New to Fiverr? Read this BEFORE you ask "How to get Buyers?" [ARCHIVED]

voiceoverwork

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest norrsken_marc

Reply to @madmoo: Some people would rather have a “one-button solution” for all their problems. Seems like every new day brings about yet another newcomer with the same questions, when the answers to everything is so readily available here. I love the wealth of information I get to read for free in the forum. Cheers

Guest myportfolio

Thanks for your post,am new here and i think i should be adjusting my gig title and description as relate to keyword selections.

Reply to @xsidibo: hi 🙂 but on your profile I see that you are a ‘a Facebook Online Marketer’, so why don’t you use for your own promotion the skills you just use for your potential clients? 🙂

Another point is that your profile picture looks like it is taken from the web, that is something that is not so much according to Fiverr guidelines. So I suggest you start from changing you profile picture to one that you own the copyright.

all the best 🙂

Reply to @myportfolio: Hi and welcome to Fiverr. I think your gig description and your profile picture (eyes covered in photoshop by something like ‘glasses’) are not helping you much. As a potential buyer, they both leave me with a feeling of uncertainty. I propose that you visit gigs that are similar to yours, the most successful ones but (important) do not copy-paste. Just see how they welcome their buyers and describe.

all the best:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much for the advice. I’ve been on fiverr for a few months and try to be active about looking at buyer requests but have only had two sales so far. I’ve made a few tweaks to my gig description in the hopes that it will help. I appreciate the tips!

Hi. I am new here. I’ve read most of the posts with tips for new sellers. I followed most of the advice that I came across. However, I still do not have any sales and have had only a few views. I used SEO keywords. I made sure to use tags. I shared on a bunch of social networking sites. I researched what the top sellers in my category were offering and offer to write more words than most sellers do. But, nothing seems to be working.

Is there a lack of jobs in my category ? If so, I can try a different one.

Guest mohsinraza50

Thanks for posting this. I’ve been on Fiverr for less than a month and have already got 11 orders. Very happy to see how it has started for me. I just wanted to know what if the orders stop coming in all of a sudden? Wait? React? How should one go about it?

HI

I applied approx all your tips… I had 14 gigs…I removed all and created 4 new gigs… I my opinion my new gigs are perfect now. But Still I am waiting for my first sale… Its my 5th month on fiverr. I am full time freelancer. I have more than 4 year experience in freelancing and 16 year experience in photography.

Please have a look at my gigs and guide me… How can I get sales???

Thanks for all the tips! I’ve put the majority of them in place. In my humble opinion my profile page and gigs look amazing. Love your feedback but please be gentle.

I am very new and very addicted which explains this very early morning entry. Time for bed. Night everyone.

Sorry to double up on the questions, but I have one more. How much difference does it make if I use images and a voiceover for my gig videos as opposed to being on camera? I had a video rejected because my webcam isn’t very good, so I’m wondering whether voice+images would do the trick or if I absolutely must find a way to be on camera myself.

Archived