New to Fiverr? Read this BEFORE you ask "How to get Buyers?" [ARCHIVED]

voiceoverwork

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are great tips I changed my gig a bit (I have an art gig). I have a lot to learn. I went away from fiverr for a bit and I would like to get back on. I think the hardest thing is for people to know my gig actually exists and the competition. And also that in the past people have asked more than I can offer for $5 so I had to turn people down!! 😦

Reply to @zzeuzz:

Grammar wise… 1 of your extras is confusing…

"I will accept your tip for encourage me or showing your satisfaction/ otherwise you can have the PSD file"

If you’re looking for a tip just say… "I will accept your tip to show your satisfaction"

To get a bigger sale just say… "I will deliver a PSD file"

Tips are nice, but adding the PSD increases the value of the gig.

Hello all! I wanted to start by saying thank you for all of the effort invested by those who have taken the time to offer so much great information. Just reading only a fraction of the forum shines valuable light on how one can discover success on Fiverr.

I do quite a bit of technical teaching and training so I wanted to offer a little suggestion. That is to experience things from the other side. You gain valuable insight from a different perspective.

I am not a seller here on Fiverr… yet. My point is that I have worked with the Fiverr system and have been a serious BUYER FIRST.

"Be that which you seek"

I have purchased gigs and received some very great (and not so wonderful) services for projects I really care about. One of my favorite logos is one created by an artist on Fiverr. Now I know what it is like to be a buyer, what I look for, how I feel when I am ignored, how I feel when some one really cares for the work they do, how payments work, what the system looks like from a buyers point of view etc. Plus it was easy and fun 😉

Maybe some people need to get more involved and support the community and the incredible talent found here on Fiverr. I can say by doing so, I am more educated and feel much more confident about what I am getting myself into while planning to become a serious seller.

This quote is hanging in my studio and it is one of my favorites:

"3 hours of frustrating trial and error will save you 10 minutes of research and reading."

Thanks again for all of the great info. FYI, I love the fact that you don’t allow outbound links. It helps keep the place clean 😉

• 2 weeks later...

@sandystorm

Hi and welcome.

Sometimes sales are brisk and other times not so much.

In looking at your gigs, several things jump out at me.

1. You have 3 totally unrelated gigs. This is confusing. 1 of your gigs has 9 sales and the other 2 have none. I would suspend the 2 with no sales and concentrate on the 1 with sales, and maybe create 1 additional gig that is closely related to the 1 gig.

2. Your bio profile… try making it more business like and professional. State your education or qualification. give Buyers confidence that you have the skills to do a great job. You have it your gig description. Move it to the profile, and use the gig description space to sell the product.

3. Gig description. Honestly, Buyers don’t care about you (Us). Your gig description should not waste any time or space telling a Buyer about you. It should be about the Buyer, the Offer and how the Offer will make their life better or help them get more sales.

Good luck! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

LOL I have been going through the forum for the last couple of days. There is a wealth of information available and there are some amazing people who have shared their stories, given tips. Then there are others who just say “HELP” without even bothering to read through the forum. I guess people think fiverr is a magic wand that you wave at and it starts coughing up $$$ to paypal.

Fiverr is most certainly not a make money fast kinda gig. You need to work on it. Developing and carefully crafting your gigs. I have learned so much along the way listening to top sellers and their tips and tricks. Reading the forums is a great way to learn and keep on top of things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived