New to Fiverr? Read this BEFORE you ask "How to get Buyers?" [ARCHIVED]

voiceoverwork

voiceoverwork said: To get keyword ideas, do a search for a service like yours, on any search engine. You can also check out similar Gigs on Fiverr with the following Google query: inurl:yourkeywordhere site:fiverr.com

Hmm. What if my product is the only one that shows up after this Google Search? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? (%) Thanks.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Side note, there are stock photos that are free to use, and there are “stock photos” that are free for commercial use, or, to put it simply, for any use at all, without paying or crediting. It’s hard to find them but they exist. 🙂

Anyway, thank you for this list. It could be very useful for many people!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ashleyr4u

Thank you for all the great advice. I’m very new to fiverr so haven’t had any sales yet (don’t even think my gig is showing on my page yet) and am very nervous about it all, but will read up on everything I can find to try and make my time here as fun and profitable as possible.

Thanks so much for helping those of us just starting out 🙂

Great tips…

I have used most of these tips and that is how I am a level 2 seller now. Also you should provide exceptional service to the buyers so they keep coming back to you whenever they need anything.

If you are out of sight then you are out of mind.

Hi. Thanks for the tips. I’ve been on Fiverr for a couple of days. I studied the forum tips before I posted my gigs. So far, I’ve had 2 orders and have delivered both. I do not think those 2 sales amount to much, considering the effort I put in in order to get even them. Prior to joining Fiverr, I read a lot of articles where sellers claim to have made over a thousand dollars a month doing gigs on here. Earning just $4 per gig, that would mean over 250 orders per month. I think it’s articles like that which contribute to the high expectations many newbies have. Obviously, having unrealistic expectations can lead to disappointment and frustration. I wouldn’t be surprised if many newbies just up and leave the site because of that. If that happens in large numbers, it might bother Fiverr executives because it will no doubt impede profit growth. But, I don’t see that bothering established sellers very much. After all, more sellers means more competition for customers. I am beginning to think the keys to success on here have a lot to do with doing your homework and being competitive. For example, research the category that you sell in. What are the top sellers offering ? If they offer an hour of work for $5.00, then offer 2 or 3 hours for a gig. If a top seller is offer 500 words for a gig, offer more. If someone offers one graphic offer more. Always keep tabs on your category and try to offer more than the other sellers. That alone should attract some buyers. Then. with the help of positive feedback from those initial sales, more customers should be attracted to your gigs. That’s what I’m going to try and see what happens with my sales figures. I’ll report back with results, later.

Archived