Help! I gave out my phone number!

joeywrites

You must have given out your detail too but didn’t make it public. I get it now…😄

You must have given out your detail too but didn’t make it public. I get it now…😄

Please carefully read again

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

The above is from the Terms of Service.

Please carefully read again

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

The above is from the Terms of Service.

I got it the first time. I am waiting for a reply to the mail I sent. I just found his comment funny. You know, sometimes you smile even when there are tears in your eyes to show the world that you are strong and would definitely bounce back.

Hope you get it now?

I got it the first time. I am waiting for a reply to the mail I sent. I just found his comment funny. You know, sometimes you smile even when there are tears in your eyes to show the world that you are strong and would definitely bounce back.

Hope you get it now?

Hope you get it now?

No, what you did was putting vickie as a doubtful person and that’s not funny! 😠

She never said giving her personal contact details, she said she talks about personal details which is a very different thing!. Personal detail could be as simple as how lovely are her grandchildren!

Hope you get it now?

No, what you did was putting vickie as a doubtful person and that’s not funny! 😠

She never said giving her personal contact details, she said she talks about personal details which is a very different thing!. Personal detail could be as simple as how lovely are her grandchildren!

I never did. Are you sure I was the one you wanted quoting originally? I quoted the young man and replied his comment. Vickie has been helpful and I appreciate it.

I agree. I have many buyers who have become like friends. I talk with them about personal details with them and I have never received any warnings.

if you not received any warning why you scared us?

if you not received any warning why you scared us?

As @maitasun said I did not share my personal contact information. If I had shared my phone number, I would be worried. On top of that, I would not got CS and tell them I did for fear of getting a warning.

Personal detail could be as simple as how lovely are her grandchildren!

In fact, I do talk about my children, grandchildren and husband. We also talk about the weather, and other things of that type.

I never did. Are you sure I was the one you wanted quoting originally? I quoted the young man and replied his comment. Vickie has been helpful and I appreciate it.

I never did. Are you sure I was the one you wanted quoting originally? I quoted the young man and replied his comment.

You didn’t quote whom you’re saying you did. In fact, you quoted nobody, just replied.

To give you the benefit of the doubt, I’ll take what you’re saying as true, only adding to please quote correctly next time before replying to anyone. This, in order to avoid such types of misunderstandings.

This seems like one of those things that should be obvious to the average person. Like “don’t put your hand on a hot burner” or “Don’t let people on FaceB know you are going on vacation and your house will be empty for a couple of weeks” but I guess it really isn’t.

Why would you give your personal contact information with a complete stranger? Were you planning on chatting them up to go to dinner?

This seems like one of those things that should be obvious to the average person. Like “don’t put your hand on a hot burner” or “Don’t let people on FaceB know you are going on vacation and your house will be empty for a couple of weeks” but I guess it really isn’t.

Why would you give your personal contact information with a complete stranger? Were you planning on chatting them up to go to dinner?

I came here seeking for advise. Like I said earlier, I had sent in the number before it occurred to me. Does that make me less than an average person?

I came here seeking for advise. Like I said earlier, I had sent in the number before it occurred to me. Does that make me less than an average person?

Of course it doesn’t make you lesser than. However, it just seems like a dumb thing to do. Once your number gets out there, there is very little you can do about that except get a new number. Sooner or later, you might even start getting calls from scammers, etc. Not pleasant, trust me.

That said, there is really little to give you in terms of advice. You can’t take your number back from this person. So all you can do is hope that they are nice about it.

In terms of the TOS… just hope they are understanding and just give you a slap on the wrist. Nothing else can really be done at this point.

Joey, it’s plain to see,you made a innocent mistake. People make mistakes of some type all the time, even the meanies on board. Don’t beat yourself on the head over it. You’d done better, if you’d just kept that blooper to yourself and maybe at the discretion of a fiverr admin…because these posters on this thread appear totally heartless. They come on as if they’re all perfect…Really? Joey, just chop it off as a mistake, keep it moving. Lesson learned. You say you’ve reported this yourself…Oh well.

• 1 year later...

Archived