessary to point buyers to outside platforms in order to show them the quality we offer on Fiverr .

This might not be an issue for sellers offering other stuff, like graphics, or in your case, spellcasting ( well, except if you have a gig video, that is ), but your buyers wouldn’t care much about the audio or video quality anyway. On the other hand, when a buyer is looking for great quality voice-overs, and finds none , because they are all compressed down to sounding like an old tape recording, that is a problem .

No I definitely do not think it’s acceptable and that’s not what I said.

Sorry I offended you. I think you misunderstood or took what I said in a way I didn’t intend it. I was trying to be helpful. All I meant was that the average person will not realize it’s been compressed and actually has had the sound degraded unless you let them know that. I hope this explains it better so you see what I meant.

I know it’s a problem. I was trying to figure out some kind of solution. I agree 100% that it shouldn’t be happening.

What I meant was that the average listener to the compressed samples will not think it sounds horrible and they will not realize it’s been compressed. I didn’t say it was acceptable to have it compressed. I can’t explain it any more but they need to hear how it sounds uncompressed, since it sounds so much better. And to that end I tried to find a solution until fiverr stops compressing them.

• Like 9

The only thing wrong with this poll is that unless you point it out that it is happening most won’t notice it.

I don’t think I could have be any more succinct in this this thread about the problem. If anything its probably over-technical. Its not my intention to bring the horse to the water. Only as an explanation for those who are already aware. I knew something was wrong when I created my new gig that the audio was terrible, but only dug deeper after I saw other sellers were complaining about it on the forum. Hope that makes sense #misscrystal

• Like 8

The only thing wrong with this poll is that unless you point it out that it is happening most won’t notice it.

I don’t think I could have be any more succinct in this this thread about the problem. If anything its probably over-technical. Its not my intention to bring the horse to the water. Only as an explanation for those who are already aware. I knew something was wrong when I created my new gig that the audio was terrible, but only dug deeper after I saw other sellers were complaining about it on the forum. Hope that makes sense #misscrystal

It’s a huge difference in quality when you compare the two, to a shocking degree.

• Like 7

I’m glad to see this being discussed. I remember back when I could upload a good quality video. But I was very disappointed to see how much compression my gig videos go through when creating new gigs.

Funny how they tell you to upload a good quality video to showcase your talent, but then the video is turned to mush upon upload. I had to save my gig videos in low quality just to meet the size requirement. As someone whose gigs are literally creating videos, this is both disappointing and frustrating, as the gig video and portfolio do not reflect the true high quality videos I can create.

• Like 10

So I did an experiment today. It appears that if you upload a video you can still watch and listen to the video via the app while it’s getting approved. I tried low and high compressions. And every time it knocked the audio down to 22khz

840625621_Fiverrsbest.png.ff7e8d2153724e3bb7882e76e89857f9.png

SO There it is, no matter what you up load this is the best you can expect with ANY audio video upload- not good! This was established by looking at other sellers who have added gigs recently.

• Like 7

I know there have been numerous posts on this topic the past couple of weeks. It has also been brought up on a staff channel by a pro seller. Please take this into consideration and do something about it. This doesn’t make a good impression on clients and is also a disadvantage for sellers. I don’t even want to know how many deliveries get rejected by clients, even the playback on the site (delivery window) takes a hit. It doesn’t sound right! Here is a summary of posts in regards of the top…

Thank you for posting this annai80

• Like 8

UPDATE -All new audio uploaded to gig will suck !!-

So after checking several categories and “New Arrivals” ALL Audio and Video is indeed compressed to 22khz audio sample rate . In between the masses of orders I have of course, I found this ;-). Here is a great example of how poor the audio sample rate now is. This nearest comparison to what it used to be at.
16ktz @ 0:20 (Now)
48ktz @ 0:47 (Before June-ish 2019)

Song is -Third Eye Blind - How is it going to be

• Like 8

UPDATE -All new audio uploaded to gig will suck !!-

So after checking several categories and “New Arrivals” ALL Audio and Video is indeed compressed to 22khz audio sample rate . In between the masses of orders I have of course, I found this ;-). Here is a great example of how poor the audio sample rate now is. This nearest comparison to what it used to be at.

16ktz @ 0:20 (Now)

48ktz @ 0:47 (Before June-ish 2019)

Song is -Third Eye Blind - How is it going to be

That is really terrible and it will cause a problem for the entire category and sales.

I had a client who asked me if I can deliver a file that isn’t as heavily processed because it sounded robotic.

I don’t compress my files so I asked him if he downloaded the file or if he listened in through the playback window within the delivery.

Of course it was the playback window on the site. He confirmed that the quality of the downloaded file was much better.

Seems like I will have to ask clients to download the file directly in order to check the work from now on.

Seriously how is this OK? 20% off every order and we get such a road block?

😡. Pfffft rant over!

• Like 9

No I definitely do not think it’s acceptable and that’s not what I said.

Sorry I offended you. I think you misunderstood or took what I said in a way I didn’t intend it. I was trying to be helpful. All I meant was that the average person will not realize it’s been compressed and actually has had the sound degraded unless you let them know that. I hope this explains it better so you see what I meant.

I know it’s a problem. I was trying to figure out some kind of solution. I agree 100% that it shouldn’t be happening.

What I meant was that the average listener to the compressed samples will not think it sounds horrible and they will not realize it’s been compressed. I didn’t say it was acceptable to have it compressed. I can’t explain it any more but they need to hear how it sounds uncompressed, since it sounds so much better. And to that end I tried to find a solution until fiverr stops compressing them.

Thanks for clearing that up, and for your input 🙂

• Like 8