How do you handle overdue invoices and get difficult clients to pay?

evareder

Question

Every contract should say exactly what the service is that will be done in clear language, and what the payment will be, and when it will be made.

Each party needs to sign and date the contract. A simple contract can be one or two sentences.

There should be a penalty mentioned for lack of performance for either party also.

Guest alabamoon

I would be interested more if you could show an example because a contract I think should have, “offer, acceptance and consideration” as you clearly stated

On April 12 2018, I ________________________(name) agree to draw two original designs for a logo with the name Ajax Plumbing, in red and white.

I will provide these drawings to my client ___________________(name) no later than April 18 2018.

On or before April 20 2018 I will be paid $350 in cash or by Paypal by my client
______________________(name).

If I fail to provide these drawings on said date, this agreement will be null and void and no further action about it will be taken by me or my client.

If my client ___________________________(name) fails to pay me $350 by said date, they agree to pay me $450 no later than April 28 2018.

This is the full complete agreement between the two above named parties.

Signed _____________________________ seller/artist date_____________

Signed______________________________ buyer date________________

Guest alabamoon

More grease to your elbow, I think this will go a long way to build trust between buyers and sellers. This I think should be enabled on fiverr.

Guest alabamoon

Contracts work best when the two parties are both near each other so if needed they can bring a lawsuit in a nearby court.

I think it could also work on a very far away distance. The punishment of such breached agreement, I think could be forfeiture of payment. Provided that the middle-man is aware

Guest alabamoon

I want to point out that AND CO is not for fiverr sellers.

It is for independent self employed freelancers.

Seconded, because fiverr herself is very vast and it could also require a great deal of energy to integrate this feature.

I always ask for full payment upfront (unless it is over $500 in which case I ask for a 50% deposit). With some clients I have a good relationship with and have received quick and hassle free payments, I will give them 7 day terms - but they have to prove themselves first.

Isn’t Fiverr a pay in advanced platform? So how can there be an overdue? Kind of comical, isn’t it a violation of TOS to deliver work before payment?

• Buyers pay Fiverr in advance to create an order.

Is Fiverr asking to violate their own TOS by using AND.CO (I don’t know how AND.CO works).

• Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through Fiverr.com.

Isn’t Fiverr a pay in advanced platform? So how can there be an overdue? Kind of comical, isn’t it a violation of TOS to deliver work before payment?

• Buyers pay Fiverr in advance to create an order.

Is Fiverr asking to violate their own TOS by using AND.CO (I don’t know how AND.CO works).

• Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through Fiverr.com.

and.co is owned by fiverr - this thread is in the and.co section of the forum 🙂

I got the notification about it. I think you’re missing the point here.

https://www.and.co

Is Not

https://www.Fiverr.com

I suspect perhaps you might be missing the point. This isn’t a discussion about fiverr payments, more freelancing payments in general, as and.co has a feature to help you manage your income - hence the post. This isn’t a fiverr discussion but an and.co discussion 🙂

and.co is a separate company to fiverr, but owned by fiverr

I suspect perhaps you might be missing the point. This isn’t a discussion about fiverr payments, more freelancing payments in general, as and.co has a feature to help you manage your income - hence the post. This isn’t a fiverr discussion but an and.co discussion 🙂

and.co is a separate company to fiverr, but owned by fiverr

https://forum.fiverr.com

Yes it is a different post and category. I don’t know may be TOS doesn’t apply to the forum.

Yes it is a different post and category. I don’t know may be TOS doesn’t apply to the forum.

The TOS does apply to the forum, but this part of the forum is about and.co, of course the link is allowed (as it is linking to a company owned by fiverr, discussed on a forum owned by fiverr linking to and about the company owned by fiverr!) I am not sure how else to explain it!

Archived