Beware with this buyer!

krishnasaie

I received a kind of message from a buyer, he directed me to download a file from external URL which contains all the required information about the work/task, but to my surprise when i downloaded, it contained potential virus which could lead to compromise my whole computer. At first i thought it could be a mistake at the server end and replied him back to send me the clean file but no response at all, i waited for couple of days and reported to Fiverr.

I request everyone to stay away from these kind of trap.

Am sure lot of people have encountered this but my main aim is to educate new sellers who come here to earn and i request them to check all the facts about the buyer first and don’t fall into this crap trap. Never indulge in sending or receiving external links to download a file outside Fiverr.

Note: Virus could be a Trojan, Malware or Adware

Beware and work safe!

Regards
Saiekrishna

Guest offlinehelpers

I know you’re trying to be helpful, and thank you for that, but could you please remove the username from your post? Thank you in advance. ☀️

I know you’re trying to be helpful, and thank you for that, but could you please remove the username from your post? Thank you in advance. ☀️

Thank you for the suggestion but i deliberately mentioned the user name in the post so that new user’s can be cautioned. No offence to anyone…

Guest offlinehelpers

Thank you for the suggestion but i deliberately mentioned the user name in the post so that new user’s can be cautioned. No offence to anyone…

I appreciate your concern for others’ safety, but it really is against the forum terms of service - otherwise anybody could say anything about anybody else. Again, thank you in advance!

I appreciate your concern for others’ safety, but it really is against the forum terms of service - otherwise anybody could say anything about anybody else. Again, thank you in advance!

I understand and thank you for letting me know. I have now removed the username from the post.

Happy Freelancing!

Guest offlinehelpers

I understand and thank you for letting me know. I have now removed the username from the post.

Happy Freelancing!

Thank you, and you too! ☀️

Archived