Auto reply option!

garaphicx98

Even if you never say you design logos in your gig (eg. a gig where you animate someone’s logo) and you even put an FAQ line saying you don’t design logos, you can still have people messaging you asking if you design logos or to design them an animated logo (where they don’t have a logo).

Also, there is very limited number of characters available in FAQ questions/answers and also limited space in a gig description. An automated response could allow better than that (doesn’t have to be as limited) and can be as specific to the buyer’s question as the seller can create the responses and give a fast answer. It could also mean the buyer won’t need to spend a long time going through everything in the gig description - the auto response could give the a fast and accurate enough answer

The above thing about the logo was just an example though. There could be many times were a response 8 hours earlier than the seller’s response could be beneficial to the buyer. It could save them a lot of time and maybe also money.

In my opinion, there’s no point in the buyer taking time to contact you, only to receive an automated reply, and then still having to wait for a proper answer. It would first of all undermine the customer service experience, the level system,

They might not need to wait for another message from the seller if the automated reply tells them everything required. It wouldn’t undermine the level system - it’s based on more than just response rate and Fiverr could still require a manual response if they thought it necessary. Or they could have an option like “This fully answered the question” after automated responses that they could press or not which could determine whether a manual response later was required. And that could be taken into account in the evaluation stats.

Also they wouldn’t need to be “waiting” for an answer later from you. eg. if they know you don’t design logos they can go immediately to one of the thousands of sellers who do to get their logo done. It’s saved them a lot of time instead of having to wait eg. 8 hours to know the answer.

Even if you never say you design logos in your gig (eg. a gig where you animate someone’s logo) and you even put an FAQ line saying you don’t design logos, you can still have people messaging you asking if you design logos or to design them an animated logo (where they don’t have a logo).

Yes, you can. And you can also make a form response to address this, and with the click of a button, you can send that message off to the buyer.

I’m assuming you’re not just talking about an auto-reply, but a chatbot. Anything else would be insanely unaccurate.

I know it was just an example - but I used it to explain what should be focused on - rather than enabling laziness among the sellers.

You could have many things, and I’m sure Fiverr has considered developing chatbots to address the need for fast responses, but since we’re not seeing that after so many years, I also assume that the experts don’t see the need for it, and neither do I.

• Like 17

But they can’t necessarily be made as specific to the buyer’s question and they might have to wait many hours for a response where the full answer could have been given to them immediately with a proper auto-response. Waiting eg. 8 hours has wasted their time and probably money.

And personally I find that the green dot solves this problem. If I need something fast, I’ll message buyers that are online this very moment. If that seller isn’t able to respond quickly, that is a problem with the seller, not the system.

• Like 17

And personally I find that the green dot solves this problem. If I need something fast, I’ll message buyers that are online this very moment. If that seller isn’t able to respond quickly, that is a problem with the seller, not the system.

And you just had a flaw in your logic. If the form responses can’t be made specific enough for buyers questions, then how can the auto-reply function be specific enough?

• Like 16

But they can’t necessarily be made as specific to the buyer’s question and they might have to wait many hours for a response where the full answer could have been given to them immediately with a proper auto-response. Waiting eg. 8 hours has wasted their time and probably money.

You can tailor them. They aren’t sent automatically.

If a seller isn’t available in that time and it is a time sensitive offer, sending a form response saying you will get back to them doesn’t do anything. You still need to have a conversation to verify suitability and also wait for the job to be completed. If a buyer’s need is that time sensitive they are going to message several people and work with whoever they can approve through conversation first, not message one person and wait to see if they are suitable. A placeholder solves none of these problems.

• Like 15

Yes, you can. And you can also make a form response to address this, and with the click of a button, you can send that message off to the buyer.

I’m assuming you’re not just talking about an auto-reply, but a chatbot. Anything else would be insanely unaccurate.

I know it was just an example - but I used it to explain what should be focused on - rather than enabling laziness among the sellers.

You could have many things, and I’m sure Fiverr has considered developing chatbots to address the need for fast responses, but since we’re not seeing that after so many years, I also assume that the experts don’t see the need for it, and neither do I.

And chatbots aren’t suitable for personally fulfilled freelance services, anyway, only as-is, non-personalized products.

• Like 15

If a seller isn’t available in that time and it is a time sensitive offer, sending a form response saying you will get back to them doesn’t do anything. You still need to have a conversation to verify suitability and also wait for the job to be completed. If a buyer’s need is that time sensitive they are going to message several people and work with whoever they can approve through conversation first, not message one person and wait to see if they are suitable. A placeholder solves none of these problems.

You can make response templates for most asked questions that you are getting in your inbox. For all other messages/questions, you need to answer yourself.

If a seller isn’t available in that time and it is a time sensitive offer, sending a form response saying you will get back to them doesn’t do anything.

Exactly

If a buyer’s need is that time sensitive they are going to message several people and work with whoever they can approve through conversation first

Totally agree

• Like 15

And you just had a flaw in your logic. If the form responses can’t be made specific enough for buyers questions, then how can the auto-reply function be specific enough?

If the form responses can’t be made specific enough for buyers questions, then how can the auto-reply function be specific enough?

Okay maybe they could but there’s a limited number of chars displayed, so in your titles for them you probably can’t be too specific. The more you add the longer it can take you to visually find the one you want if you think there’s a relevant one.

An auto response (or if you want to call it a chatbot but I don’t think it would be totally like that) could take the exact text of the user’s message into account and automatically (and quickly) find the best response(s) to give. And much faster than the hours it might take for the seller to give the same reply.

• Like 12

If a seller isn’t available in that time and it is a time sensitive offer, sending a form response saying you will get back to them doesn’t do anything

It helps them know quicker if you can’t/don’t provide a particular service, as they can then go to another seller for that service, and maybe return later for services you do provide. So they can go to the other seller now instead of in eg. 8 hours time.

• Like 13

If the form responses can’t be made specific enough for buyers questions, then how can the auto-reply function be specific enough?

Okay maybe they could but there’s a limited number of chars displayed, so in your titles for them you probably can’t be too specific. The more you add the longer it can take you to visually find the one you want if you think there’s a relevant one.

An auto response (or if you want to call it a chatbot but I don’t think it would be totally like that) could take the exact text of the user’s message into account and automatically (and quickly) find the best response(s) to give. And much faster than the hours it might take for the seller to give the same reply.

Forms would be handy and efficient, but still wouldn’t address the time sensitivity. The buyer would still widen their options to make sure they can get the job done on time and they would still favour the earliest qualifying conversation.

• Like 14

You’re talking about a chatbot here. Your description is exactly that: a chatbot. These are meant to be used for shallow customer service inquiries at big companies. As a freelancer, you’re supposed to be an individual, not hiding behind auto-replies and bots. At least that is what most clients will expect of you.

Your gig page should inform the buyer right away about what services you provide and don’t provide. If more information is needed, it is my opinion that this should be handled by the seller personally.

I know for sure which seller I would pick: the seller who takes his or hers time to respond properly to my message. If it is time-sensitive, I will contact several sellers, and the first proper, personal answer I get, is likely to get the job. I want to know that the person has actually read the message, understood my project, and is interested in working with me. An auto-reply solves none of the above.

• Like 16

If a seller isn’t available in that time and it is a time sensitive offer, sending a form response saying you will get back to them doesn’t do anything

It helps them know quicker if you can’t/don’t provide a particular service, as they can then go to another seller for that service, and maybe return later for services you do provide. So they can go to the other seller now instead of in eg. 8 hours time.

But that is what I am saying. They are going to go to a bunch of sellers from the get-go if it is that time sensitive and they are going to favor whichever qualified conversation comes first. They aren’t going to message one person and wait to see if they can do it. People use Fiverr because they can get things last minute and with no fuss.

Also, what you are referring to are forms, not personal messages, and Fiverr would never, ever enable forms as a first round of communication here. It isn’t going to happen.

• Like 15

You’re talking about a chatbot here. Your description is exactly that: a chatbot. These are meant to be used for shallow customer service inquiries at big companies. As a freelancer, you’re supposed to be an individual, not hiding behind auto-replies and bots. At least that is what most clients will expect of you.

Your gig page should inform the buyer right away about what services you provide and don’t provide. If more information is needed, it is my opinion that this should be handled by the seller personally.

I know for sure which seller I would pick: the seller who takes his or hers time to respond properly to my message. If it is time-sensitive, I will contact several sellers, and the first proper, personal answer I get, is likely to get the job. I want to know that the person has actually read the message, understood my project, and is interested in working with me. An auto-reply solves none of the above.

You’re talking about a chatbot here. Your description is exactly that: a chatbot

Not necessarily but similar. It just doesn’t need initial messages etc. or a full conversation. All it needs is to respond to individual messages from a buyer. Or maybe also take info from past messages from the buyer into account too if it was set up like that or the seller specified that.

• Like 14

You’re talking about a chatbot here. Your description is exactly that: a chatbot

Not necessarily but similar. It just doesn’t need initial messages etc. or a full conversation. All it needs is to respond to individual messages from a buyer. Or maybe also take info from past messages from the buyer into account too if it was set up like that or the seller specified that.

In my experience, the conversation would go something like this:

Buyer: Hi! I would like to order a logo animation.

Bot: I’m sorry, but I don’t provide logo design.

Buyer: What? I didn’t ask for a design but animation.

Bot: I’m sorry, but I don’t understand your message. A real person will get back to you soon.

:rofl:

• Like 19

you can’t compare yourself as a robot and if you can your clients don’t trust you ,hopefully you understand.

Affirmative. However it can help the buyers and give them answers they might need faster, which can be in addition to the seller’s responses. It can also save them time and probably money. If it benefits the buyer (and probably seller) why is it not a good idea?

• Like 12

Affirmative. However it can help the buyers and give them answers they might need faster, which can be in addition to the seller’s responses. It can also save them time and probably money. If it benefits the buyer (and probably seller) why is it not a good idea?

Could be solved by having a link to the FAQ section in the inbox if the seller is offline.

“This buyer isn’t online right now. Feel free to send a message, or read the sellers FAQ for more information about their service” etc. etc.

• Like 15

Could be solved by having a link to the FAQ section in the inbox if the seller is offline.

“This buyer isn’t online right now. Feel free to send a message, or read the sellers FAQ for more information about their service” etc. etc.

Yes.

And chatbots aren’t appropriate as a response to freelance queries, anyway. They are for product fulfillment.

I like the form idea, but not as a replacement for the first interaction, as we have discussed.

• Like 17

Yes.

And chatbots aren’t appropriate as a response to freelance queries, anyway. They are for product fulfillment.

I like the form idea, but not as a replacement for the first interaction, as we have discussed.

And chatbots aren’t appropriate as a response to freelance queries, anyway

They’re also used for customer service, which this could be part of.

• Like 12

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Hey guyz

read everyone’s comment and the discusssions.

i think there is 50-50% of those who think its best option and it is not good.

thanks all for your time on my topic

i think fiverr team should read all these and make some editions haha

• Like 11

• 10 months later...

I think there should be to. Especially if you are out of the office or worst case you experience technical problems. Fiverr is forcing commuication between buyer and seller within minimal answering times. Which creates more rapport. Good point.
One could always have a “Mail Template Quick” List to copy and paste. That’s a good way of solving this problem

• Like 11