Fiverr Messaged me asking to verify my account

geckotechgpt

Question

Posted (edited)

I have today received a message on the official fiverr message board advising my account is blocked until I input my bank account details including my CVC code, I didn't do it and think this is a Scam, can anyone confirm please.

I did go to the QR code on my phone, is this a security violation and do I need to change my password.

Please help as unsure what to do I am very new to Fiverr

Oh and hello all I wish you well and hope to spend many a happy year here 

If people have been scammed take screenshots of everything and contact your bank immediately, so anyone that has entered their details to the QR site, you have given your details to scammers by contacting your bank immediately they can freeze your account if you do it in time.

I have clicked back on he message and by clicking on the user you can see the account has no responses and was created in May 24 so if you do receive messages again, click on where it says fiverr support and it will give you a clue as to if the message is real or a scam 

Fiverr Screenshot 2024-05-04 140631 - Geckotech.png

Scam Fiverrr Scam.png

Edited by geckotechgpt
updated my reply with important information
  • Like 4

6 answers to this question

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ana_tomy said:

Hi @geckotechgpt, please read our Terms of Service, you'll see that our Customer Support team never contacts you via chat. You'll also find info on how to proceed with scammers like this one, so that the team can block them from the platform. If you need any additional reading material on how to become successful, feel free to let me know and I'll provide you with some reading material. Thanks for understanding and good luck 🍀

Instead of just expecting everyone to decipher the wall of legalese  TOS, maybe Fiverr should think about throwing up a warning about scams that misuse the Fiverr brand. This scam has been making the rounds for a while, and plenty of sellers have fallen right into it.

When your brand is getting abused like that, it's on you to step up and make sure sellers know what's up in a clear, no-nonsense way.

May I suggest a message at the top of the inbox, letting sellers know that any request for their credit card info isn't coming from Fiverr? Here, I'll even write it for you: 

"Fiverr support or Fiverr staff will never ask you to provide your credit card information or to use such information to verify your Fiverr account." 

P.S. Support might not contact you through chat, but Fiverr staff certainly do, including your editorial team. 

P.S.S. You're still allowing scammers to use "Support" and "Fiverr" in their usernames. 

🙃

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4
  • Up 2

Hi @geckotechgpt, please read our Terms of Service, you'll see that our Customer Support team never contacts you via chat. You'll also find info on how to proceed with scammers like this one, so that the team can block them from the platform. If you need any additional reading material on how to become successful, feel free to let me know and I'll provide you with some reading material. Thanks for understanding and good luck 🍀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, smashradio said:

May I suggest a message at the top of the inbox, letting sellers know that any request for their credit card info isn't coming from Fiverr? Here, I'll even write it for you: 

I suggested similar things here, so maybe Fiverr could do some of those things too:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, uk1000 said:

I suggested similar things here, so maybe Fiverr could do some of those things too:

Yeah it doesn't take much, but as usual, Fiverr is really slow to respond to scams and inbox spam. 

• Like 2
  • Up 3

7 hours ago, ana_tomy said:

please read our Terms of Service, you'll see that our Customer Support team never contacts you via chat

I don't see where it says in the TOS that the customer support team never contacts users via (the inbox) chat. Maybe it should say something like that in the TOS if it doesn't already, but it would be better if it also said it in a clear way such as through emails or message to all users who don't know about it, like has been suggested, talking specifically about the scam messages and how to spot them and report them. Maybe it could show a mock-up of what a scam message might look like for them to avoid it.

• Like 3
  • Up 1