Is my Fiverr account in danger? 😒

negiservice

First of all did you ask the client for their email or did the client ask?

If you asked for the email, was it to finish any task of yours. For instance you would need the email address of the client in case you are designing a business card for him and have to incorporate that information on the card.

First of all did you ask the client for their email or did the client ask?

If you asked for the email, was it to finish any task of yours. For instance you would need the email address of the client in case you are designing a business card for him and have to incorporate that information on the card.

the client asked for my email.

The buyer gave his Fiverr login details as he wanted me to crate a gig on his account.

and now he is asking for my email and I denied him and Fiverr gave me a warning :roll_eyes:

The buyer gave his Fiverr login details as he wanted me to crate a gig on his account.

and now he is asking for my email and I denied him and Fiverr gave me a warning :roll_eyes:

The problem is because you used the words β€œoutside of Fiverr”. Any combination with β€œoutside” and β€œFiverr” will mark your message automatically as flagged for the Fiverr review team to review it. Never say β€œoutside of Fiverr” or β€œoutside Fiverr”, because the system will think you want to communicate outside of Fiverr πŸ˜‰

Considering that you didn’t ask your buyer to communicate β€œoutside of Fiverr”, but rather you copy/pasted from the TOS, your account will not be in danger.

More so, you can contact Customer Support and ask them to remove the false-positive flag πŸ˜‰

The problem is because you used the words β€œoutside of Fiverr”. Any combination with β€œoutside” and β€œFiverr” will mark your message automatically as flagged for the Fiverr review team to review it. Never say β€œoutside of Fiverr” or β€œoutside Fiverr”, because the system will think you want to communicate outside of Fiverr πŸ˜‰

Considering that you didn’t ask your buyer to communicate β€œoutside of Fiverr”, but rather you copy/pasted from the TOS, your account will not be in danger.

More so, you can contact Customer Support and ask them to remove the false-positive flag πŸ˜‰

Thank you so much for your valuable reply :slight_smile:

Why would you take someone else’s personal login information.

Why would you take someone else’s personal login information.

If you look again at the OP’s screenshot, he never took or asked for any personal info πŸ˜‰ It was the buyer who asked, not the seller/OP.

Guest offlinehelpers

I can see @woofy31 answered your question, but this bit bothers me:

You’re putting your account and that of your buyer at risk doing this - only ever login to your own Fiverr account.

You’re putting your account and that of your buyer at risk doing this - only ever login to your own Fiverr account.

@offlinehelpers what if the buyer shared the login details without even being asked? πŸ˜ƒ

@negiservice I hope you haven’t used those login details πŸ‘€

Guest offlinehelpers

@offlinehelpers what if the buyer shared the login details without even being asked? πŸ˜ƒ

@negiservice I hope you haven’t used those login details πŸ‘€

I can’t think of any situation where another Fiverr user would send me their login details, so can’t comment! β˜€οΈ

I did not ask him for giving his login details , he gave by his own.

image.png.cbafdd0590c8acee5a69b86e1e030e52.png

image.png.8bde2c6fee0941f2542748f184cbf41a.png

image.png.1f5d00eb942a7a55cb6be5769bedd73f.png

Guest offlinehelpers

I did not ask him for giving his login details , he gave by his own.

If you’re creating gig descriptions etc. you don’t ever need to access another Fiverr user’s account via teamviewer or not. You’re putting both your and their accounts at risk.

If you’re creating gig descriptions etc. you don’t ever need to access another Fiverr user’s account via teamviewer or not. You’re putting both your and their accounts at risk.

He told me to create 3 Fiverr gigs on his account and he said that he is not able to make gigs.

I have been flagged a couple of times. All false positives and the messages were later delivered and flags removed. They will put a notification when it delivers that they reviewed it and it is fine.

Sometimes a client tells me to insert sample@sampleclient.com at the end of a video. That gets flagged or I try to clarify something similar and that gets flagged.

Whenever a client tells you something that is against the TOS I think it is best to reply the client with a warning so if they eventually review the messages, you won’t be found wanting.

And that’s what you have done, so you should be fine

I have been flagged a couple of times. All false positives and the messages were later delivered and flags removed. They will put a notification when it delivers that they reviewed it and it is fine.

Sometimes a client tells me to insert sample@sampleclient.com at the end of a video. That gets flagged or I try to clarify something similar and that gets flagged.

Whenever a client tells you something that is against the TOS I think it is best to reply the client with a warning so if they eventually review the messages, you won’t be found wanting.

And that’s what you have done, so you should be fine

πŸ˜‡

Guest offlinehelpers

He told me to create 3 Fiverr gigs on his account and he said that he is not able to make gigs.

And you agreed??? πŸ˜’

I just went to your gig’s. You didn’t specify in anyway that the buyer will be providing their login details or team viewer details.

Fiverr says you can use personal information if it is a part of your gig.

For example, a WordPress website, if a developer wants to work in it, he will require your username and password.

However your gig only talks about writing a description.

Secondly I think as @offlinehelpers said it will be risky to login to his account. They might flag your ip and think you are running multiple accounts.

Everything checks out except that part,

You should stay away

I just went to your gig’s. You didn’t specify in anyway that the buyer will be providing their login details or team viewer details.

Fiverr says you can use personal information if it is a part of your gig.

For example, a WordPress website, if a developer wants to work in it, he will require your username and password.

However your gig only talks about writing a description.

Secondly I think as @offlinehelpers said it will be risky to login to his account. They might flag your ip and think you are running multiple accounts.

Everything checks out except that part,

You should stay away

Actually, he wanted me to do a custom offer which is not offered in any of my gigs.

I do not have any of his details (eg. email address, TeamViewer username, and password, etc.)

except for his Fiverr username and password. (I never asked him to give his Fiverr password.)

Now, I am rejecting his offer… That will be safe for me πŸ˜…

Actually, he wanted me to do a custom offer which is not offered in any of my gigs.

I do not have any of his details (eg. email address, TeamViewer username, and password, etc.)

except for his Fiverr username and password. (I never asked him to give his Fiverr password.)

Now, I am rejecting his offer… That will be safe for me πŸ˜…

You should, as fast as possible. Before they review it. It is easier when it is still avoidable.

They say β€œPrevention is better than cure”

Archived