POLL 📊 Which day of the work do you take off? Or do you?

miiila

poll2  

124 members have voted

1. 1. poll2

• Yep, OoO or nothing for me!
    • No! Are you mad?! I’m scared of OoO!
    • My delivery times allow me to take time off anyhow
    • I edit my gig/s to avoid using OoO mode
    • I pause my gig/s
    • Other

To the second part of your question, I do 3-4 days deliveries and I am adamantly against anything extra fast so having 1-2 days off doesn’t require using OoO for me.

If I want to step away for longer, OoO it is. I found that after 7-10 away my gig recovers just fine. I answer some messages in the meantime and form a queue so I have some orders coming in immediately after I’m back so maybe that helps the recovery process? I’ve read horror stories about gigs dying after a week off but it hasn’t been the case for me.

To the second part of your question, I do 3-4 days deliveries and I am adamantly against anything extra fast so having 1-2 days off doesn’t require using OoO for me.

If I want to step away for longer, OoO it is. I found that after 7-10 away my gig recovers just fine. I answer some messages in the meantime and form a queue so I have some orders coming in immediately after I’m back so maybe that helps the recovery process? I’ve read horror stories about gigs dying after a week off but it hasn’t been the case for me.

so I have some orders coming in immediately after I’m back so maybe that helps the recovery process?

Yes, I think so. Regular clients also are a beautiful thing (not just for this but also for this reason). 🙂

This is so true! When business is great as a freelancer and you need the money, it can be very tempting to work in ways that contradict our personal needs. So it’s important to make rules for ourselves about our self-care. We must take care of our health, responsibilities and general happiness.

I like your plan, @rebekahgillian. It’s important to allocate time to certain projects to prevent them infringing on other things. If I spend three hours a day responding to inquiries here, that renders the revenue from orders almost void. It’s important to be systematic about it and this also really serves self-care. I also don’t want to be depriving myself of other income because I’m too preoccupied with Fiverr.

Nice post @humanissocial

“Always on” can contradict our peronal needs and even for self-confessed workaholics, time away from tasks provides clarity and perspective.

Even in elite sports, recovery is part of the weekly and daily process.

Nice post @humanissocial

“Always on” can contradict our peronal needs and even for self-confessed workaholics, time away from tasks provides clarity and perspective.

Even in elite sports, recovery is part of the weekly and daily process.

Thank you! I refer to it as “recharging” because, as you say, it’s productive. When you invest in your wellbeing, you’re creating sustainability for your business.

Archived