Auto reply option!

garaphicx98

I think there should be to. Especially if you are out of the office or worst case you experience technical problems. Fiverr is forcing commuication between buyer and seller within minimal answering times. Which creates more rapport. Good point.

One could always have a “Mail Template Quick” List to copy and paste. That’s a good way of solving this problem

If you’re out of office, you can stop your gigs. Or you can have your phone nearby and reply once a day to messages.

No one is forcing people to work on Fiverr, nor are they forced to communicate with anyone. But if you want to offer services here and reach success, you should at least reply once per day. I understand not everyone is a Fiverr full timer, but since you can reply at any time within 24 hours, even if you open up your inbox once per day you will be fine.

• Like 17

If you aren’t using mobile this maybe a good feature such as if the seller should respond in 24 hours however most people have mobile to respond quickly and Fiverr already also a 24 hour window for response. Sending a bot message will not guarantee the buyer isn’t going to message another seller, especially if It a time sensitive project. If you are worried about your response rate maybe use the mobile, even with all its faults to respond quickly to buyers.

• Like 14

If you aren’t using mobile this maybe a good feature such as if the seller should respond in 24 hours however most people have mobile to respond quickly and Fiverr already also a 24 hour window for response. Sending a bot message will not guarantee the buyer isn’t going to message another seller, especially if It a time sensitive project. If you are worried about your response rate maybe use the mobile, even with all its faults to respond quickly to buyers.

If you aren’t using mobile this maybe a good feature

If you’re a serious seller, adding the app on your mobile phone is a must-have.

• Like 16

If you aren’t using mobile this maybe a good feature

If you’re a serious seller, adding the app on your mobile phone is a must-have.

Yes that is the point I was making excepts about the serious seller part, I think every seller should be using mobile, can’t really see if you can be serious unless you really test how much you can sell your gigs.

• Like 14

Yes that is the point I was making excepts about the serious seller part, I think every seller should be using mobile, can’t really see if you can be serious unless you really test how much you can sell your gigs.

Well, a lot of people here just create a gig and forget about the website because they don’t get orders. They don’t promote themselves or just expect Fiverr to deliver orders. It might help sometimes, but the truth is that you can’t expect Fiverr to hand you orders. You need to do something for those orders yourself.

So yes, installing the app, promoting yourself and so on, these are pivotal things to consider.

• Like 16

I think there should be to. Especially if you are out of the office or worst case you experience technical problems. Fiverr is forcing commuication between buyer and seller within minimal answering times. Which creates more rapport. Good point.

One could always have a “Mail Template Quick” List to copy and paste. That’s a good way of solving this problem

No buyer wants an automated message. If they message you it’s because they want to talk to you live. They aren’t going to wait for you to come back to buy the service.

If you aren’t available to fulfill a service, you shouldn’t waste buyers’ time letting them consider you and reach out to you for something you aren’t able to do when they ask for it. It’s selfish and rude.

Think about what buyers want and need, not about what you do.

No one who messages a seller wants to get a response from a bot.

• Like 14

No buyer wants an automated message. If they message you it’s because they want to talk to you live. They aren’t going to wait for you to come back to buy the service.

If you aren’t available to fulfill a service, you shouldn’t waste buyers’ time letting them consider you and reach out to you for something you aren’t able to do when they ask for it. It’s selfish and rude.

What if the bots answers are just as good or better than the sellers? 🙂

If it helps the buyer in some way (eg. gives the time the seller will answer or gives more info for them it will be better than no info until the seller answers).

I had a buyer ask a question that could have been answered by typing “define x” in a search engine. If someone asks the same question again an auto-response could be used and would give a faster answer, helping the buyer faster.

A bot might be able to fully answer their question if the seller has entered the right auto-response. eg. it could let the buyer know straight away if the seller does a particular service and if not, they can straight away go to a different seller, saving the buyer some time waiting for a non-automated response from the original seller.

• Like 14

What if the bots answers are just as good or better than the sellers? 🙂

If it helps the buyer in some way (eg. gives the time the seller will answer or gives more info for them it will be better than no info until the seller answers).

I had a buyer ask a question that could have been answered by typing “define x” in a search engine. If someone asks the same question again an auto-response could be used and would give a faster answer, helping the buyer faster.

A bot might be able to fully answer their question if the seller has entered the right auto-response. eg. it could let the buyer know straight away if the seller does a particular service and if not, they can straight away go to a different seller, saving the buyer some time waiting for a non-automated response from the original seller.

If sellers can predict and answer questions buyers have that aren’t about specific projects they can put them in their gig description and scope.

When people message they expect a live person and they generally have a question specific to their particular project and need, like to assess suitability.

In any case, if a buyer wants something now and they’re taking the time to review a gig that isn’t even available when they need it, that’s a waste of their time.

If a buyer is looking for something now, it’s not so they can order it three months from now when you come back.

• Like 14

If sellers can predict and answer questions buyers have that aren’t about specific projects they can put them in their gig description and scope.

When people message they expect a live person and they generally have a question specific to their particular project and need, like to assess suitability.

In any case, if a buyer wants something now and they’re taking the time to review a gig that isn’t even available when they need it, that’s a waste of their time.

If a buyer is looking for something now, it’s not so they can order it three months from now when you come back.

There’s a limit to the amount of space in the gig description and there’s a limit of 10 questions in the FAQ. Also buyers don’t always fully read the description.

eg. In a gig I say right near the top that I use software X for that gig, and I get a message saying they have a project and I must use software Y for it (which I don’t have). That’s another place where an auto-response could have been used - I’d already said I used software X in the description and they didn’t read it. If I’d mentioned software Y anywhere in the gig to say I don’t use it that would have helped find the gig if anyone searched for that (giving irrelevant search results).

• Like 13

Yes but often a professional response can come off as if a bot wrote it. Eventually even the person sayings comes of as robotic.

Yes but the determination if you can fulfill an order is based on what the buyer is asking so you have to respond anyway.

• Like 14

• 7 months later...

Would you like to get a auto reply when inquiring?

Of course if it gave me helpful/useful information and gave a reply hours faster than a real reply. If what I asked couldn’t be answered properly with an auto reply or wasn’t, the seller could reply manually as soon as they could.

Fiverr is basically doing things similar to Amazon in some ways (I’m sure they said something like that), eg. allowing simple ordering of services as easily as you could order a product on Amazon. Amazon has the automated help chat thing (customer support) before you get passed onto a real person if that can’t help you enough. So they could do the same sort of thing for buyers asking questions to sellers.

• Like 13

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone,
I have already had a case where I received a message at night while sleeping, so in the morning when I saw the message I could no longer answer because the message was already locked.
I want to set up an automatic response for these cases, but there is no option, I don't have the setting for an automatic response.
Does anyone know the situation and can help?
If it is also impossible to give an automatic response, what can be done with messages during sleep?
Because if you don't answer in time it also lowers the rating as I know.
Thanks to all the helpers

• Like 9

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Now that we have the auto-reply option, I'm just wondering how effective people think it is.

I've had it on for a while and find it annoying, but maybe I'm just (getting old) using it wrong. @uk1000, may I ask what you have in yours?

Also, the reason I searched for this topic is that I can't figure out where to edit or turn it off because it's been about 9 months since I created it.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

Also, the reason I searched for this topic is I can't figure out where to edit it or turn it off because it's been about 9 months since I created it.

Click the lightning icon at the bottom of the inbox page - the same one used for quick responses. After you press it, the last option in the menu is "set auto reply". And after clicking that there you can enable/disable it.

For most of the time I haven't used it because it's not unique enough. You can't set a response if the buyer has messaged after going to a particular gig and you can't make it based on the message text they've sent.

I only this year enabled it because Fiverr's email notifications weren't working so I was sending very late responses - and Fiverr probably was suggesting I create one. First. I basically said I'd get back to them as soon as I can and mentioned that problem (but when it worked I took it out).

Mine probably isn't good as it's not been successful. But I put in basically "Hello. Thanks for your message. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. " and then mentioned they could leave details about what they require/references for the sort of thing they want etc, but saying "(if applicable)" as on some gigs the won't be needed. That's one reason why it would be better if we could make more specific responses instead of just 1.

So I might remove it later as it probably isn't worded that well/might not really be helping. eg. if they get that message and then I respond soon after. Maybe it would also be better if it could be set up to only send it during certain hours when you'd be less likely to respond quickly.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, uk1000 said:

But I put in basically "Hello. Thanks for your message. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. " and then mentioned they could leave details about what they require/references for the sort of thing they want etc,

Thank you, again. That's pretty much what I have at the moment and it hasn't led to more information about their needs.

• Like 3